St. Mirren v Celtic, 26th December 2019

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

The big let down is Durmus who seems ever more reluctant to get stuck in, compete and put in a shift. When he isn't pulling his weight more of the burden falls on Morais, who runs even further trying to take up the slack.
Durmus doesn't strike as a team player.
Erahon might put in a more honest shift in that position?

Whilst you have a point regarding the work rate of Dormus during some games, I don't think we will see Ethan anytime soon. 

We were about 500 down on the previous 2 home games. 500 down but 1500 more away fans, it's not difficult to see why we do it. I personally don't agree and would happily give them 1 stand but as a purely financial decision it's hard to argue with. Unless someone can come up with a way to guarantee the circa 90k revenue loss we will have to suck it up. To date no one has.

Official attendance 6797
Over 3000 bigots
Leaves about 3500 home support which may include ST's that didn't attend. So possibly 1000 down?
The Killie game will be a good marker to judge it as it's also a holiday period home game.
The board persist in shooting themselves in the foot for a couple of hundred bigots on the gate.

We were about 500 down on the previous 2 home games. 500 down but 1500 more away fans, it's not difficult to see why we do it. I personally don't agree and would happily give them 1 stand but as a purely financial decision it's hard to argue with. Unless someone can come up with a way to guarantee the circa 90k revenue loss we will have to suck it up. To date no one has.
I think you're being generous there. There"s nearly 1000 less officially declared home fans not counting ST holders who didn't go, but are included. Add to that the celtic fans who were in the home end!
Some were ejected, remember how the club and its arse kickers said this wont happen if we give them two stands?
Seems the celtic fans didn't get that memo

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

I think you're being generous there. There"s nearly 1000 less officially declared home fans not counting ST holders who didn't go, but are included. Add to that the celtic fans who were in the home end!
Some were ejected, remember how the club and its arse kickers said this wont happen if we give them two stands?

ST holders who didn’t attend are not included, its the numbers through the turnstiles that are recorded. There were 442 less home fans (West & Main Stand) than the Livingston game (West, South & Main Stands).

3 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

I saw no one being put out of any stand. So how do we make up the shortfall in revenue. Until that issue is resolved the two stands has to continue ? As I said I hate it but there is no point in gum bumping about it not happening until we have a realistic financial alternative. You can't moan about the books on one thread and argue we should cut off an obvious income stream on another. Everyone has their right to not go to these games out of protest but in reality that only exacerbates the obvious financial quandary. I personally can't see a solution so can't see it ending.

Edited by Ayrshire Saints

12 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

There were empty spaces in the North and Family stands

Seems a few Sellic fans didn't turn up

On the Sellic fans in the home ends especially the Main Stand

There nothing the Club can do if Buds are buying tickets for them

I saw no one being put out of any stand. So how do we make up the shortfall in revenue. Until that issue is resolved the two stands has to continue ? As I said I hate it but there is no point in gum bumping about it not happening until we have a realistic financial alternative. You can't moan about the books on one thread and argue we should cut off an obvious income stream on another. Everyone has their right to not go to these games out of protest but in reality that only exacerbates the obvious financial quandary. I personally can't see a solution so can't see it ending.
If the club dont change their policy of embracing racism for cash then the home support, as in years gone by will fall off.
What the club are actually creating is a generation of kids and families who wont see an old firm home game. Arguably the biggest events in our home domestic season, which youngsters and their families are not welcome in a safe area.

You talk about reducing income streams... just consider that... a whole generation turned away for a couple of hundred extra ticket sales!

How do you reverse that? Or do you simply sell them even more stands?

11 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Only solution, practical or not, is for us to have a main and West stand that are both sold out to season ticket holders at the start of the season. There would be no way then of decanting any of our fans from the family stand. 

You seem to think this is a new phenomenon. At Love Street we regularly had 15000 plus of the scum spilling into every area of the ground. For that reason I never was taken to a game against either cheek until I was in my teens. It's always been this way it's an age old problem but it didn't turn the fans of my age away so don't see why it should be any different today.

If the club dont change their policy of embracing racism for cash then the home support, as in years gone by will fall off.
What the club are actually creating is a generation of kids and families who wont see an old firm home game. Arguably the biggest events in our home domestic season, which youngsters and their families are not welcome in a safe area.

You talk about reducing income streams... just consider that... a whole generation turned away for a couple of hundred extra ticket sales!

How do you reverse that? Or do you simply sell them even more stands?

You seem to think this is a new phenomenon. At Love Street we regularly had 15000 plus of the scum spilling into every area of the ground. For that reason I never was taken to a game against either cheek until I was in my teens. It's always been this way it's an age old problem but it didn't turn the fans of my age away so don't see why it should be any different today.
So because its always been this way we should just pucker up and take it?
No that is an abdication of responsibility and leadership by our board. They are taking us back to the bad old days.
Tge diff6thus time round is we actually have a good, safe and entertaining area if the stadium for kids & families. But they have been kicked out of that safe area to accommodate racism for cash. How many kids and families are lost to the club by these actions?
Next time the board bemoan lack of ticket sales etc... they only have to look at their own short term greed and laziness.
Just about every other sport in the country works at every fixture to encourage and accommodate the fans of the future. But not our football club seemingly.
Just as you sow, you shall reap!
Keep repeating the failed thinking of the past, Nd you will be saddled with its consequences.

15 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

No that is an abdication of responsibility and leadership by our board. They are taking us back to the bad old days.
Tge diff6thus time round is we actually have a good, safe and entertaining area if the stadium for kids & families. But they have been kicked out of that safe area to accommodate racism for cash. How many kids and families are lost to the club by these actions?
Next time the board bemoan lack of ticket sales etc... they only have to look at their own short term greed and laziness.
Just about every other sport in the country works at every fixture to encourage and accommodate the fans of the future. But not our football club seemingly.
Keep repeating the failed thinking of the past, Nd you will be saddled with its consequences.

The fact is most people don't have as strong opinions against the old firm as you do.

They are being asked to move seats for our least important game of the season. It's not that big a deal. 

I agree they shouldn't be in our end though. That causes a whole set of other problems.

Edited by LargsBud

22 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

The fact is most people don't have as strong opinions against the old firm as you do.

They are being asked to move seats for our least important game of the season. It's not that big a deal. 

I agree they shouldn't be in our end though. That causes a whole set of other problems.

Twenty Seven Pounds for our least important game of the Season ? 

7 minutes ago, shull said:

Twenty Seven Pounds for our least important game of the Season ? 

I didn't pay £27. Celtic squeezed past us. Needed a gift for the first of their two goals. Brown was their best player followed by Mcgregor and Eduarde imo. Mistake apart, Hladky had a good game. Flynn could / should have scored. Obika caused Julien to have a sleepless night last night. Not all bad. 

Again all well and good but how do we replace the lost revenue. I agree with the get them out rhetoric but we need to replace that revenue and you clearly have as little clue how to guarantee that as I do. No one will argue against the points you make but we have to have a scheme that allows us to give them 1 stand without financial detriment to the club. BTW I wholeheartedly agree the 3 home games against the cheeks are easily my least important of the season and I haven't been to either of their middens in generations

Again all well and good but how do we replace the lost revenue. I agree with the get them out rhetoric but we need to replace that revenue and you clearly have as little clue how to guarantee that as I do. No one will argue against the points you make but we have to have a scheme that allows us to give them 1 stand without financial detriment to the club. BTW I wholeheartedly agree the 3 home games against the cheeks are easily my least important of the season and I haven't been to either of their middens in generations
Simply incentivise kids, families, ST holders and any others to attend by offering deals, half price tickets to ST holders, family deals etc and build a bigger support for EVERY game....
Instead of turning away the support of the future for a few more quid!
The real question is... how will the club sell tickets to anyone if they aren't in this league?

Simply incentivise kids, families, ST holders and any others to attend by offering deals, half price tickets to ST holders, family deals etc and build a bigger support for EVERY game....
Instead of turning away the support of the future for a few more quid!
The real question is... how will the club sell tickets to anyone if they aren't in this league?
Should say 'half price additional ticket' to ST's

Go on just for a laugh, provide some costings and numbers for these suggestions.

Will they also apply for every game?
So very easy to be negative when someone is at least trying to be positive.

I said something similar right back when Jack Ross was in charge.

We had the opportunity to build on the biggest feel good factor in the club in decades!

We didn't even try!

There was no attempt whatsoever to try and encourage an increased support before simply bending over and asking the OF how deep we should take it!

And people wonder why there is pain?

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

The correct answer to that question is that we shouldn't be making pound for pound replacement a necessity. It's a bogus argument as is the one about " but what if it costs us relegation". Both of those are the arguments pf schoolchildren.

We should not be turfing children out of that stand for bigot cash and we should cut our cloth accordingly. Some things are more important than the bigot pound.

It's the principle of the matter of how we treat our youngest fans which should be the highest priority. There is a reason we don't move W6/7 or the main stand fans. They wouldn't tolerate it. Kids don't fight back though.

5 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

I didn't pay £27. Celtic squeezed past us. Needed a gift for the first of their two goals. Brown was their best player followed by Mcgregor and Eduarde imo. Mistake apart, Hladky had a good game. Flynn could / should have scored. Obika caused Julien to have a sleepless night last night. Not all bad. 

I legit don't know what game you were watching. Brown gave up more possession and lost more 50/50s than I can ever remember. I actually thought he was the weak link in their team. 

Edited by djchapsticks