St. Mirren v Celtic, 26th December 2019

Guest TPAFKATS
Thought we did well today. Other results went for us too, especially Motherwell winning.
Couple of decent additions in Jan and I think we'll be fine.
Does anybody see what Durmus is offering us cause I'm struggling ? 
He had a poor game yesterday, kept giving away possession. Usually better than that IMO
Djorkaeff must be absolutely honking in training.

My take on Obika, he has no pace, but has strengths in other areas. His hold up play and distribution is good, and he can actually turn, take on and beat a defender. The problem is because of how we are playing he's often doing this on or just past the halfway line rather than at the opponent's 18 yard box. He's actually scored 6 legitimate goals this season, not 5, because his goal against Ross county earlier in the season was onside but incorrectly chopped off, so the stats only show 5. He will get double figures easily if he can stay fit. Think otherwise if you want, but you'll be wrong.

I actually like the Obika / Morias partnership. Thought Morias was excellent yesterday, one of our only players who actually presses and forces opposition players to get rid of the ball. I think these two should be the starting forward two when 4-4-2, and Morias kept in the wide position when playing one up front like yesterday.

22 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

He had a poor game yesterday, kept giving away possession. Usually better than that IMO
Djorkaeff must be absolutely honking in training.

I agree he is usually better than yesterday, i can see the potential in him and he has ability it just doesn't come through often enough or for a good part of the 90 mins for me. Not sure how many games he'll get post Jan when we bring a few new faces in. Think JG will be looking at benching him then unless we get more consistency over 90 mins from him. Morais for me has the potential to be more of a threat down the right hand side.

59 minutes ago, zurich_allan said:
1 hour ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

So looking at the freezeframe for the second then, it actually WOULD have been offside if we hadn't played him on - although his feet were in his own half, he was clearly leaning forward over the halfway line, and it's any part of the body EXCEPT THE HANDS AND ARMS, not just the feet that count. We played him onside.

I think he would still have been onside.

1 hour ago, waldorf34 said:

Was our home support down by 1000

It would appear not as the home attendance yesterday was 3740 or thereabouts and the total crowd at the Livingston game a fortnight before was 4344. It's fair to say the home crowd was down however.

Official attendance 6797
Over 3000 bigots
Leaves about 3500 home support which may include ST's that didn't attend. So possibly 1000 down?
The Killie game will be a good marker to judge it as it's also a holiday period home game.
The board persist in shooting themselves in the foot for a couple of hundred bigots on the gate.

Was our home support down by 1000

Official attendance 6797
Over 3000 bigots
Leaves about 3500 home support which may include ST's that didn't attend. So possibly 1000 down?
The Killie game will be a good marker to judge it as it's also a holiday period home game.
The board persist in shooting themselves in the foot for a couple of hundred bigots on the gate.
The north & south stands hold 3300 so yes looks like about 1000 buds down compared to the Livi game, and if you consider that ain't a big draw fixture it looks worse.

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
15 minutes ago, FTOF said:
Could we please keep made up crowd figures and/or financial gain/losses, to the original dummy spitting thread.emoji4.png

Are you saying the club make up the crowd figures? Cause that's the figures we are referencing.

The club announced 3056 away fans yesterday, it was also on the screen!!

Morias is excellent the first 60 minutes of games but absoultely runs himself into the ground and is out on his feet after that. He did the exact same at Perth on Saturday. 

Obika seems to be this years easy target despite handling himself very well in most games. I heard someone yesterday having a go at him for not shooting when he had his back to goal 25 yards out and Julien right up his humpf. 

Yeah, he's not got pace but he's strong and awkward and good with the ball at his feet. Reminds me a bit of Billy Mehmet who used to get the same levels of ire but was also a hugely important part of our team. 

Somewhere within the "front four" of Obika, Morais, Mullen and Cooke I am convinced that we have a potent attack but JG still hasn't pinpointed the ideal starting pair,  or the appropriate timing is for introducing the substitutions. These 4 guys have individually shown that they can trouble defences but have yet to get into a proper strike force. 

5 hours ago, zurich_allan said:

My take on Obika, he has no pace, but has strengths in other areas. His hold up play and distribution is good, and he can actually turn, take on and beat a defender. The problem is because of how we are playing he's often doing this on or just past the halfway line rather than at the opponent's 18 yard box. He's actually scored 6 legitimate goals this season, not 5, because his goal against Ross county earlier in the season was onside but incorrectly chopped off, so the stats only show 5. He will get double figures easily if he can stay fit. Think otherwise if you want, but you'll be wrong.

I actually like the Obika / Morias partnership. Thought Morias was excellent yesterday, one of our only players who actually presses and forces opposition players to get rid of the ball. I think these two should be the starting forward two when 4-4-2, and Morias kept in the wide position when playing one up front like yesterday.

A. decent partnership. Need better service from the wings imo. 

Morias is excellent the first 60 minutes of games but absoultely runs himself into the ground and is out on his feet after that. He did the exact same at Perth on Saturday. 
Obika seems to be this years easy target despite handling himself very well in most games. I heard someone yesterday having a go at him for not shooting when he had his back to goal 25 yards out and Julien right up his humpf. 
Yeah, he's not got pace but he's strong and awkward and good with the ball at his feet. Reminds me a bit of Billy Mehmet who used to get the same levels of ire but was also a hugely important part of our team. 
The big let down is Durmus who seems ever more reluctant to get stuck in, compete and put in a shift. When he isn't pulling his weight more of the burden falls on Morais, who runs even further trying to take up the slack.
Durmus doesn't strike as a team player.
Erahon might put in a more honest shift in that position?

7 hours ago, zurich_allan said:

:lol::lol::lol:

Legitimate even although it doesn't officially count. :hammer