Eric Arthur Blair

St. Mirren v Celtic, 26th December 2019

If it's just money then surely  having the stadium empty for 90%of the year is something  we could work on?

Falkirk has music concerts etc.

But if Smisa were to sell their current shares to give the cash to the club ,provided they stopped the current situation to continue,would we be happy? They do not need these shares to take control as the shares they ate buying from GLS is over 50%

51 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

If it's just money then surely  having the stadium empty for 90%of the year is something  we could work on?

Falkirk has music concerts etc.

But if Smisa were to sell their current shares to give the cash to the club ,provided they stopped the current situation to continue,would we be happy? They do not need these shares to take control as the shares they ate buying from GLS is over 50%

Falkirk have AstroTurf. We can’t hold concerts in the summer as the pitch is dug up and replaced in the close season.

3 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

Whooooosh emoji6.png

I honestly didn't think they're was anyone MAD enough to fall for that one.

Most other times there are not deliberately MADE. emoji14.png

"they're"?

Your third sentence makes as much sense as most of your other posts. Early drinking?

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:
2 hours ago, Yflab said:
Falkirk have AstroTurf. We can’t hold concerts in the summer as the pitch is dug up and replaced in the close season.

We could hold concerts, plenty grass pitch stadia hold them. You re-turf/re-used after the concerts. So you're d be looking at late May/mid June.

You know more than Tommy Docherty our excellent groundsman. Is there no limits to your talents?

9232A5E2-0011-4AC0-9024-893D20DE8709.thumb.jpeg.662fc5aaa25ebb4d5cdc702eab015b98.jpeg

On 12/29/2019 at 12:51 PM, Lord Pityme said:

Missing the point. What are kids & families to make of a deal to get them in one week, then telling them they aren't welcome the next week?
It is sheer lazy lunacy. And is actively turning current and future fans away

There is truth in what both of you write. We have improved. We have become more involved with the community. But.. Yes.. We can improve further. Suggestions? 

On 12/29/2019 at 4:45 AM, oaksoft said:
On 12/28/2019 at 10:39 PM, faraway saint said:

^^^^^ Stuck in the past.

Dream on, reality is we are where we are...............................apart from the odd cup final or play off games.

League games we're stuck around 4000 mark.

PS, keep your cock comments to yourself, not my fault you have a fanny. :lol:

BuddieInEK is right about this.

There is next to no marketing strategy and that is certainly one massive reason why we have gaps in the stadium.

Anyone who runs any sort of company knows you can't survive with almost no marketing at all so why don't you understand this very basic principle?

Oh wait I think I might know the answer.......

Of course YOU know the answer tp fecking everything ........sanctimonious tw*t  😎

22 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Probably no more than 15000 bodies could be crammed in to St Mirren park for a concert 

that’s only slightly more than the Hydro

I just don’t see it as being preferable to a  purpose built venue for any promoter

I think you are being incredibly generous with 15000.

2 hours ago, Yflab said:

I think you are being incredibly generous with 15000.

Yeah there's absolutely no way we could get 15,000 into the ground.

We would lose all of one stand behind a goal plus a fair bit of each stand running alongside. Maybe 2000 seats. We could possibly get 1000 to 1500 safely on the pitch but realistically no more than 7000 to 8000 attendance in total.

The acoustics in the Hydro are very poor but outdoor venues can be notoriously difficult with weather potentially creating large performance swings throughout the ground. Nevertheless it's definitely worth looking into. I am sure we would find some interest from promoters.

With the pitch full of people, the sight lines from the front of the stands would be even worse than they are for football. The first 3 or 4 rows would be essentially redundant, in stands that only have 12-14 rows as it is. The height, gradient and raised front row of the stands at Falkirk are far better suited.

DjJQ4PrXsAUwmWh.jpg

18 minutes ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

With the pitch full of people, the sight lines from the front of the stands would be even worse than they are for football. The first 3 or 4 rows would be essentially redundant, in stands that only have 12-14 rows as it is. The height, gradient and raised front row of the stands at Falkirk are far better suited.

DjJQ4PrXsAUwmWh.jpg

I can see advantages to St Mirren Park already for people subjected to Rod Stewart whose last decent song was about 1973 😊

On 12/28/2019 at 10:27 PM, BuddieinEK said:

How many home fans were at the 4-1 cup win v Dundee United?
They all dead?    Their descendants all dead?

We just forgotten how to appeal to new fans?     Is it wrong to aim the piss higher up the wall?
f**k that Ferguson bloke for daring to dream... and turn the dream into action!
Anyway... back to your small cock issue! Don't take it personally!

It's not what you have.          It's how you use it!

Two biggest ways to increase our fan base are :-

1. Success  - improve the team and play attractive attacking football and be very difficult to beat.

2. Get them in at the right age - We need to have allegiances with youth football teams all over the place - give clubs £2 entry tickets for their teams under 16 regularly and give them some incentives for coming back - let them guess the 1st scorer and give a prize or that type of thing.  (and give the adults/coaches free tickets for bringing them)

If we manage both of these together, we will catch a number for life and maybe a player or two every few years . . .   :turtle

12 hours ago, David Mc said:

I can see advantages to St Mirren Park already for people subjected to Rod Stewart whose last decent song was about 1973 😊

Latest  LP went to No 1 in charts!