St Mirren v Broxburn Athletic 18/1/20

munoz

Very disappointed with this Cover from the Programme people. 

There was a great opportunity to have a special Cover for a very special game and maybe great sales especially from Broxburn. 

The Bonnyrigg v Clyde Cover  on the Programme Thread on Other Football was a perfect example of what could have been done. 

Really is absolutely pigheadiness and downright laziness from our Club. 

0/10

13%20BROXBURN%20FINAL%20COVER-500x500.jpg

2 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

I do really hope the club AND our fans give the visiting fans a very warm welcome.

I wonder how many Union Flags will wave back at us. 

Hopefully none. 

4 hours ago, shull said:

Very disappointed with this Cover from the Programme people. 

There was a great opportunity to have a special Cover for a very special game and maybe great sales especially from Broxburn. 

The Bonnyrigg v Clyde Cover  on the Programme Thread on Other Football was a perfect example of what could have been done. 

Really is absolutely pigheadiness and downright laziness from our Club. 

0/10

13%20BROXBURN%20FINAL%20COVER-500x500.jpg

I agree with this. Considering it’s Broxburn’s biggest match in their history, it would have been great to see some proper memorabilia for their fans and a programme cover representing both clubs would have been fantastic.   

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I agree with this. Considering it’s Broxburn’s biggest match in their history, it would have been great to see some proper memorabilia for their fans and a programme cover representing both clubs would have been fantastic.   

Really?  I can't agree....  :unsure:

It's just another match for St Mirren against a diddy club that should be shrugged aside by reserves.  Lothian Thistle, East Kilbride, Edinburgh City are similar wee sides and it IS a big match for their players...  but not for St Mirren.

Why should St Mirren waste money on 'special' programmes for this?  For another team's fans...  and wtf IS special about a bloody programme?  Scraps of tacky paper, littered with adverts, stapled together.....

There is a likelihood that their amazing number of fans MIGHT buy memorabilia and they'll possibly buy whatever programmes they are offered... but being realistic... what adults are interested in  programmes nowadays and why would anyone under the age of 30 be interested in pages of paper that tell you nothing about the actual game as that gets played long after a programme is printed?

It probably doesn't even contain the actual names of players participating on the days.

Programmes are as useful nowadays as VHS machines.  

49 minutes ago, antrin said:

Really?  I can't agree....  :unsure:

It's just another match for St Mirren against a diddy club that should be shrugged aside by reserves.  Lothian Thistle, East Kilbride, Edinburgh City are similar wee sides and it IS a big match for their players...  but not for St Mirren.

Why should St Mirren waste money on 'special' programmes for this?  For another team's fans...  and wtf IS special about a bloody programme?  Scraps of tacky paper, littered with adverts, stapled together.....

There is a likelihood that their amazing number of fans MIGHT buy memorabilia and they'll possibly buy whatever programmes they are offered... but being realistic... what adults are interested in  programmes nowadays and why would anyone under the age of 30 be interested in pages of paper that tell you nothing about the actual game as that gets played long after a programme is printed?

It probably doesn't even contain the actual names of players participating on the days.

Programmes are as useful nowadays as VHS machines.  

Thanks for your usual input to our Forum.

Actually, we were talking about a special Cover for the normal match programme.

Doubt if it would cost any more to produce.

And i was confident that a special cover programme would be a better seller than the usual cover , with good promotion and advertising of it.

4 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

I'm stunned anyone still buys a programme in this day and age surely they are on borrowed time. The "special" front cover posted looks like a cartoon graphic to a 3rd year school project - it looks very amateurish !!!

I agree.

That cartoon has "chaps" wearing Bunnets and trilbies, FIVE of them smoking pipes!

...and the art work is childlike.

What's not to mock?!!  :lol: