Long John Baldy

St Mirren v Livingston, Sat 14th Dec

It would have been good to play Livi especially if they had lost - they would have been 1 point above us at kick off.

Nevertheless a win would take us to 1 point behind them and that would be a wee bit extra incentive going into the Fakes game.

Livi have shown that they are no mugs. No big stars, but hard working pro's who know how to play the team game well and they shut teams down.

We need to keep tight on Dykes and Lawless. Guthrie and Pitman too can cause any team trouble.

Same team talk - get right into them, give them no time on the ball and get in front and don't look back... the fans deserve this Christmas bonus !  :holiday

St. Mirren 3 v 1 Livi   Obika, Morais and Cooke - now that would be nice !  

16 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I wonder how many of the fans who announced they wouldn’t attend any more games after the Motherwell shitfest will now be at this game because we beat Accies 🙄

Hopefully every single one. It's the way we roll. 🐼🐼🐼

A perfect run of fixtures leading into the winter break, if you take your chances and build on the last performance. 

Saturdays 3 points were huge and another 3 this Saturday would set us up perfectly for Perth with less pressure going into that game. 

I certainly think the remaining games in December are winnable Celtic aside, even though i think we could still take a point from that if we frustrate them like we did with Rangers before falling to a set-piece.

I predict Saints 3 Livingston 1

3 hours ago, magnus said:

Hopefully every single one. It's the way we roll. 🐼🐼🐼

Got to agree I'd certainly encourage fans to turn up for this one. Good to see the club continue its great offer for 2 adults and 20 plus kids in the family stand. Will be there. 

Not entirely shocked about big Gary. He puts it all on the line for us but he's never out for just one match when he's crocked, he does it right properly!

I think he was playing his 4th match in a couple of weeks when he got crocked. His body clearly can't cope with that. It's all big Kirky's fault anyway. If he hadn't got a foot injury we could have kept big Gary and his chocolate and balsa wood frame for emergencies.......

Our "off field" team is back to full strength for this one. Hope the knocks to two or three players clear up in time. The spirit, effort and organisation in the Hamilton game will be needed to get a result against a Livvy side a few points above us in the league. COYS

Going to be a ugly game. We can't afford to give away needless freekicks and corners cos our lack of height could cost us. But if we go forward the way we did at Hamilton we could win this game. Hopefully we will have Foley back. That's according to him at the calendar signing. 2.1 Saints. Coys.

Ticket arrived in the mail this morning so I’ll definitely be there. Like others I hope Foley is back and that McGinn recovers.
I also like the thought of starting both Obika and Cooke to give the side more height.
Really must cut out needless free kicks - bread and butter to Livi.

Hoping we can carry on from last week.

2-0 home win Obika and Cooke

1 hour ago, turrabuddie said:

Ticket arrived in the mail this morning so I’ll definitely be there. Like others I hope Foley is back and that McGinn recovers.
I also like the thought of starting both Obika and Cooke to give the side more height.
Really must cut out needless free kicks - bread and butter to Livi.

Hoping we can carry on from last week.

2-0 home win Obika and Cooke

I'm not sure Morias should be dropped after his performance last week, that'd be pretty harsh I think.