What's going on?

Our players didn't look interested tonight...why? Is it lack of confidence, poor tactics or just poor quality players? We can't afford to lose the next few games or we could be adrift and we don't have enough quality in the team to claw it back. Huge transfer window coming up....AGAIN! If we don't add quality in a few positions i can't see us staying up. 

2 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Our players didn't look interested tonight...why? Is it lack of confidence, poor tactics or just poor quality players? We can't afford to lose the next few games or we could be adrift and we don't have enough quality in the team to claw it back. Huge transfer window coming up....AGAIN! If we don't add quality in a few positions i can't see us staying up. 

We won't be staying up. 

I was in early last night and both my son and I remarked how half hearted and disinterested the players looked during the warm up. I suspect the word got back to Goodwin as he appeared about 7.25 and appeared to be trying to roust them during a game of keep ball. It's worrying and the tactics last night (some sort of 4-3-3) saw us over run in midfield with no attempt to adapt. Andreu is a passenger and the state we are now in defensively is nothing short of criminal. Macpherson and Waters should be nowhere near a top league squad and if anyone offered money for Magennis I would carry him there myself ! Worrying stuff that needs addressed in January.

Bottom line... the hard truth that quite a few choose to ignore, or even worse dispute... is that we are a very poorly run club!
Over three years since BtB and not one single new revenue stream has been created to bring funds into the club.
The current board have got by on transfer income from players signed & developed by the previous regime.
Kyle Magennis falls into that bracket too, but his stock will fall in an underwhelming team like ours.
This board are on their FIFTH manager in three years and that could soon be six..!

Isnt that the most telling fact that they cant get THEIR job right, so why should we, or they expect the people recruited by them to be any better?

It's a bit harder to achieve at a smaller club like ours given employee numbers, but their needs to be a clean line in responsibilities between the board and the team management. Having the chairman deciding who we are going to spaff money on because he doesn't trust who he has employed is madness, and repeating the same flawed process time after time.

And employing your mate to agree with you just sums up how little you know in running an effective organisation. Feck me how many years now have fans suffered a piss poor ticketing system?
Wouldn't you think that would have been a priority to sort to keep the tills ringing?
Nope.. more effort goes into selling out to sectarianism because that's easy, and it's a "Society Issue"...
Goody will be in an impossible position come the end of the month with some of his better (dont laugh) players moving on, and being stuck with the ones he knows aren't up to it.
Is it possible the likes of Oran might have wanted to take the Hladky money Qarabag were offering and invest it in 3 or 4 decent players?
You know like one of those £5 -£10k a week guaranteed goalscorers?
Instead we will likely be relegated, and Hladky will walk for nowt, or maybe a pittance in January.
We are a poorly run club...
What you are seeing on the pitch is the evidence of just how poorly run we are.

10 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Bottom line... the hard truth that quite a few choose to ignore, or even worse dispute... is that we are a very poorly run club!
Over three years since BtB and not one single new revenue stream has been created to bring funds into the club.
The current board have got by on transfer income from players signed & developed by the previous regime.
Kyle Magennis falls into that bracket too, but his stock will fall in an underwhelming team like ours.
This board are on their FIFTH manager in three years and that could soon be six..!

Isnt that the most telling fact that they cant get THEIR job right, so why should we, or they expect the people recruited by them to be any better?

It's a bit harder to achieve at a smaller club like ours given employee numbers, but their needs to be a clean line in responsibilities between the board and the team management. Having the chairman deciding who we are going to spaff money on because he doesn't trust who he has employed is madness, and repeating the same flawed process time after time.

And employing your mate to agree with you just sums up how little you know in running an effective organisation. Feck me how many years now have fans suffered a piss poor ticketing system?
Wouldn't you think that would have been a priority to sort to keep the tills ringing?
Nope.. more effort goes into selling out to sectarianism because that's easy, and it's a "Society Issue"...
Goody will be in an impossible position come the end of the month with some of his better (dont laugh) players moving on, and being stuck with the ones he knows aren't up to it.
Is it possible the likes of Oran might have wanted to take the Hladky money Qarabag were offering and invest it in 3 or 4 decent players?
You know like one of those £5 -£10k a week guaranteed goalscorers?
Instead we will likely be relegated, and Hladky will walk for nowt, or maybe a pittance in January.
We are a poorly run club...
What you are seeing on the pitch is the evidence of just how poorly run we are.

As pointed out to you, copy and pasting majority nonsense anywhere else on BAWA will not suddenly make it true.

It will not stop the fact that someone you dislike has progressed our club since taking over as chairman. Tough for you to accept, clearly. 

22 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:
1 hour ago, bazil85 said:
As pointed out to you, copy and pasting majority nonsense anywhere else on BAWA will not suddenly make it true.
It will not stop the fact that someone you dislike has progressed our club since taking over as chairman. Tough for you to accept, clearly. 

He's possibly even worse than Dickson ever was with his "wee huff".

Let's hope he goes the same way as Dicko and runs out of steam. 

11 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

I was in early last night and both my son and I remarked how half hearted and disinterested the players looked during the warm up. I suspect the word got back to Goodwin as he appeared about 7.25 and appeared to be trying to roust them during a game of keep ball. It's worrying and the tactics last night (some sort of 4-3-3) saw us over run in midfield with no attempt to adapt. Andreu is a passenger and the state we are now in defensively is nothing short of criminal. Macpherson and Waters should be nowhere near a top league squad and if anyone offered money for Magennis I would carry him there myself ! Worrying stuff that needs addressed in January.

Absolutely spot on

I have a suggestion... see all the money made from chucking families out their own stand for the Old Firm games... Use that money to bring back Popescu.
But that has already funded two players!

Aren't we grateful?

Where would we be without those two additional diamonds?

Who gives a toss about fans with income generated being invested like that? [emoji850]

13 hours ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I have a suggestion... see all the money made from chucking families out their own stand for the Old Firm games... Use that money to bring back Popescu.

The sum is an important amount of money for our budget but the rumour was in the region of £500k for Popescu, we just couldn't afford him, this income wouldn't touch the sides at that value.

Player also seems to have fallen back in favour at his club so highly unlikely he'd even want to come back/ they'd want to sell now. 

14 hours ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

He has been ever present for Dinamo Bucharest since he returned. He is a first team regular. They were looking for around £300k first time round, his valuation to them will most likely have risen. We cant compete in that market, when you see the latest accounts recently released. It is just no sustainable and just shows that we are kind of dependent on that extra money from the ugly sisters games.

Far be it for me to disagree with all the knickerwetters, but I genuinely believe we are only 2 players short of a decent side. Every club in the land needs a strong centre half and a goal scorer/ provider. I thought letting Ross Stewart go was a mistake, but we move on. Our strikers really need a big strong powerful ball winning partner, but so does everyone else. Next 2 games will see where we are

21 minutes ago, cambiebud said:

Far be it for me to disagree with all the knickerwetters, but I genuinely believe we are only 2 players short of a decent side. Every club in the land needs a strong centre half and a goal scorer/ provider. I thought letting Ross Stewart go was a mistake, but we move on. Our strikers really need a big strong powerful ball winning partner, but so does everyone else. Next 2 games will see where we are

Agree with you about being 2( or 3 or 4) short of being a decent side, but for me that is providing all of our best players are available. Last Wednesday highlighted just how thin the squad is when comes to options. 

22 minutes ago, Long John Baldy said:

I'd probably see closer to 4, doubt 2 would see a big enough improvement with our budget.

All the other teams will be looking to improve in personnel in January, we need to get off the mark quick, let's not kid ourselves, the delay at the start of the season has cost us.

We need to unearth a few cheap/surprise packages.

As I mentioned in another thread we are still very much in it with another 3 teams anyway so not detached. 

The Eastern European market reaped rewards last season,  maybe a road worth going down again. 

Aye , 4 in is what I think. 

54 minutes ago, munoz said:

The Eastern European market reaped rewards last season,  maybe a road worth going down again. 

Aye , 4 in is what I think. 

Does not matter which market - its the quality and ongoing fitness of whoever comes in, and dare I say, fitness of those who are already here too...

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

Does not matter which market - its the quality and ongoing fitness of whoever comes in, and dare I say, fitness of those who are already here too...

With financial constraints,  I'd say it does matter what markets we look in. I imagine the Irish leagues will also be a hunting ground.