St Mirren v Broxburn Athletic 18/1/20

munoz

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I think it’s also worth noting they narrowly missed out on promotion last season (as did Penicuik). IIRC they faced Bonnyrigg in the promotion playoffs after winning their respective leagues. Bonnyrigg won, and are now flying high in the Lowland League - indeed higher than East Kilbride.

I think Broxburn are better than a fair number of the Lowland League teams. Yes we should still win it, but then we said the same about Albion Rovers and East Kilbride...

Sound advice. Treat every opponent with respect on and off the pitch. 

Ferguslie Bowling club have sent out an invite to any Broxburn supporters wishing a refreshment prior to the game next week. They have ample parking for coaches and a large lounge. The address is main road Paisley PA1 2QP Please contact them if you wish to attend have a number if you wish to phone

13 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I think it’s also worth noting they narrowly missed out on promotion last season (as did Penicuik). IIRC they faced Bonnyrigg in the promotion playoffs after winning their respective leagues. Bonnyrigg won, and are now flying high in the Lowland League - indeed higher than East Kilbride.

I think Broxburn are better than a fair number of the Lowland League teams. Yes we should still win it, but then we said the same about Albion Rovers and East Kilbride...

I think that's an understatement.

Has a premiership team EVER been knocked out by a team from this level?

Jeezo, I hope Goodwin is installing some confidence in the players, leaving them in no doubt this is a home match that we WILL win comfortably.

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Jeezo, I hope Goodwin is installing some confidence in the players, leaving them in no doubt this is a home match that we WILL win comfortably.

What is it you dont get about professionalism? Goodwin will, I hope, deal firstly with anyone within the squad who expresses your view. An absolute no no. Then he will deal with the opposition, formation and tactics to be used. Then he will tell the guys.. This could be a banana skin but compete, stick to the game plan and I've every confidence you will come out on top. 

Edited by St.Ricky

Jack Ross refused to take a Cup Competition seriously. 

He disgraced our Club and ripped the piss out paying fans. 

The Board let us down by not sacking Ross at the end of the Raith match. 

Very low point in the history of St Mirren Football Club. 

21 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

St Mirren are 50/1 to win the Scottish Cup, Broxburn...........5000/1.

Goodwin..............."Right guys, this is a tight game, keep compact, defend for most of the game and we'll get them in the last 15 when they're knackered"

Job done. 

And whatever you do lads, dont bet on games. 

On 1/11/2020 at 7:43 AM, Julian Banjos said:

Broxburn have sold all their tickets now. A wee boost to our coffers....

And theirs  :rolleyes:

Looking forward to this game just to see what their standard is, and it could also be our last Sat home game with a 3pm k/o this season :(

50 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

Imagine that, on the run to a game there is increased press attention. Never heard of that before. emoji23.png

You lead a sheltered life.. Joking. 

Suggest you read it and share their enthusiam for their big day out. 

Cynicism rots people from the inside out Cock. 

Top division sides have lost to non-league sides in the past.

15 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:
On 1/12/2020 at 8:48 AM, faraway saint said:

Who and when?

Genuinely interested.

15 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:
On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2020 at 8:48 AM, faraway saint said:

In Scotland in the Scottish Cup ? Struggling to think of any in the last 50 years (although that doesn''t mean it hasn't happened)

I watch a fair bit of junior football, this won't be an easy game, they'll be streetwise and right up for it.
I can see it being a tight first half, maybe 0-0. We should win by a few goals, but not writing anything off
Dont care really how lucky/jammy/convincing a win for us is. The job is to bed in the new recruits for league games and be in the hat at five o clock.
Everything else is gravy.