St. Mirren v Celtic, 26th December 2019

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

So you agree the club should be more like Falkirk and get involved with local partners, stakeholders and the community to boost the available revenue streams. Good.
Fyi... bands dont book venues, promoters do, they take the financial risks. I guess Falkirk is well worth the risk.

I know it's the promoters, I said that in my very first post. Falkirk is worth the risk because they are paying very little to use the venue.

As for working with local stakeholders and the community, yes all for that. You are correct, the only way a concert at St Mirren park is going to happen is if the council want it to and are willing to subsidise the bill and make it attractive to promoters whilst making sure St Mirren make money out of it.

I know it's the promoters, I said that in my very first post. Falkirk is worth the risk because they are paying very little to use the venue.
As for working with local stakeholders and the community, yes all for that. You are correct, the only way a concert at St Mirren park is going to happen is if the council want it to and are willing to subsidise the bill and make it attractive to promoters whilst making sure St Mirren make money out of it.
No... the only way it will work is if we get a board that arent bone idle lazy and refuse to do anything but kick kids and families out of their seats for the racists pound. The club own the stadium they dont need the council to hire it!

6 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
16 minutes ago, norman said:

No... the only way it will work is if we get a board that arent bone idle lazy and refuse to do anything but kick kids and families out of their seats for the racists pound. The club own the stadium they dont need the council to hire it!

Well they need somebody to hire it, which brings us back to the first point I made, promoters aren't interested in hiring a small football stadium on the outskirts of Paisley for concerts when the biggest city in Scotland is just down the road with multiple custom built facilities that are not only better suited, but cheaper as well.

19 minutes ago, norman said:

It's a lot more than that,the hospitality and 1877 area are not used 300 days and nights a year!

Well they need somebody to hire it, which brings us back to the first point I made, promoters aren't interested in hiring a small football stadium on the outskirts of Paisley for concerts when the biggest city in Scotland is just down the road with multiple custom built facilities that are not only better suited, but cheaper as well.
Sorry how do you know this, have you marketed the stadium to promoters in the last year?
And why would an a promoter of an act capable of getting in around 8000 spend all that extra money on a 15000 capacity venue?
Your arguments are laughable.
It's been done in less populated, worst connected, inferior venues. It simply hasn't been tried at the SDA yet.
But maybe that's the bit you are against? 'TRYING'

Just now, Lord Pityme said:

Sorry how do you know this, have you marketed the stadium to promoters in the last year?
And why would an a promoter of an act capable of getting in around 8000 spend all that extra money on a 15000 capacity venue?
Your arguments are laughable.
It's been done in less populated, worst connected, inferior venues. It simply hasn't been tried at the SDA yet.
But maybe that's the bit you are against? 'TRYING'

My arguments aren't laughable I'm afraid, that's why you are getting all upset. To have a concert at St Mirren you need to pay to hire the ground. You need to pay enough that St Mirren can repair any damage to the pitch. You need to provide and build a stage, lighting, rigging, big screen. You need to bring facilities such as changing rooms, staff catering, probably another 100 things I've not listed that Hydro already have, not to mention then dealing with the police, getting a license from the council and all that. There are no stadiums in or around Glasgow right now having these events for a reason.

I'm all for using the stadium to make money out with match day, but let's not be f**king stupid about it.

My arguments aren't laughable I'm afraid, that's why you are getting all upset. To have a concert at St Mirren you need to pay to hire the ground. You need to pay enough that St Mirren can repair any damage to the pitch. You need to provide and build a stage, lighting, rigging, big screen. You need to bring facilities such as changing rooms, staff catering, probably another 100 things I've not listed that Hydro already have, not to mention then dealing with the police, getting a license from the council and all that. There are no stadiums in or around Glasgow right now having these events for a reason.
I'm all for using the stadium to make money out with match day, but let's not be f**king stupid about it.
Oooooooh get you dear!
The reality is you simply fo not know if the stadium could be a successful music etc venue in the summer whilst it lies empty....
But many other words sighted ones are successful. And arrange any additional facilty required.
If the club get only £10k profit out of each gig, feck me even half of that is a no-brainer!
Unless you are completely negative, like our board to trying anything other than racism to boost your income.
Your answer seems to be to say 'naw'... well you'll reap the reward of that outlook alright.

9 minutes ago, norman said:

Do you know how much it costs to hire the Hydro for a one night gig including all of the facilities you have listed?

3 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Oooooooh get you dear!
The reality is you simply fo not know if the stadium could be a successful music etc venue in the summer whilst it lies empty....
But many other words sighted ones are successful. And arrange any additional facilty required.
If the club get only £10k profit out of each gig, feck me even half of that is a no-brainer!
Unless you are completely negative, like our board to trying anything other than racism to boost your income.
Your answer seems to be to say 'naw'... well you'll reap the reward of that outlook alright.

My answer was considered and fair. You are the one who is getting angrier and angrier. Like I say, if you think there is demand for, and money to be made from, concerts in small football stadiums around Glasgow and every single club is wrong and you are correct, then you are totally entitled to that opinion. I gave you reasons why you are wrong, you don't have to accept them.

My answer was considered and fair. You are the one who is getting angrier and angrier. Like I say, if you think there is demand for, and money to be made from, concerts in small football stadiums around Glasgow and every single club is wrong and you are correct, then you are totally entitled to that opinion. I gave you reasons why you are wrong, you don't have to accept them.

Nope you just spouted a big fat "gonnae no dae that" it's been done successfully at worse venues. That is irrefutable. You don't want it, fine. The club however wont survive and thrive unless additional revenue streams are created. This board haven't created a single one! 

12 minutes ago, norman said:

Nope you just spouted a big fat "gonnae no dae that" it's been done successfully at worse venues. That is irrefutable. You don't want it, fine. The club however wont survive and thrive unless additional revenue streams are created. This board have created a single one!

That's not true, I'd be right up for concerts being held in Paisley, I just understand the difficulties in getting it on at St Mirren park, especially with the local competition. You think there is no issue and the reason there are no concerts in similar stadiums in or around Glasgow is because all the clubs are badly run. Fair enough.

Btw, just looking to see if I can find out what all these huge moneymaking concerts at McDairmid park were and see they've lost the Jehovas witness convention to..... the Hydro.

The window would be tiny. Season finishes mid May and starts mid July. Add in 3 weeks to relay the pitch before use and you have a max 5 week window. Chances of a band looking for a venue in our part of the world in that tiny window are remote. Doesn't mean it couldn't be explored but it would be no cash cow on that scale that's for sure.

The window would be tiny. Season finishes mid May and starts mid July. Add in 3 weeks to relay the pitch before use and you have a max 5 week window. Chances of a band looking for a venue in our part of the world in that tiny window are remote. Doesn't mean it couldn't be explored but it would be no cash cow on that scale that's for sure.
That's exactly when promoters want a ready made venue, with good communication links.
Feck me cant we see we have a hugely under used asset doing feck all for 340 days a YEAR!!!

Belfast have a festival on in a square off the city centre for a month every summer.
It holds about 5000 and everything has to be provided from scratch. And its feckin rammed!

We've got a modern venue that can accommodate at least 8000, has dressing rooms, bars, snack bars, toilets, car parking, a big feckin dome for artists, a motorway, train station, airport and tons of hotels all within a mile or so walk...
And we the council, community and police are used to staging events there. Hello!
We already cater for mass racism, a pop concert would be a walk in the park.

On 1/3/2020 at 1:48 PM, Lord Pityme said:
On 1/3/2020 at 1:40 PM, waldorf34 said:
It's a lot more than that,the hospitality and 1877 area are not used 300 days and nights a year!

They've become white elephants, of a bone idle regime. Mind you Kibble use them, wonder what they pay... if anything lol

More use could be made of them, that's for sure. 

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:
Does anybody here Not use the 1877 Club? If not, why not.. Just out of interest. 

In case the board sell two sides of it to old bigot fans.

That's quite good LPM. 

But.. Its pretty busy in there. 

Got to be there early to get a seat 

4 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

So after being like a fortnight out in a month long activity, Overstating a capacity of a venue by over 15%. That's the best you can reply. Just denial and no admittance of being in the wrong.

If that's typical of the figures you presented to SMISA for anything no wonder you were ignored and laughed at. emoji23.png

Surely it's enough to agree to disagree. 

18 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Does anybody here Not use the 1877 Club? If not, why not.. Just out of interest. 

Me 

Availability Vs Cost of membership must make it about the dearest club to be a member of in Paisley if not all of the country.

Joining fee plus subscription fees, I'd want it open at least every weekend all year.