St. Mirren v Celtic, 26th December 2019

30 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

Go on just for a laugh, provide some costings and numbers for these suggestions.

Will they also apply for every game?

We have increased our crowds year on year over the past 5 seasons. The club has used special offers and I applaud these. I would certainly encourage their use particularly for the young. Wouldn't any fan? 

7 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I legit don't know what game you were watching. Brown gave up more possession and lost more 50/50s than I can ever remember. I actually thought he was the weak link in their team. 

Therin lies the magic of watching football. We see things differently although, I grant you he had a harder time in the second half. He was also.. Ably supported by the younger legs on Mcgregor. 

Edited by St.Ricky

12 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I legit don't know what game you were watching. Brown gave up more possession and lost more 50/50s than I can ever remember. I actually thought he was the weak link in their team. 

Not quite as bad as that, mostly anonymous what I saw, certainly not an nominee for their man of the match. :lol:

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Not quite as bad as that, mostly anonymous what I saw, certainly not an nominee for their man of the match. :lol:

No Celtic players will ever be man of the match as far as I'm concerned.  

Only Saints players. 

38 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

I was being sarcastic not negative. emoji848.png

St Mirren already do loads of what he wrote.

Even with these incentives we only sometimes have a crowd that is above what the Main and West stand holds.

See you tomorrow emoji106.png

No chance

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Possibly a bit harsh but he was almost dropping to centre half at points and looked considerably weaker than Ajer or Julien in that role. Then when he was in possession in midfield, he was really sloppy...not like him at all. 

I am presently living in Spain and watching Saints games on tv I know we got our goal in the 89th minute but was really upset that the ref only allowed two mins added time given the stoppages incl subs etc I would have said there was at least five mins minimum just feel this was a guess by the ref I watch a lot of matches from England including the Premier League and Championship I watched Leeds v PNE last night when with no injuries the ref played six mins added time just don’t think our refs are up to the mark

Two years ago ICT had a 'pay what you want' day with the aim to increase their support. The attendance increase was minimal and takings plumeted as many folk only gave coppers or a few quid to get in. Even with the option of only paying 10p few took it up.

Increasing support takes time and effort (and success). There is no quick fix.

We shouldn't but we have so that cash needs to be recouped somehow. Again I don't disagree with your argument but unfortunately that horse has bolted and we now need to come up with a plan to recoup it if we go back to giving the cheeks 1 stand. I'm not being obtuse here I wholeheartedly agree with getting them to f*&k but if we do we need to replace that revenue. Any business that turned it's back on 80-90k revenue would rightly be pilloried. What's the solution ? For what it's worth if 3000 ST holders were asked to pay £30 more for their ST to keep them to 1 stand I would vote yes in a heartbeat but I know I am in a minority with that.

The correct answer to that question is that we shouldn't be making pound for pound replacement a necessity. It's a bogus argument as is the one about " but what if it costs us relegation". Both of those are the arguments pf schoolchildren.
We should not be turfing children out of that stand for bigot cash and we should cut our cloth accordingly. Some things are more important than the bigot pound.
It's the principle of the matter of how we treat our youngest fans which should be the highest priority. There is a reason we don't move W6/7 or the main stand fans. They wouldn't tolerate it. Kids don't fight back though.

We shouldn't but we have so that cash needs to be recouped somehow. Again I don't disagree with your argument but unfortunately that horse has bolted and we now need to come up with a plan to recoup it if we go back to giving the cheeks 1 stand. I'm not being obtuse here I wholeheartedly agree with getting them to f*&k but if we do we need to replace that revenue. Any business that turned it's back on 80-90k revenue would rightly be pilloried. What's the solution ? For what it's worth if 3000 ST holders were asked to pay £30 more for their ST to keep them to 1 stand I would vote yes in a heartbeat but I know I am in a minority with that.
How do you know that?

Two years ago ICT had a 'pay what you want' day with the aim to increase their support. The attendance increase was minimal and takings plumeted as many folk only gave coppers or a few quid to get in. Even with the option of only paying 10p few took it up.

Of course it takes time...

All the more frustrating...

How much time do we need to rewind?

How much time have we wasted through no attempt whatsoever to build our own support?

9 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

How much time have we wasted through no attempt whatsoever to build our own support?

I don't want to piss on your chips but we are not going to increase our support ANYWHERE near enough to replace the money we bring in from the Rangers or Celtic games. 

So, we have massive empty spaces or we do what we're doing, that's the choices I'm afraid. 

I don't want to piss on your chips but we are not going to increase our support ANYWHERE near enough to replace the money we bring in from the Rangers or Celtic games. 
So, we have massive empty spaces or we do what we're doing, that's the choices I'm afraid. 
What size of cock are you pissing with?

How many home fans were there v Celtic?

How many home fans were at the 4-1 cup win v Dundee United?

They all dead?
Their descendants all dead?

We just forgotten how to appeal to new fans?

Is it wrong to aim the piss higher up the wall?

f**k that Ferguson bloke for daring to dream... and turn the dream into action!

Anyway... back to your small cock issue! Don't take it personally!

It's not what you have.

It's how you use it!

10 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

What size of cock are you pissing with?

How many home fans were there v Celtic?

How many home fans were at the 4-1 cup win v Dundee United?

They all dead?
Their descendants all dead?

We just forgotten how to appeal to new fans?

Is it wrong to aim the piss higher up the wall?

f**k that Ferguson bloke for daring to dream... and turn the dream into action!

Anyway... back to your small cock issue! Don't take it personally!

It's not what you have.

It's how you use it!

^^^^^ Stuck in the past.

Dream on, reality is we are where we are...............................apart from the odd cup final or play off games.

League games we're stuck around 4000 mark.

PS, keep your cock comments to yourself, not my fault you have a fanny. :lol:

^^^^^ Stuck in the past.
Dream on, reality is we are where we are...............................apart from the odd cup final or play off games.
PS, keep your cock comments to yourself, not my fault you have a fanny. [emoji38]
You're my fanny?
Nice! [emoji41][emoji12]

Building support I would say comes primarily through youth and the Club have been very active in that area. It will be years before they are old enough to buy their own season tickets and even then many will be replacing the old codgers on here.

Adults rarely decide to suddenly support a football team and whack out a few hundred quid for a ST.

The many Community initiatives have raised a great deal of awareness in the Club which hopefully may bring in some new support.

But besides Community and targeting children what other practical initatives are there that are being overlooked?

6 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Under Gordon, the argument is lost because he has personally chosen to make money the only factor.

The alternative is not to be as money obsessed as him and force ourselves to recoup the loss. The alternative is to replace Gordon with a board who will refuse to put the bigot pound ahead of our youngest supporters, who will then devise an appropriate budget in the short term and get cracking on sustainable income generation in the longer term. We should make no future reference to the bigot money in terms of "how much we are losing" or whether we are spinning lies about the 1-stand/2-stand comparison.

Of course, all of that needs to be argued for but that is what I would like to see. I want to see people stop talking about ridiculous nonsense like "holding their noses and taking the cash" on this issue and actually have the moral courage to stand up for our kids.

Edited by oaksoft

Building support I would say comes primarily through youth and the Club have been very active in that area. It will be years before they are old enough to buy their own season tickets and even then many will be replacing the old codgers on here.

Adults rarely decide to suddenly support a football team and whack out a few hundred quid for a ST.

The many Community initiatives have raised a great deal of awareness in the Club which hopefully may bring in some new support.

But besides Community and targeting children what other practical initatives are there that are being overlooked?
The very youth that are completely cast aside for the games against the OF when all Panda club activities are totally abandoned!

So our primary source of future income is, by your admission, abandoned.

What incentives have we ever tried? Bring a friend for a fiver, for example? Even once?

6 hours ago, faraway saint said:

^^^^^ Stuck in the past.

PS, keep your cock comments to yourself, not my fault you have a fanny. :lol:

BuddieInEK is right about this.

There is next to no marketing strategy and that is certainly one massive reason why we have gaps in the stadium.

Anyone who runs any sort of company knows you can't survive with almost no marketing at all so why don't you understand this very basic principle?

Oh wait I think I might know the answer.......

7 hours ago, Sonny said:

You need both a Sales strategy (which that was) AND you need a marketing strategy.

To sell you need an audience in the first place. Selling 10p tickets without the marketing to generate an enthused audience first  is a waste of time as ICT found.

That is why their initiative failed.