Long John Baldy

St Mirren v Livingston, Sat 14th Dec

What emergency loan market ?

With McKenzie out till new year and question Mark's over big Kirk returning and bearing in mind we have livvy,fakes,Celtic in next couple of weeks is there any chance we will dip in to emergency loan market for a centre half?

10 hours ago, paul torfason said:

With McKenzie out till new year and question Mark's over big Kirk returning and bearing in mind we have livvy,fakes,Celtic in next couple of weeks is there any chance we will dip in to emergency loan market for a centre half?

Fair point. The question would be who that might be? 

9 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Fair point. The question would be who that might be? 

Jack hendry at Celtic would be a good addition and hopefully big Kirk available for Celtic game as Jack cannot play against parents club:and also mcloughlin might be away January also,so a say get Jack hendry:thoughts?

51 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Be Interesting to see if Jack's Back in January, or we recruit yet another CB?

Yet another - we would only have 4 even if Baird came back and one of them is only here until January himself - we definitely need to sign at least one more.

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Yet another - we would only have 4 even if Baird came back and one of them is only here until January himself - we definitely need to sign at least one more.

Totally agree - the current situation is really poor. Paul and Sean our only 2 fit players that can do a decent job at CB. I don't think any other Premiership club will not have at least 4 CB's in their squad and we went with 3 including the most injured one of them all Gary MacK.

Kirk being injured was unexpected but not unusual. If Sean or Paul get injured or suspended we are in the brown stuff at the heart of our defence.  

I get budget constraints, but this gamble to cash in on loaning out Baird has not been a good one.

So Baird back, Sean resigned and another CB please if both Kirk is still going to be out beyond January. We cannot predict how many games Gary will be fit for !

I'd pick up and sign Muzek, he can do LB and CB (not obviously at the same time though)

22 hours ago, turrabuddie said:

Ticket arrived in the mail this morning so I’ll definitely be there. Like others I hope Foley is back and that McGinn recovers.
I also like the thought of starting both Obika and Cooke to give the side more height.
Really must cut out needless free kicks - bread and butter to Livi.

Hoping we can carry on from last week.

2-0 home win Obika and Cooke

We need to manage Cooke given his fitness track record. Given he played 24 minutes plus injury time for the 1st time in a long while, I suspect he will be a sub for 30 - 45 minutes this time if we need to make that kind of change.

Morais has earned his chance to keep his place too. I think McAllister might drop out for Foley, if Foley is fit enough.

Then the only other question is whether Paul is fit enough to be at CB. If not it is a reserve player, Foley, MacPherson or Steven McGinn who will play at CB ??? Even if he does play, what if he has to go off ???  Does not bear thinking about.

Absolutely need to give Livi no space or time on the ball AND we need to win 1st and 2nd balls far more than they do... they our prolific goal getters to do their stuff . . . 

Livi are marginally better than Hamilton - C O Y S

3 hours ago, paul torfason said:

Jack hendry at Celtic would be a good addition and hopefully big Kirk available for Celtic game as Jack cannot play against parents club:and also mcloughlin might be away January also,so a say get Jack hendry:thoughts?

Seems a decent shout to me. 

Yet another as in Mcloughlin is either re-signed or we need a replacement, Broadfoot and McKenzie are still crocked.
Should have said 'yet another three or four".