St Mirren v Broxburn Athletic 18/1/20

munoz

So much talk on a guy who scored twice yesterday

He is an important player for us as he's a good focial point for us

He isn't a goal grabber but he has 7 goals already.

What about the rest of the team who struggled to hit the goal sheet?

The first half i was bored shitless our midfield playing at walking pace

Things improved once Mullen and the new boy came on

Mullen is our best striker at the club imo

Set plays no threat at all in fact they looked more threathening with theirs

Highlight was the pitch invaision as the six million dollar man music was going through my head.

As he ambled on with his one shoe on and his graceful exit

Glad we are trying to get another forward in as we saw there's room for big improvement

I watch Meadow frequently and that bit about a Sevco element is utter nonsense. I see no OF attachment to any Ayrshire junior club, it's a local community thing. I'm sure every junior club has fans who's "big team" are one of the OF but never ever see it manifest itself at games.

Did the Broxburn support have a Sevco supporting element trying to attach themselves to the club today?
I’m sure the likes of Irvine Meadow and some of the other non-league sides have had this problem in the past. It’s a shame as it ruins it for the true diehard followers of the clubs, but it does seem to be commonplace that knuckledraggers who can’t afford to watch the scum sides latch onto the local non-league side instead and usually embarrass them.

2 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

I watch Meadow frequently and that bit about a Sevco element is utter nonsense. I see no OF attachment to any Ayrshire junior club, it's a local community thing. I'm sure every junior club has fans who's "big team" are one of the OF but never ever see it manifest itself at games.

Didn’t a bunch of Sevvie scum (or possibly Rangers as it might have been pre-2012) jump in on their success when they were drawn away to Hibs?

16 hours ago, TopCat said:

That’s him on 7 goals already this season. I wonder how many more he will have to score to get the fans off his back? He’s already had the best goal scoring return of any of our strikers in a top flight season since Steven Thompson in 13/14, but that hasn’t been enough.

Danny has scored 4 goals in 10 starts this season. Jon has scored 7 in 19. So Jon will have to score against Sevco on Wed to equal Danny's percentage. At the moment Danny has a better scoring record.

29 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

Once again Danny Mullen made a great contribution.  It's time Danny was in the lineup at the very start - long overdue.

I like Danny. He is full of running and can sniff out a goal. Great to have differences of opinion on what would be our best front two!! 

Part of me thinks Danny is actually better as an impact sub, but I do think he’s a great wee player.

Anyway, yesterday’s game. Me and Jimmy H were sitting on £182 from a bet win a few weeks ago and decided it would be our first kitty when we head up to Edinburgh in a couple of weeks for the Hibs game. Yesterday we decided to whack the lot on St. Mirren -2 goals as we thought it was free money.  Imagine how our frustration turned to joy in the last few minutes. 😁

22 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Hibs Forum Thread regarding them

A quick google search threw this up. Many of course suggesting it was just Rangers fans jumping on Meadow’s good cup run, but it also appears they were large in numbers.

No sign of this yesterday. Going down with the Jambos was the only mention of any other team. I'm sure that they, like us, picked up a few floating supporters in their cup run. Usually ours join later. 

Just a quick comment on Obika's goals, yes they weren't the cleanest hit but Morias had at least 4 in the second half alone that he caught really well and the keeper got to them all, them's the breaks. Also really nice to see 3 young saints fans congratulating their keeper on his performance at the end of the match and he appreciated it.

14 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Going down with the Jambos was the only mention of any other team. 

Which would say it's more of  a Hibs town than a sevco town.

I was surprised the police allowed so many away fans to congregate in the 1st 2 sections nearest the West Stand.About 2/3s of their support must have been in that area,an accident waiting to happen.It could also explain the damaged seats,maybe they weren't broken out of malice.

Think the Polis just wanted them in and out with as little hassle as possible.Seemingly quite a few lifted after the game altho I havent heard of any trouble involving our Fans.

Well done to their Keeper who had 6 or 7 outstanding saves,a day to remember for him.🤲

18 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

He even cannot score in the games warm ups , usually one on target out of six shots every time and the one shot he gets on target is so weak it it is easily saved , check it out at next game.

Having said that he will get 12 goals this season but only have 6 shots on goal!

Was it not Gary Lineker who deliberately tried not to score in the warm up, so that he did not use up his goals, keeping them for the match?

Warm ups are simply that, and players treat them differently as they all have different ideas and aspects that they are focusing on during them. :cheers

6 hours ago, Sonny said:

Danny has scored 4 goals in 10 starts this season. Jon has scored 7 in 19. So Jon will have to score against Sevco on Wed to equal Danny's percentage. At the moment Danny has a better scoring record.

Strange how JG then thinks Danny is not 1st choice - and hence the reason he has played almost half the games this season that Obika has played then....

It's clear that Obika is our 1st choice striker and that Morais is 2nd for now. Mullen and Cooke vie for 3rd or 4th and Andreu is 5th - though he is not always played as a Striker.

That might change and it is great that Danny came on and played well. He does sometimes and he does get goals sometimes too - but there are games that he has not been great in either.

I don't think any of our strikers will hit 18 goals this season, but McGrath might just hit nearly half that in half a season - and I would be fine with that . . . :magic

8 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Was it not Gary Lineker who deliberately tried not to score in the warm up, so that he did not use up his goals, keeping them for the match?

Warm ups are simply that, and players treat them differently as they all have different ideas and aspects that they are focusing on during them. :cheers

:lol:

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

:lol:

:lol:  to you wee man - this is not tiddly winks or armchair football critic of Smokie town - yeah I bet you played in a couple of games for your primary school at one time :lol:

And could you actually post on topic rather than try to pop at actual St. Mirren supporters . . .   :moony2

We should have won better than we did, but at least we are in the last 16 - WHO do you fancy we get at home next????  🤞

Edited by Sweeper07

As long as he isn't the one making the way for the new striking arrival that apparently Gus and JG alluded to in the 1877 club last night.

Certainly looked up for it, not a lot to lose in the next 2 games, could give us that extra pace we seem to lack. 

2 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

:lol:  to you wee man - this is not tiddly winks or armchair football critic of Smokie town - yeah I bet you played in a couple of games for your primary school at one time :lol:

And could you actually post on topic rather than try to pop at actual St. Mirren supporters . . .   :moony2

We should have won better than we did, but at least we are in the last 16 - WHO do you fancy we get at home next????  🤞

Sweep, I hate to break this to you but absolutely nobody on this forum cares who you played football with or for how long. You kicked a plastic ball for a living. Come back when you are actively curing cancer. Neither do we care one jot whether you do or don't have insider knowledge at our club or anywhere else.

All we care about on here are opinions and having a bit of fun.

So drop the bullshit, relax the f**k down and stop behaving like a twat.

Edited by oaksoft

Guest TPAFKATS
He even cannot score in the games warm ups , usually one on target out of six shots every time and the one shot he gets on target is so weak it it is easily saved , check it out at next game.
Having said that he will get 12 goals this season but only have 6 shots on goal!
Who watches the warm up [emoji1]