Dylan Reid

munoz

13 hours ago, bazil85 said:

I think he’s already been recalled from QP mate. Not sure why he’s not in the match-day squad though. 

He has been, he wasn't getting a game at QP so no point in him being there. Definitely one for the future, not the present. 

• 2 weeks later...
Och!
I was interested but it’s the f**kin’ Sun!
Thus, it’s bollox.
Hope it's shite. We need him next season to be playing more. What we have seen of him, i don't think he looks out of place.
What I have seen of Aberdeen's Ramsay I didn't think much of him, but here we are seeing things coming out Liverpool and Leeds Talkin £4m. This article is saying 6 figures for Reid. We need to be integrating the academy players more, trying to get them on longer deals and trying to make more money like rival teams like Aberdeen, who are currently below us.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Hope it's shite. We need him next season to be playing more. What we have seen of him, i don't think he looks out of place.
What I have seen of Aberdeen's Ramsay I didn't think much of him, but here we are seeing things coming out Liverpool and Leeds Talkin £4m. This article is saying 6 figures for Reid. We need to be integrating the academy players more, trying to get them on longer deals and trying to make more money like rival teams like Aberdeen, who are currently below us.

Was surprised when he signed 2 yr deal last year, we hadn't pushed for at least a 3 yr (unless there is a rule for that young age) as his first year in first team could have been limited which it has been. There was a similar sort of buzz around his academy development to that of John McGinn. His trials with Bayern and Benfica a couple of years ago only confirm this. And here we are, as per usual, down to last 12 months of a promising players contract. Only hope is that change in manager could encourage him to sign an extension. After all, he is only just turned 17. This is a massive season for him if he decides to stay.

Edited by kevo_smfc

1 hour ago, kevo_smfc said:

Was surprised when he signed 2 yr deal last year, we hadn't pushed for at least a 3 yr (unless there is a rule for that young age) as his first year in first team could have been limited which it has been. There was a similar sort of buzz around his academy development to that of John McGinn. His trials with Bayern and Benfica a couple of years ago only confirm this. And here we are, as per usual, down to last 12 months of a promising players contract. Only hope is that change in manager could encourage him to sign an extension. After all, he is only just turned 17. This is a massive season for him if he decides to stay.

We did push for a three, he just didn't want to sign it - understandably. We'd have signed him on a five year deal if he was up for it. He could have left for next to nothing before he turned 16, so him signing for us in the first place was a decent coup, he had plenty of suitors then. We cannot force talented young guys like this to sign long term deals, sadly!

11 minutes ago, TopCat said:

We did push for a three, he just didn't want to sign it - understandably. We'd have signed him on a five year deal if he was up for it. He could have left for next to nothing before he turned 16, so him signing for us in the first place was a decent coup, he had plenty of suitors then. We cannot force talented young guys like this to sign long term deals, sadly!

I know there was probably a bit of pressure on Goodwin to play him at such a young age last season, so it looks like we may have to sell this summer if he isn't guaranteed regular game time and all we would get is a dev fee next summer. 

Would be hoping for something close to John McGinn's sell-on or at least alternative add-ons.

When you see the likes of Ramsay after one season at Aberdeen and Doig after one season at Hibs being touted for big money moves, it makes you wonder if he had more exposure this season, could we have added value to his price tag? 

1 hour ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

I was hoping that change of manager, may convince him he has more playing time, IF Robinsons sees him in the mould of a regular starter.

2 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

I know there was probably a bit of pressure on Goodwin to play him at such a young age last season, so it looks like we may have to sell this summer if he isn't guaranteed regular game time and all we would get is a dev fee next summer. 

Would be hoping for something close to John McGinn's sell-on or at least alternative add-ons.

When you see the likes of Ramsay after one season at Aberdeen and Doig after one season at Hibs being touted for big money moves, it makes you wonder if he had more exposure this season, could we have added value to his price tag? 

I don't think he's ready for first team Premiership football, hardly anyone is at 16/17. John McGinn was nowhere near the first team at that age, he made his first start when he was 18 and Kenny McLean was the same - hasn't held either of them back. Bare in mind he went on loan to Queens Park in January, and couldn't get a game.  If he can't get a game at League 1 level should we have played him more in the top flight?

That's not a slight on Reid, saying he's not ready now doesn't mean he won't be a fantastic player in the future, i'd be surprised if he doesn't play for Scotland one day. Can't see him signing an extension though. 

• 2 weeks later...

Should be starting for U-17's tomorrow against denmark for anyone wanting to watch the game. Kicks off 12.30 tomorrow and on BBC Iplayer. They got humped by Portugal 5-1 on Tuesday in Group Stage D so hoping for a better result tomorrow.

• 1 month later...

Rumour that Rangers made a move for him a few days ago. Initial fee of £400k speculated. Hope Benfica get their finger out and we get a healthy transfer and sell on fee for him. Benfica the Uefa Youth League champions with probably the best player development system in Europe or the sad alternative.

Edited by truesaint

Rumour that Rangers made a move for him a few days ago. Initial fee of £400k speculated. Hope Benfica get their finger out and we get a healthy transfer and sell on fee for him. Benfica the Uefa Youth League champions with probably the best player development system in Europe or the sad alternative.
You wouldn't choose rangers would you? So many get lost in their youth set up never to see 1st team football. Chance to go abroad, you would, wouldn't you?

8 minutes ago, truesaint said:

Personally, I'd like to see him playing in the first team. However, obviously that money would be very welcome. 

1 hour ago, W6er said:

Personally, I'd like to see him playing in the first team. However, obviously that money would be very welcome. 

Smashing player. Agree with both comments. I think he might still have another year at school to do to finish his secondary education. That might influence him perhaps.

2 hours ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

You wouldn't choose rangers would you? So many get lost in their youth set up never to see 1st team football. Chance to go abroad, you would, wouldn't you?

You would if you came from a massive Rangers supporting family , which he does  , and if you're old man is all over Twitter spouting his Rangers allegiance and also bigging up his son !

42 minutes ago, billyg said:

You would if you came from a massive Rangers supporting family , which he does  , and if you're old man is all over Twitter spouting his Rangers allegiance and also bigging up his son !

Does he? I thought he attended the Catholic school? Not that that's 100% conclusive, obviously, but it would be quite surprising.

58 minutes ago, billyg said:

Are they connected to the Reid Foodservice mob down Ayrshire way?

He's out of contract at end of this coming season, his full family are Rangers daft and his dad is a bit of a stereotypical currant bun.

£400k seems derisory on the face of it but it is an opening bid and we'd probably find quite a lot of wiggle room in there.  It would at the very least, alert other clubs.