St. Mirren v Celtic, 26th December 2019

On 12/29/2019 at 4:45 AM, oaksoft said:
On 12/28/2019 at 10:39 PM, faraway saint said:

^^^^^ Stuck in the past.

Dream on, reality is we are where we are...............................apart from the odd cup final or play off games.

League games we're stuck around 4000 mark.

PS, keep your cock comments to yourself, not my fault you have a fanny. :lol:

BuddieInEK is right about this.

There is next to no marketing strategy and that is certainly one massive reason why we have gaps in the stadium.

Anyone who runs any sort of company knows you can't survive with almost no marketing at all so why don't you understand this very basic principle?

Oh wait I think I might know the answer.......

Of course YOU know the answer tp fecking everything ........sanctimonious tw*t  😎

2 hours ago, Yflab said:

I think you are being incredibly generous with 15000.

Yeah there's absolutely no way we could get 15,000 into the ground.

We would lose all of one stand behind a goal plus a fair bit of each stand running alongside. Maybe 2000 seats. We could possibly get 1000 to 1500 safely on the pitch but realistically no more than 7000 to 8000 attendance in total.

The acoustics in the Hydro are very poor but outdoor venues can be notoriously difficult with weather potentially creating large performance swings throughout the ground. Nevertheless it's definitely worth looking into. I am sure we would find some interest from promoters.

18 minutes ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

With the pitch full of people, the sight lines from the front of the stands would be even worse than they are for football. The first 3 or 4 rows would be essentially redundant, in stands that only have 12-14 rows as it is. The height, gradient and raised front row of the stands at Falkirk are far better suited.

DjJQ4PrXsAUwmWh.jpg

I can see advantages to St Mirren Park already for people subjected to Rod Stewart whose last decent song was about 1973 😊

On 12/28/2019 at 10:27 PM, BuddieinEK said:

How many home fans were at the 4-1 cup win v Dundee United?
They all dead?    Their descendants all dead?

We just forgotten how to appeal to new fans?     Is it wrong to aim the piss higher up the wall?
f**k that Ferguson bloke for daring to dream... and turn the dream into action!
Anyway... back to your small cock issue! Don't take it personally!

It's not what you have.          It's how you use it!

Two biggest ways to increase our fan base are :-

1. Success  - improve the team and play attractive attacking football and be very difficult to beat.

2. Get them in at the right age - We need to have allegiances with youth football teams all over the place - give clubs £2 entry tickets for their teams under 16 regularly and give them some incentives for coming back - let them guess the 1st scorer and give a prize or that type of thing.  (and give the adults/coaches free tickets for bringing them)

If we manage both of these together, we will catch a number for life and maybe a player or two every few years . . .   :turtle

1 hour ago, norman said:

St Mirren park doesn't have anything to offer as a concert venue when there is a custom built indoor arena 10 miles up the road that holds 14,000 people. You'd have to basically allow the promoters to use it for free to get anyone choosing to hold a concert there.

I only mentioned concerts as an example,what I was driving at is the fact that the stadium is empty and unused for 320 days a year ,the hospitality  and 1877  probably 300 days a year!

St Mirren park doesn't have anything to offer as a concert venue when there is a custom built indoor arena 10 miles up the road that holds 14,000 people. You'd have to basically allow the promoters to use it for free to get anyone choosing to hold a concert there.
So how do Falkirk, Fakes etc manage to stage events if theres supposedly no demand for 8-10000 stadia?
I think you are making a large unfounded assumption. City centres hold concerts that size next door to indoor venues of the same capacity.

49 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

I only mentioned concerts as an example,what I was driving at is the fact that the stadium is empty and unused for 320 days a year ,the hospitality  and 1877  probably 300 days a year!

It could used many times a day and every day of the year if we invested in an AstroTurf pitch. 

Easy money. 

6 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

So how do Falkirk, Fakes etc manage to stage events if theres supposedly no demand for 8-10000 stadia?
I think you are making a large unfounded assumption. City centres hold concerts that size next door to indoor venues of the same capacity.

You don't understand why stadiums in Falkirk and Perth, many, many miles away from other suitable venues occasionally get used for concerts, but St Mirren park, on the outskirts of Glasgow, with dozens of suitable venues, including a custom build indoor arena made specifically for concerts just minutes up the road isn't quite as in demand?

You don't understand why stadiums in Falkirk and Perth, many, many miles away from other suitable venues occasionally get used for concerts, but St Mirren park, on the outskirts of Glasgow, with dozens of suitable venues, including a custom build indoor arena made specifically for concerts just minutes up the road isn't quite as in demand?
Isnt Falkirk just along the road from Ingliston?
Isnt the population, and catchment area of Perth minuscule in comparison to Paisley?
Do either have a Train station, motorway and Airport within a mile or so, and a lot of hotel rooms?
Just because it hasn't been done, or your not first to do it, doesn't mean you cant be the best!
Paisley gets rammed from people from across West/Central Scotland for fireworks, Halloween, winter wonderland etc, etc,... and as you point out just up the road the Irn Bru carnival is a substantial indoor venue.

59 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Isnt Falkirk just along the road from Ingliston?
Isnt the population, and catchment area of Perth minuscule in comparison to Paisley?
Do either have a Train station, motorway and Airport within a mile or so, and a lot of hotel rooms?
Just because it hasn't been done, or your not first to do it, doesn't mean you cant be the best!
Paisley gets rammed from people from across West/Central Scotland for fireworks, Halloween, winter wonderland etc, etc,... and as you point out just up the road the Irn Bru carnival is a substantial indoor venue.

Well, if you think there is a huge demand for medium sized outdoor concerts on the outskirts of Paisley that mean promoters are willing to pay good money to host it there instead of just in the multiple venues in the biggest city in Scotland just up the road then fair enough, nobody can change that point of view.

Well, if you think there is a huge demand for medium sized outdoor concerts on the outskirts of Paisley that mean promoters are willing to pay good money to host it there instead of just in the multiple venues in the biggest city in Scotland just up the road then fair enough, nobody can change that point of view.
If there is in Perth & Falkirk then it stands to reason there will be in a much more densely populated and better connected venue.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:
2 hours ago, norman said:

If there is in Perth & Falkirk then it stands to reason there will be in a much more densely populated and better connected venue.

So why are Hamilton, Motherwell and Partick Thistle not having loads of concerts? When was the last time Ibrox or Parkhead had one? Falkirk stadium is owned by the council, who are heavily subsidising bands to come there once it twice a year. When was the last time there was one in Perth?

If you think there are loads of bands knocking down St Mirren's door to give us stacks of cash to host concerts at our stadium and we are knocking them back then you are entitled to think that. There isn't though.

3 minutes ago, norman said:

So why are Hamilton, Motherwell and Partick Thistle not having loads of concerts? When was the last time Ibrox or Parkhead had one? Falkirk stadium is owned by the council, who are heavily subsidising bands to come there once it twice a year. When was the last time there was one in Perth?

If you think there are loads of bands knocking down St Mirren's door to give us stacks of cash to host concerts at our stadium and we are knocking them back then you are entitled to think that. There isn't though.F

Falkirk Council do own the stadium. You are correct. The cafe there is busy every day and doubles as the hospitality space on match days. I go there often as it is not far from the motorway and has substantial free parking. As are and do Saints. 

If you think there are loads of bands knocking down St Mirren's door to give us stacks of cash to host concerts at our stadium and we are knocking them back then you are entitled to think that. There isn't though.
So you agree the club should be more like Falkirk and get involved with local partners, stakeholders and the community to boost the available revenue streams. Good.
Fyi... bands dont book venues, promoters do, they take the financial risks. I guess Falkirk is well worth the risk.