St. Mirren v Celtic, 26th December 2019

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

What on earth does Goody see in Obika? Plays shite but is never subbed. Another rank rotten performance today but will start on Sunday. Wake up Goody!

57 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Astonishing post. 

That's funny, I just had the same conversation in the pub about Obika.  My friend saying he rotten and brings nothing,  and me saying he holds the ball up well and brings others into the game.  

His decision making can be poor at times , but for me he is the best forward at the club. 

31 minutes ago, windae cleaner said:

He had a decent game a good battle with Julie Anne

Need players to get up beside him

We are badly lacking pace in the team

There is players up with him. He struggles with simple 5 yard passes most of the time. Junior and Cody far more intelligent footballers and physically offer more

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

PS It should be noted Killie are on the crest of a slump. 

Great, so 3-0 to Killie then 🙄

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

What on earth does Goody see in Obika? Plays shite but is never subbed. Another rank rotten performance today but will start on Sunday. Wake up Goody!

Last season’s top scorers had a massive tally of 6 goals.

Obika already has 5 this season. Whether or not he’s a shite footballer (I ain’t commenting on that part as I don’t see the games day in day out) he’s been our biggest goal threat since we returned to the SPL. That’s why we keep playing him. If he can hit similar goal scoring stats for the rest of the season and hit double figures then it doesn’t bother me how useless he is at everything else, because it’s goals that win games.

8 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Great, so 3-0 to Killie then 🙄

Last season’s top scorers had a massive tally of 6 goals.

Obika already has 5 this season. Whether or not he’s a shite footballer (I ain’t commenting on that part as I don’t see the games day in day out) he’s been our biggest goal threat since we returned to the SPL. That’s why we keep playing him. If he can hit similar goal scoring stats for the rest of the season and hit double figures then it doesn’t bother me how useless he is at everything else, because it’s goals that win games.

Obika will get double figures this season.  Pretty sure of that providing he stays injury free. 

1 minute ago, munoz said:

Obika will get double figures this season.  Pretty sure of that providing he stays injury free. 

I'm not convinced he will.

Watched all his goals today before the game, 3 were fortunate and while strikers need some luck he can't stay that lucky for the rest of the season.

Saying that, our goal today was another lucky break, we're using up all our luck before the 2nd half of the season.

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Watched all his goals today before the game, 3 were fortunate and while strikers need some luck he can't stay that lucky for the rest of the season.

Saying that, our goal today was another lucky break, we're using up all our luck before the 2nd half of the season.

I dont get this ? 

In the early part of the season we were arguably unlucky.  Then when our main striker gets himself into good positions in anticipating where the ball is going to go - he is lucky.  

Nah , not for me. 

Obika is not going to score 20 goals a season but that doesn't make him a bad player. Within our financial constraints,  hes more than effective. 

Obika is a handful for any defence in this league. He is awkward and gives defenders problems. His passing and link up play has to be better and we need someone to play off him. Given his role his goal return isn't bad, he is not an out and out goalscorer. Morais was excellent wide today. Great work rate and persistence. What we need is a penalty box sniffer, a wee modern day Eddie Gallagher to benefit from the general donkey work.

3 minutes ago, munoz said:

I dont get this ? 

In the early part of the season we were arguably unlucky.  Then when our main striker gets himself into good positions in anticipating where the ball is going to go - he is lucky.  

Nah , not for me. 

Obika is not going to score 20 goals a season but that doesn't make him a bad player. Within our financial constraints,  hes more than effective. 

Were we?

You're denying he was fortunate with 3 of his goals? 

Sorry, we can bounce this about all night.

Let's see. 

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Were we?

You're denying he was fortunate with 3 of his goals? 

Sorry, we can bounce this about all night.

Let's see. 

Lucky/anticipation,  let's see. 

Fancy a charity bet he hits double figures?

That's funny, I just had the same conversation in the pub about Obika.  My friend saying he rotten and brings nothing,  and me saying he holds the ball up well and brings others into the game.  
His decision making can be poor at times , but for me he is the best forward at the club. 

Spot on.

Not only does he hold the ball and bring others into the game, he’s also our biggest goal threat.

As the goal scoring charts show.

Obika not only must start, but he must play 90 minutes every game.

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Obika is a handful for any defence in this league. He is awkward and gives defenders problems. His passing and link up play has to be better and we need someone to play off him. Given his role his goal return isn't bad, he is not an out and out goalscorer. Morais was excellent wide today. Great work rate and persistence. What we need is a penalty box sniffer, a wee modern day Eddie Gallagher to benefit from the general donkey work.

What we would give for wee eddie or a Lavety now. 

Before the first goal calamity l thought we played quite well and restricted them also creating a few chances ourselves. Second half was a bit of a non event with them playing in second gear most of the time but still dominating. We had some good passages of play but the gulf in class was there for all to see. We don't take our chances and give the ball away cheaply. When we break there is seldom a decent out ball for our midfield to deliver so we end up double backing. These are the same failures we are week in week out and the fact we are playing a top side today just underlines that. Happy we kept the score down and the last minute goal helping all round. Kilmarnock is an important game now to gain momentum on other strugglers. We are no great shakes but good enough to avoid relegation this season

8 hours ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I thought with a bit of luck we could have got a draw today, it would have been daylight robbery but i'd have taken it. I thought our defending was very poor in the first half but the all round team performance in the 2nd half was much better.

We got a bit of luck with our goal. :lol: