Long John Baldy

St Mirren v Livingston, Sat 14th Dec

9 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

Some weeks you really think the quality of play in Scotland is played down a little. Today was not one of those days. Fantastic entertainment though.

The boy Souda and Obika must be laughing all the way home - goal bonus x2 for each of them and they both barely had a touch for 90 mins :lol

Andreu and Cooke definitely had a positive impact on the game. Glover had a decent game - pity Baird is at Morton, he would've thrived on an absolute hoofball fest like that. MacPherson had another good game and so did Morias - coming onto a good game these days.

To say Obika hardly got a touch today is quite frankly ridiculous. 

6 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

To say Obika hardly got a touch today is quite frankly ridiculous. 

Can you really say any player on the park ran the show? Had the ball on the deck, bringing players into the game, running with it, starting a string of passes? 

No, it was a shitfest of a game where the ball was in the air most of the time.

I await you informing me how that's ridiculous

Can you really say any player on the park ran the show? Had the ball on the deck, bringing players into the game, running with it, starting a string of passes? 

Aye had a c*nt of a game, imaging doing his job & scoring 2 goals !!!

8 minutes ago, paisleysaint1973 said:

What difference does it make how they go in if one is bundled in means he is in where it matters and the 2nd well if you dont shoot you may not score and as it is he got2 and we got a point 

Not sure on other poster's view...

It doesn't make a difference how he scores. He's a striker he's there to score goals... although apparently not according to some when he wasn't scoring :wink:

Today was hardly a masterclass though. He done really well for the Morias goal - extreme fortune for both his in my eyes. There's never been any doubt from this end that he'd grab his share of goals with scrappy balls into the box etc

It's the other aspects of the game like winning headers, holding the ball up, when to pass that he frustrates IMO

Having said that if he wants to score 2 goals every game and lie asleep in the goalmouth for the other 85 mins he's more than welcome!

After being really poor at Hamilton last week I was surprised that McAlister started this match. I would have had Morias out wide when he was excellent last week when McAlister went off. And would have had Cooke starting up front with Obika which would also have given us another big guy for defending and attacking set plays. But I am not the manager and Jim got there eventually :)

Good result in the circumstances. Not been a great fan of Waters but thought he done really well today and the rest showed some great character to come back from losing diddy goals. Onwards and upwards.

Just now, ged62 said:

Aye had a c*nt of a game, imaging doing his job & scoring 2 goals !!!

Nobody said had a c*nt of a game:wink:

The point was tongue in cheek with regards to 2 players grabbing 2 goals each in such a scrappy game where nobody really looked outstanding quality.

As below, good to see that it's now recognised as being a strikers job to score again now they're back to doing it! 

It doesn't make a difference how he scores. He's a striker he's there to score goals... although apparently not according to some when he wasn't scoring :wink:
Today was hardly a masterclass though. He done really well for the Morias goal - extreme fortune for both his in my eyes. There's never been any doubt from this end that he'd grab his share of goals with scrappy balls into the box etc
It's the other aspects of the game like winning headers, holding the ball up, when to pass that he frustrates IMO
Having said that if he wants to score 2 goals every game and lie asleep in the goalmouth for the other 85 mins he's more than welcome!

Stop your greetin then

4 minutes ago, ged62 said:

Don’t know how many times Livi defenders were holding his his jersey & getting away with it. Right in front of the ref too.

Definitely, that wasn't the argument though. He gets pulled about the park every week, as does every other centre forward in the league

7 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

Im with you i will take that every werk if that's the case 😁

My thoughts before the game today that I would take a point and I am happy with one after watching that.

All 6 goals can be put down to terrible defending or weather affected defending.

I said at half time that I fancied 3-2 Saints or 3-3 and before the game said days like this there are always mistakes in the box and the key today was to get plenty balls in box to benefit from the mistakes which we did for all 3 goals.

Seems to be alot of praise for Durmus on here and I don't understand why???

At least 6 times in 2nd half he faced up their left back and instead of even attempting to take him on just turned back to Waters and relieving the pressure for them a bit like Magennis does every week.

28 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

Well you’ll be waiting a long time for me to tell you most of that was ridiculous, because I never said it was.

What I said was ridiculous was the notion that Obika hardly touched the ball and it remains so.