Dylan Reid

munoz

Imagine at that age getting the opportunity to train at those two clubs. Some experience for the boy. 

Hopefully we get the chance to see him develop at our club and make sure we help him reach his full potential. 

I think if he was to leave at such a young age, the compensation fee is next to nothing.

25 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

Imagine at that age getting the opportunity to train at those two clubs. Some experience for the boy. 

Hopefully we get the chance to see him develop at our club and make sure we help him reach his full potential. 

I think if he was to leave at such a young age, the compensation fee is next to nothing.

This is my big concern. It will be a massive kick in the baws if this boy does well and we get nothing for it.

43 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

Absolutely, but yet another great advert for the academy. If you were a young kid, or parents of a young kid, you’d have to impressed at what we can offer them. Surely a better opportunity than with the OF.

The only thing i would say we have in our favour if any, is that you only need to look at the players who have came from our academy and worked their way into the first team. This is one incentive to stay at the club and earn your move at a later date when you have games under your belt. Teams like Benfica and Bayern Munich however don't come sniffing around too often.

John McGinn bided his time and got a move a few years down the line which now has him playing at the highest level.

2 hours ago, Thorizaar said:

Someone asked about him at the AGM last night. Recently signed a new contract and aim is to have him in the first team by 16 or 17. No indication he's in any rush to leave.

Perhaps not, but no 14 year old is going to say no to an opportunity with Bayern Munich or Benfica. Top class coaching, miles better than anyone in Scotland could dream of providing. If that was my kid I’d be saying to him to grasp that opportunity. Whether or not he makes it, it’ll be a massive highlight in their life.

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 12:27 PM, turrabuddie said:

Absolutely, but yet another great advert for the academy. If you were a young kid, or parents of a young kid, you’d have to impressed at what we can offer them. Surely a better opportunity than with the OF.

I, an opportunity to sign for someone before we see them.

• 1 year later...

As I've said elsewhere the sorta clubs he's being linked with like to speculate on potential - like that young guy Hearts sold last summer.

A brace of winners against both cheeks after the split followed by £5M for us and all the Haribo young Dylan can cram into his mouth - fangtastic!

Edited by Bud the Baker

34 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Great news, anyone heard anymore about Kieran Offord as well? They were both spoken about together for a while & he’s been with Scotland Under 16s as well I believe.  

Signed a professional contract back in june 2020 with us. Don't know the length of contract but imagine it would have been 2 years minimum.

9 hours ago, truesaint said:

Signed a professional contract back in june 2020 with us. Don't know the length of contract but imagine it would have been 2 years minimum.

Yeah seen that & some sources saying he’s been in Scotland U17s as well as U16s, hopefully the next one to get some game time. 

4 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Yeah seen that & some sources saying he’s been in Scotland U17s as well as U16s, hopefully the next one to get some game time. 

IF we get that coveted 6th place we could do worse than give these lads a shot in the run in. We don't expect to get any better than 5th and some of the first team lads will probably be moved on in the summer.

13 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Great news, anyone heard anymore about Kieran Offord as well? They were both spoken about together for a while & he’s been with Scotland Under 16s as well I believe.  

We seem to be very good at producing top class midfielders but I'm struggling to remember anyone in another position really breaking through with any great impact.

Not sure why this is.

Edited by oaksoft

5 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

IF we get that coveted 6th place we could do worse than give these lads a shot in the run in. We don't expect to get any better than 5th and some of the first team lads will probably be moved on in the summer.

5th place brings the potential for Europe so I'm not sure how much of a chance these kids will get.

They might have a better chance if we finish bottom 6 but get a quick result to mathematically make us safe.

Then IMO we should play every one of them on our books to see who is good enough.

35 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

We seem to be very good at producing top class midfielders but I'm struggling to remember anyone in another position really breaking through with any great impact.

Not sure why this is.

He’d possibly be the first that’s met a decent level since Iwelumo. Can’t think of anyone else in-between .