Hamilton V St Mirren 7th December

This is the first of three very important games for us before Christmas. They could well define our season. We need a win against Accies to set us up for Livi at home and St. Johnstone away.

But after a poor performance last night, can JG lift the spirits and get a sparkling show out of the players in just three days? Seems unlikely but we must keep the faith.

COYS!!

With injuries to key positions now taking there toll, this game is going to be a tough ask to get the 3 points.  

Last night highlighted just how thin on quality we are, especially in defensive areas when we have 2 or 3 players out. 

52 minutes ago, munoz said:

With injuries to key positions now taking there toll, this game is going to be a tough ask to get the 3 points.  

Last night highlighted just how thin on quality we are, especially in defensive areas when we have 2 or 3 players out. 

Yes we are missing Broadfoot but we have been failing drastically in the key positions of putting the ball in the back of the net, we had many chances v Hibs and Sheep, but buggar all chances last night.

Goody needs to change the way we play.

Simply put its not working

Accies will be buzzing after so nearly getting a point off Celtic, by all accounts they played very well, as they did in large part v Gers

COYS always... but we have to stop deluding ourselves that we are better than the other 11 teams. The Table says otherwise. Even if Sweeper formulates a form guide over the last 40 years that says different.

We will find out a lot about the togetherness, tactics and belief between now and Xmas

Teams have bullied us all season and no doubt that Hamilton will be in our faces on Saturday as well. Strange that with Goodwin in charge we are a bit of a soft touch but that’s the reality I’m afraid.

If we go with that makeshift defence from last night against Hamilton then we will get pumped imo. Central defence is such a key area - Motherwell’s two CB’s won everything last night and that allowed them to play. We need to address this ASAP even if it means taking a punt on out of contract players to get us through to January window.

Decided to go to this, despite my concerns about the team and worries that Açcies will play two big lumps up front who will bully our defence.

Trying to persuade my daughter to go, as she's a lucky mascot and hasn't seen us lose away from home yet. Unfortunately I don't have a response to her argument that it'll be cold and rubbish.

On 12/5/2019 at 8:19 AM, pondsman said:

This is the first of three very important games for us before Christmas. They could well define our season. We need a win against Accies to set us up for Livi at home and St. Johnstone away.

But after a poor performance last night, can JG lift the spirits and get a sparkling show out of the players in just three days? Seems unlikely but we must keep the faith.

COYS!!

I think a rocket up somewhere is what's needed ! We cannot turn up and play like that again this season.

Hamilton will get right into us - will we be men or boys ! Get right into them and let them get some players sent off...

Any kind of win here - good bad, or ugly just get the 3 points !

Statin' the bleedin' obvious but not losing the first goal tomorrow must be our priority - we are low in confidence especially upfront and Hamilton's M.O. is defending a lead & time wasting. We can expect the Accies to be their usual aggressive selves so it is important that we match them in this department too.

Forget Wednesday night and hope JG has come up with a gameplan for defence and that we can sneak a goal - as ever COYS!

Shouldn't be impossible Hamilton are no worldbeaters but we have been on the wrong end of circumstances too often for our current league position to be bad luck only - anyway I'll be keeping as many of my digits crossed as possible!

Edited by Bud the Baker

Right Jim, here's my advice for tomorrow.

1. Don't play Paul McGinn at centre half. It's not his position and we miss his attacking play at right back. Play a youngster at centre half, give big Anton a call, pull the boots on yourself, just don't play the defence we ended up with on Wednesday.

2. Play McAllister and Durmus from the start to give us width and go for it.

3. Tell Obika he gets fined if he drops too deep. He's shite running with the ball and when he has too much thinking time, much more of an instinctive striker. Leave him in the penalty box.

4. Don't be scared to wind Açcies players up, they've had loads sent off this season, a few have a short fuse.

5. Remind the players Açcies are fecking shite.

12 hours ago, Hendo said:

Right Jim, here's my advice for tomorrow.

1. Don't play Paul McGinn at centre half. It's not his position and we miss his attacking play at right back. Play a youngster at centre half, give big Anton a call, pull the boots on yourself, just don't play the defence we ended up with on Wednesday.

2. Play McAllister and Durmus from the start to give us width and go for it.

3. Tell Obika he gets fined if he drops too deep. He's shite running with the ball and when he has too much thinking time, much more of an instinctive striker. Leave him in the penalty box.

4. Don't be scared to wind Açcies players up, they've had loads sent off this season, a few have a short fuse.

5. Remind the players Açcies are fecking shite.

Play Cody Cooke