Long John Baldy

St Mirren v Livingston, Sat 14th Dec

37 minutes ago, paisleysaint1973 said:

What difference does it make how they go in if one is bundled in means he is in where it matters and the 2nd well if you dont shoot you may not score and as it is he got2 and we got a point 

It doesn't make a difference if u score but folk are making out Obika has become some scoring sensation. My point is he was lucky to score 2 goals and wasn't great play by him like others are making out. Take goals anyway they come but he's a hit or a miss, miss most games.

13 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Well you’ll be waiting a long time for me to tell you most of that was ridiculous, because I never said it was.

What I said was ridiculous was the notion that Obika hardly touched the  

ball and it remains so. 

Ok...?:huh:

So just for clarification, you think anybody on the park had loads of the ball in particular; made loads of passes, dribbles, anything to really dictate the game?

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Can we please put this myth to bed that Obika and Morias aren't good? 

Both are a marked improvement over what we had up top last season. 

Brilliant, never heard a peep from you on Obika before today. :lol:

What's tonight's lottery numbers..........................oh wait, you'll tell me after there drawn. :wink:

22 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

Ok...?:huh:

So just for clarification, you think anybody on the park had loads of the ball in particular; made loads of passes, dribbles, anything to really dictate the game?

No. For the final time, I said it was ridiculous that Obiks hardly touched the ball. Why is that so difficult for you to understand?

Thought young Scott Glover handled himself very well today, never easy being thrown in to the starting XI against a bullying, physical side like Livingston.

Cammy Mac was easily MOTM for me, gave 100% all match, fought for every ball and wasn't scared to throw himself into a challenge.

Some very talented youngsters coming through our academy.

Would've taken a point before the game given the lack of defenders.
Great to come back from 2 down.
Shame St. Johnstone and Ross both picked up wins.
I see the striker that the experts on here think is shite scored another 2 today.

Since we had a makeshift defence today with only 1 C/H and no R/B, i thought we did as well as we could expect in defence.

Someone at the club either it is the Manager, CEO or the Chairman is to blame for putting Baird out on loan since we all know that MacKenzie always get injured and never play during the months of Dec and Jan. 

Well done to both the strikers today and all the players for never giving up.

To the guy in front of me in W1, who couldn't get out of his seat quick enough when their 3rd goal went in   :moony2 Shame  :lol:

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Brilliant, never heard a peep from you on Obika before today. :lol:

What's tonight's lottery numbers..........................oh wait, you'll tell me after there drawn. :wink:

You'd hear plenty peeps on my opinion of him at St Mirren matches. :lol:

I've defended Obika, in the light of comments made by a couple of posters telling us that he isn't a football player.

It was patently obvious that he was building up his fitness and adapting to the Scottish game.

He's been a great signing for us, and will only get better.

Having said that, I'd like to see him hold up the ball a wee bit better.

Morias has come on leaps and bounds, now that he's had run in the team. Defenders must hate playing against him. The level of commitment that he shows is incredible.

I had a good laugh at him going mental at Durmus in the first half for not sticking to his role, when Livingston had a free kick. The air was blue!🤬

Since we had a makeshift defence today with only 1 C/H and no R/B, i thought we did as well as we could expect in defence.
Someone at the club either it is the Manager, CEO or the Chairman is to blame for putting Baird out on loan since we all know that MacKenzie always get injured and never play during the months of Dec and Jan. 
Well done to both the strikers today and all the players for never giving up.
To the guy in front of me in W1, who couldn't get out of his seat quick enough when their 3rd goal went in   :moony2 Shame  :lol:

RE Baird, i do agree it was a mistake. Tough one to call though.

He was essentially 4th choice centre back, behind McLoughlin, Broadfoot and McKenzie. The only way he would have featured is if 2 of them had became unavailable, which of course has happened. You can understand why he and Jim decided to loan him out to get game time.

Also P McGinn is a capable centre back, and him also not being available created the perfect storm of defensive unavailability today.

Safe to say Jack will be home in a few weeks and I expect he will get a lot of minutes for us between January and May

6 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I've defended Obika, in the light of comments made by a couple of posters telling us that he isn't a football player.

It was patently obvious that he was building up his fitness and adapting to the Scottish game.

He's been a great signing for us, and will only get better.

Having said that, I'd like to see him hold up the ball a wee bit better.

Morias has come on leaps and bounds, now that he's had run in the team. Defenders must hate playing against him. The level of commitment that he shows is incredible.

I had a good laugh at him going mental at Durmus in the first half for not sticking to his role, when Livingston had a free kick. The air was blue!🤬

:lol:

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

No. For the final time, I said it was ridiculous that Obiks hardly touched the ball. Why is that so difficult for you to understand?

You aren't great at this are you? 

On nickname terms with the big man and everything.

ObiksB)