Sean McLoughlin

pod

Good window?
How many starts has our big signing McAllister had? Djorkaeff anybody? An ageing injury prone Broadfoot?
And the fact our first team squad hadn't all trained together before our first league game!
If that's a good window.. feck me!

Yep it’s been a good window. What’s the problem with late signings?

The only two misses have been Djorkaeff and McAllister, and Kyle is still a youngster so could come good.

The rest of our signings have had various degrees of success, including Broadfoot who was immense before his injury.

Best window we’ve had for a while I’d say.

13 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I’m judging the window as a whole, not part of the window.

We are 7 points better off than last season, a huge improvement all round.

I'm in your camp on this one on more points gained. We'll done to all. A very competitive league with a small spread of points covering most of the bottom 6. 

Most of our signings have been able to make on field contributions. Some not. Risks were taken with McAllister and Broadfoot in with Jack Baird out. League Cup apart our early season defensive record was sound. 

Looking forward.. The club knew we had Sean tied up only till January as that was the deal. They were right to try to keep him. Now need to move on. CB, Left Back, Winger and Striker in. 

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Good window?
How many starts has our big signing McAllister had? Djorkaeff anybody? An ageing injury prone Broadfoot?
And the fact our first team squad hadn't all trained together before our first league game!

Plus very few goals from our big hope's up front 

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Good window?

Every team in the league had signed a few failures. 

We're not done worst than most if not all the other clubs. 

4 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

I am not sure what you mean? Sean hasn't been "recalled" he was only on loan till January. So struggling to see where the "factoring in" happens.
If..? You are alluding to my comment quoted above, that was in respect of us having completely failed to have an organised, coherent summer transfer window, despite a DoF whose main responsibility was to ensure we did!
It's called irony! I.e. completely f**king it up, then saying we are already looking at the next window... feck me they had 3 months in the summer and made an arse of it, are we confident they can crack it in one month?

Can I just state for the record, just in case it wasn’t obvious to all and sundry, that you are an intensely boring khunt.

That is all on this matter. 

Quite a difference in timescales there, added to the fact some on here insist our summer recruitment campaign was a carefully crafted success, rather than the mad panic to field a side at Easter road with four debutants!

It may not have been a total success chap, nor a total failure. Every new recruit is always a gamble, look at the players the old firm brought in that haven’t set the Heather on fire, been bit players or even started a game.
Stevie May was another that was a target but done heehaw for St Johnstone.
Let’s hope the transfer window works well for us in January.
All the best to Saints fans, players and staff for 2020.

Goodwin's signings have been far improved on the dross that were signed the previous summer. Are they better than what was brought in last January? I'm not so sure. This forthcoming window will be massive yet again if we are to secure our Premiership status. 

Wow, a front runner for next years BBC Sportsperson of the Year. [emoji38]
His compilation of goals will be on You've Been Framed. :rolleyes:
He's also JUST back after nine months out with a career threatening injury!

I suppose you expect him to be at his peak from match one?

Were that the case, he wouldn't be here.

He is improving week by week.

Give him a chance.

I guess you were among the crew who slated Mehmet at first, despite him playing when trying to recover from illness!

Get behind the lad and trust the manager's judgement.

24 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

He's also JUST back after nine months out with a career threatening injury!

I suppose you expect him to be at his peak from match one?

Were that the case, he wouldn't be here.

He is improving week by week.

Give him a chance.

I guess you were among the crew who slated Mehmet at first, despite him playing when trying to recover from illness!

Get behind the lad and trust the manager's judgement.

:lol:

Goodwin's signings have been far improved on the dross that were signed the previous summer. Are they better than what was brought in last January? I'm not so sure. This forthcoming window will be massive yet again if we are to secure our Premiership status. 

Absolutely and in stark contrast I checked where are they now for Tommy Craig’s signings..........................most of them don’t even play football anymore.

Now that is the very definition of clusterf**k for a transfer window [emoji85]

3 minutes ago, John Gotti said:

Absolutely and in stark contrast I checked where are they now for Tommy Craig’s signings..........................most of them don’t even play football anymore.

Now that is the very definition of clusterf**k for a transfer window emoji85.png

Spot on apart from it was Stubbs. 

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Can I just state for the record, just in case it wasn’t obvious to all and sundry, that you are an intensely boring khunt.

That is all on this matter. 

TPAFKA Jersey 2, may I draw your attention to the excellent IGNORE option on this site, ideal for obliterating from view all "contributions" from intensely boring khunts.

Highly recommended.

p.s. I realise you won't be able to read this of you already have me on IGNORE.

Back on the subject of Sean - it's a real shame we never managed to sign him before Hull in the summer as was said. Definitely the kind of player that could have demanded a large fee come the end of the season. 

Hope he goes on to have a successful career.