Long John Baldy

St Mirren v Livingston, Sat 14th Dec

45 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Tricky.

The points he can earn us could be worth a lot more than £300,000.

On form, he's the best keeper we've had.

I'd keep him unless we have unearthed a worthy replacement.

Lyness is a good keeper. 

38 minutes ago, Ice-tears said:

Defo mate, scored a decent overhead kick but yet to see him strike a ball cleanly at goal. Kind of player who will now go 10 games without a goal. His general play and positional play is honking.

That's wrong.  His positional play and general play are both pretty good, and now he's adding goals. We have a forward player that knows where to go and when to gamble on his movement in the box. 

5 hours ago, barrhead saint said:

He certainly didn't look his usual composed self yesterday, although conditions were horrendous. Question is though, do you take the alleged 300k in Jan, or nothing in the summer? 

300k now. 

I know its a difficult one but for me 300k would bring in the quality we need for rest of this and next season. 

Lyness is decent also. 

Tricky.

The points he can earn us could be worth a lot more than £300,000.

On form, he's the best keeper we've had.

I'd keep him unless we have unearthed a worthy replacement.
When you consider we got him for nowt, then to get anything over £100k is a big result enabling us to bring in centre back cover, and another good keeper.
The big mistake was coupling an ageing injury prone Broadfoot with an ageing injury prone McKenzie... one or the other, but to pin your Hope's on both is extremely naive by Goody and the club.

4 hours ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

Great point in the end yesterday but to lose 3 goals at home  shows that we are badly lacking defensively. Jim will need to address this in January.

Agreed but think that Jim will be well aware of that. As others have said, injuries to two experienced central defenders hasnt helped. 

18 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:
23 minutes ago, Tommy said:
When can we get Baird back, is it the beginning of Jan, middle of Jan or at the end of Jan  ?    

Dont need him at the start of January. I can see however the club not bringing him back and f**king themselves up the Gary Glitter.

I ask when can we get him back, not if we need him    :moony2

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

The big mistake was coupling an ageing injury prone Broadfoot with an ageing injury prone McKenzie... one or the other, but to pin your Hope's on both is extremely naive by Goody and the club.

The big mistake was loaning out Bairdy knowing we’d probably need the fourth centre back at some point. The other big mistake was thinking we had enough full back cover when we only had one right back and one left back, the latter who couldn’t even face Kilmarnock.

I was at Elland Road yesterday and witnessed Leeds being 3-0 up only to draw 3-3 , felt like a defeat.

Being 3-1 at home and drawing 3-3 is disappointing but shows character to get back to 3-3

It’s such a shame we seem to start every season so slow, but finally we are showing a bit of fight

Merry Christmas

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

I ask when can we get him back, not if we need him    :moony2

He’s not the type of centre back Goodwin wants to use. Not good enough on the ball. Don’t be surprised if we bring in another two (one if Sean McL Liam is extended) and Jack goes for good. 

At times yesterday we were a defensive shambles. No surprise. But the errors creeping into Hladky's game is a little worrying. Still. Coming back from 1-3 against any team shows real character. I thought Morias and Obika looked like they were starting to gel. Cooke looked lively when he was introduced, A big mention for MacPherson though. This lad is the real deal.

Oh. And thank you to our Captain, Kyle Magennis, for handing my grandson his tee shirt after the warm up. When they announced the draw he actually said he'd already won by getting the signed shirt. It  adds to Clangers' jersey and the signed shirt from Goodie a few years back.

18 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

But the errors creeping into Hladky's game is a little worrying. Still. 

He fumbled one past the post in the first half in horrendous conditions.

He wasn't at fault for any of their goals either.

Hard to compare either Money or Thompson to Hladky given how much the roll of the keeper has changed in the last 20 odd years. Keepers now have to be decent with their feet and their distribution needs to be spot on. Back then the ball was mostly punted up the park and keepers could also pick the ball up from a pass back. They definitely had an easier time of it.

5 minutes ago, munoz said:

Hard to compare either Money or Thompson to Hladky given how much the roll of the keeper has changed in the last 20 odd years. Keepers now have to be decent with their feet and their distribution needs to be spot on. Back then the ball was mostly punted up the park and keepers could also pick the ball up from a pass back. They definitely had an easier time of it.

Totally agree. Money and Thomson were great shot stoppers but Hladky is far better at distribution and commanding his box. On Saturday he kicked the ball straight to McAllister's feet on the other half of the park is a swirling wind and torrential rain.

1 hour ago, munoz said:

That wouldn't have affected Money

He played outfield most of his youth and only went into goals later on by chance

3 hours ago, munoz said:

Agreed, Hladky is better with his feet than a lot of outfield players in Scotland

19 minutes ago, Krankies therapist said:

Keepers only have one job to do. Save the baw and don’t try to be a flash bassa.   the amount they get paid to work for about 10 minutes a game is ridiculous. 

Aye..........just like that Usain Bolt.

10 seconds of running 🏃‍♂️ And earns a fortune.

I’m wi’ the Krankies here.

If Usain was to run it in 9 seconds he should get a 10% cut in his wages.

That makes sense 🤔

6 minutes ago, E=Mc2 said:

10 seconds of running 🏃‍♂️ And earns a fortune.

That makes sense 🤔

I’m glad you agree. Perfect sense . Someone needs to do a time and motion study . I only get paid when I’m working , sitting waiting for a fare  doesn’t bring me in money and doesn’t give tips .

no Workey - no money 

Totally agree. Money and Thomson were great shot stoppers but Hladky is far better at distribution and commanding his box. On Saturday he kicked the ball straight to McAllister's feet on the other half of the park is a swirling wind and torrential rain.

I was ‘stunned’ when Thompson went for £75k , I remember thinking at the time it was a misprint and was missing a zero

Money & Billy were great keepers, but like you say Hladky is excellent

10 seconds of running And earns a fortune.
That makes sense
I disagree, I believe he should only get paid for 40% of his time, the other 60% of the time he is trying to get to the fastest he can run. A little more effort from him and he could up his wage to say 50%