Hamilton V St Mirren 7th December

2 hours ago, Ronnie said:
4 hours ago, HSS said:
The team have just taken off from Glasgow Airport heading to Dublin for their Xmas night out.

You must have some eyesight seeing them from Leeds

Aye,ok......I made it up.

Said before that it is fine margins in this league and the change of Cammy into midfield worked well for us yesterday giving us more energy. Obika and Junior made it difficult for Hamilton backline but shout out for big McLoughlin who was immense.

Think Goody is still struggling to find his best eleven - would give Obika & Morais combination another chance and for me either Durmus / McAllister need to be in our starting 11 to give us width.

1 hour ago, Dare said:

Said before that it is fine margins in this league and the change of Cammy into midfield worked well for us yesterday giving us more energy. Obika and Junior made it difficult for Hamilton backline but shout out for big McLoughlin who was immense.

Think Goody is still struggling to find his best eleven - would give Obika & Morais combination another chance and for me either Durmus / McAllister need to be in our starting 11 to give us width.

McLoughlin is the best player at the club. Really hope we can keep him in Jan. Outstanding prospect.

McPherson, Foley, Flynn, Magennis all day long before McGinn. I'd punt McGinn in Jan if we could get him off the wage bill.

I'd go with Obika & Morais also. Morais starting to find his feet and for me will prove to far better than Mullen who I don't think is Premiership level.

Still need another striker come Jan though !

I was hugely impressed with that yesterday. After Wednesday I feared we might end up struggling through the festive period with our makeshift defence.

In fact, we played them off the park and the defence did its job. Suddenly as well, 2 guys who were looking like squad players (Morais and MacPherson) have staked their claims as first picks.

I just hope we can get 3 points against Livi and open up a wee gap to 12th.

23 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

It was myself and I'll be absolutely delighted if I am proven wrong!

At least if I'm wrong, I'll put my hands up and admit it. :lol: 

My humble apologies to you and thanks to FTOF for clarifying that it was him who thought Kirky would be back weeks ago !

I also am happy to hold up my hands when I am wrong - no shame in admitting I made a mistake !

10 hours ago, lenziebud said:

McLoughlin is the best player at the club. Really hope we can keep him in Jan. Outstanding prospect.

McPherson, Foley, Flynn, Magennis all day long before McGinn. I'd punt McGinn in Jan if we could get him off the wage bill.

I'd go with Obika & Morais also. Morais starting to find his feet and for me will prove to far better than Mullen who I don't think is Premiership level.

Still need another striker come Jan though !

Mental. On the Sunday sauce?

9 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Foley , Flynn , Broadfoot , Paul McGinn and Vaclav are our next players . Magennis has the potential to be better than the four mentioned .

What about Cammy - a real star at the weekend? (Turned defence into attack regularly and could have had 2 or 3 goals - getting into scoring positions)

Truth is we have a lot of decent players WHEN they play at their best... issue is consistency and how many are at their best in each game.

If 5 or 6 have a great game, we are a very decent team - last Wed I'm not sure if we had 1 or 2 who were at their best. At the weekend we had a fair number who performed really well - P. McGinn, McLoughlin, Flynn (reliable and 100% work ethic too), Cammy, Durmus, Morais and Cooke when he came on. The later 3 should all have scored but if we create that number of chances it is only a matter of time before they bang some in...

Add in Obika, Waters, Magennis and Hladky who did not play badly either.

And that is without Kirky, Foley, and MacKenzie.

Come on JG get them fired up for 2 wins in a row please.  Come on players more of the same possession, fight etc. with more clinical finishing please !  :turtle

20 hours ago, lenziebud said:

Interested to see who you think is better ?.

We'll be very very lucky to keep McLoughlin come Jan. 

An OK player.

Don't think he's outstanding. Personally I was hoping for somebody better and more experienced in Jan. Has sold a fair number of goals this year. 
Broadfoot is a better defender in my opinion.

Hladky, Magennis, Flynn, Foley, P McGinn all also better players in their respective positions and more important to the team.

A number are just as good as him.

From the highlights, Morias looked better and might well be a better combo with Cooke than Obika

Cammy did well and Durmus is finally starting to warm up

Could even be the start of a wee good run of form from McAllister.

It was running, on and off the ball, that allowed us to undo Livi in the pasta bowl a few months ago.

Getting a bit more from these players should set the scene for a repeat on Saturday