St. Mirren v Celtic, 26th December 2019

Did you ever take your child to a game against either of the opponent's that the supporters that want to go are being asked to move to other stands if they wish?

I believe I was 15/16 before I got to attend a game involving either of them, what age from memory do you believe you were?
Not sure what your point is tbh Cockles. Honestly.

I can remember as a young kid being in the Centenary stand at Ibrox and getting abuse gor innocently cheering my team... My Dad telling me to shoosh and me not understanding why!

Same thing happened away to Aberdeen... That was more scary!

Anyway... Sorry... What was your point?

2 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

Did you ever take your child to a game against either of the opponent's that the supporters that want to go are being asked to move to other stands if they wish?

I believe I was 15/16 before I got to attend a game involving either of them, what age from memory do you believe you were?

An intoxicated fecking mess.

I regularly took my sons and their pals to watch every team who came to play us in Paisley and visited all of the other grounds in the top level. Every team has trouble makers and that obviously includes the teams with the largest supports. Didn't do my sons any harm as far as I can see. They know you need two teams to have a match and two sets of supporters to shout their teams on. I don't like the sectarian stuff, never have. Just glad we don't indulge in it and that our fans make a lot of noise but are generally well behaved. Looking forward more to the Kilmarnock game but also to seeing a number of international players in the shirts of our next opponents. Would be really good to put one over on them. 

39 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I can remember as a young kid being in the Centenary stand at Ibrox and getting abuse gor innocently cheering my team... My Dad telling me to shoosh and me not understanding why!

I can remember being in the main stand at and hearing a Saints supporting Church of Scotland minister being abused by a few blue bigots who were in the Saints area.  They called him a ******** b when he applauded a Saints attack and he stood up, took off his scarf and revealed the dog collar.  They said he was still a ******** b because he didn't support the gers.

Mind you, when one of them was warned by a steward to calm down he said "I've no travelled 2,000 miles from Amsterdam to be stopped from supporting the Queen's XI."

The most appalling thing was that they had a young lad with them and he was laughing and joining in.  Sadly, these people have never changed and as far as Scottish football and the press are concerned they don't exist.

I can remember being in the main stand at and hearing a Saints supporting Church of Scotland minister being abused by a few blue bigots who were in the Saints area.  They called him a ******** b when he applauded a Saints attack and he stood up, took off his scarf and revealed the dog collar.  They said he was still a ******** b because he didn't support the gers.
Mind you, when one of them was warned by a steward to calm down he said "I've no travelled 2,000 miles from Amsterdam to be stopped from supporting the Queen's XI."
The most appalling thing was that they had a young lad with them and he was laughing and joining in.  Sadly, these people have never changed and as far as Scottish football and the press are concerned they don't exist.

"I've no travelled 2,000 miles from Amsterdam to be stopped from supporting the Queen's XI."

They must have taken the scenic route [emoji87]

38 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Damage limitation for this one. Batten down the hatches, keep everyone fit and available for the Killie game. Those are the three points we can pick up!

That's a change of stance given your reaction when Kearney did exactly that v the same opponents ahead of a game v Hamilton back in the Spring. As always whatever suits your agenda at the time !!!

On 12/22/2019 at 8:40 PM, BuddieinEK said:

Not sure what your point is tbh Cockles. Honestly.

Same thing happened away to Aberdeen... That was more scary!

Anyway... Sorry... What was your point?

I stood up in the Centenary stand with my Saints scarf waving above my head when Bobby Torrance scored - I was a youngster back then but I got pulled off the bench by my elder brother who said - "you trying to get lynched"

Never mind I enjoyed the celebration against that mob . . .

Nightmare fixture against the mob with the biggest budget, at their hole and the dice stacked in their favour.

Do I think we can win? Maybe one in 80 games against them or something like that. But Livi managed it this season and it is on Boxing day - a few of their pissheads overdoing it and our super fit guys pulling off their best performance AND this could be the one.

Do I think we will win it - not likely. This would be an amazing scenario though - Keep it tight for 92 minutes and hit them on the break with a deft Cooke header. Then as the ref plays an extra 7 minutes, to give them every chance of coming back, keep it tight and hang on..... Now that would be 3 love points

So could we take a draw - why not? Again now highly likely - I think it would mean us scoring as I cannot see us keeping a clean sheet...

Mostly likely outcome is a defeat. Best case then is not by much . . . hopefully no injuries for us and not too many bookings or offs...

Still remember watching us beat them 4 nil on tv at my pals house . . . what a match that was...

8 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Nightmare fixture against the mob with the biggest budget, at their hole and the dice stacked in their favour.

Do I think we can win? Maybe one in 80 games against them or something like that. But Livi managed it this season and it is on Boxing day - a few of their pissheads overdoing it and our super fit guys pulling off their best performance AND this could be the one.

Do I think we will win it - not likely. This would be an amazing scenario though - Keep it tight for 92 minutes and hit them on the break with a deft Cooke header. Then as the ref plays an extra 7 minutes, to give them every chance of coming back, keep it tight and hang on..... Now that would be 3 love points

So could we take a draw - why not? Again now highly likely - I think it would mean us scoring as I cannot see us keeping a clean sheet...

Mostly likely outcome is a defeat. Best case then is not by much . . . hopefully no injuries for us and not too many bookings or offs...

Still remember watching us beat them 4 nil on tv at my pals house . . . what a match that was...

Usual drivel..................can we win, aye, naw mibbie. 

A pal.........................:lol:

Jeezus. 

On 12/24/2019 at 11:24 AM, Sweeper07 said:

Am I mistaken in thinking that this is Saints home game? Methinks someone started his Christmas celebrations too early. 😀

Edited by smcc

Nineteen winless league matches since we beat them 4-0 in 2010. In that time we've managed two draws, scored three times, lost 47. I am not hopeful of a win but what's to lose today? Yes watch the goal difference but have a go, get in their faces and give us something to shout about. It's a funny old game, you just never know the moment. I am so glad l was there in 2010. How many of us out there regret giving that game a body swerve?

We have to realistic - they have better players so we need to be compact and find a shape / formation that will give them problems. Livi have shown what can be done with an organised unit. I hope Lennon sees it as an opportunity to rest a few players - Christie & Edouard being left out would be good !

Hard to see anything other than a Celtic win but it’s the hope that kills you - get yourself down there and shout the team on.

COYS !!!