Dylan Reid

munoz

30 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

He's out of contract at end of this coming season, his full family are Rangers daft and his dad is a bit of a stereotypical currant bun.

£400k seems derisory on the face of it but it is an opening bid and we'd probably find quite a lot of wiggle room in there.  It would at the very least, alert other clubs.

Given his age we'd get a development fee regardless, wouldn't wee?

8 hours ago, W6er said:

Given his age we'd get a development fee regardless, wouldn't wee?

Exactly, £400k this year can get in the sea. Surely when looking at comparables, the compensation we’d be owed would be higher than that at the end of his contract next year. 

Billy Gilmour for example, never kicked a ball for the Rangers professional team, left at 16 & similar Scotland youth experience. They got £500k and add one for him. 

Dylan Reid if he keeps progressing would likely have played a bunch more professional games, two years more development experience & have even more Scotland youth caps. We would have a strong case for larger compensation if he really looks like a prospect. 

1 hour ago, Warrior Saint said:

Must be watching something totally different to me when watching this lad. Have seen nothing to justify hype around him.

Technically gifted, can spot a pass, can play a number of positions. Reminds me of a young Darren Fletcher. Give him a few years and imo he will be a £10 mill plus player. Sell on clause will be the vital part in the sale.

6 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

He’s 17 😂

Don’t see what relevance his age has in this.   Lambert & McGinn we’re both 17 when they were in the first team and attracting interest .

fwiw, I think the lad has something about him , he must have for these clubs to be sniffing around.  I hope he does well at Saints and wherever he ends up , I hope he makes us a lot of money in the future .

1 minute ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Don’t see what relevance his age has in this.   Lambert & McGinn we’re both 17 when they were in the first team and attracting interest .

fwiw, I think the lad has something about him , he must have for these clubs to be sniffing around.  I hope he does well at Saints and wherever he ends up , I hope he makes us a lot of money in the future .

How many times can you possibly have seen him to conclude above teams like Benfica & Bayern Munich who have been tracking him? 

Just because he hasn’t regularly played in the first team, doesn’t mean he isn’t a great prospect. He was one of the stand out in the game against the champions Celtic last season for example. 

500k seems very cheap to me when you compare him to the likes of Ramsay at Aberdeen (although he played more games).
Reid has looked quality, especially for his age when he has come in.  He has captained the Scottish u16s/u17s? and attracted interest from big clubs abroad.  
Suppose he’s only worth what teams are prepared to pay for him but he should be a real asset to us either on the pitch or to cash in on. 

53 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

500k seems very cheap to me when you compare him to the likes of Ramsay at Aberdeen (although he played more games).
Reid has looked quality, especially for his age when he has come in.  He has captained the Scottish u16s/u17s? and attracted interest from big clubs abroad.  
Suppose he’s only worth what teams are prepared to pay for him but he should be a real asset to us either on the pitch or to cash in on. 

We should be looking for him to sign a new contract, but if he won't I'd cash in and ensure we get a decent sell on clause.

3 hours ago, W6er said:

We should be looking for him to sign a new contract, but if he won't I'd cash in and ensure we get a decent sell on clause.

No need to cash in with one year left on his contract at his age. We can let his contract expire and still get a decent amount of money & potential sell on because he’ll be under 23. 

John McGinn as the perfect example. I would say an offer would need to be massive (easily 7 figures) to let him go this summer. 

3 hours ago, pod said:

Goes to Rangers now, he won't get into first team. They'll bide there time until his contract ends. We'll carry on with his development.

Maybe but this is risky on their part. If he continues to improve & attract interest, they increase their chance of missing out on him. 

Again John McGinn is a good example, Celtic had the chance to sign him pretty much unopposed the second last year of his Hibs contract but chose not to meet the valuation & wait until the end of the next summer window & he attracted interest from Villa. 

Will be interesting to see what happens but if they want him, we are in a strong position for a very good fee. I would be bitterly disappointed if he went for anything as low as £500k this summer. 

19 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Maybe but this is risky on their part. If he continues to improve & attract interest, they increase their chance of missing out on him. 

Again John McGinn is a good example, Celtic had the chance to sign him pretty much unopposed the second last year of his Hibs contract but chose not to meet the valuation & wait until the end of the next summer window & he attracted interest from Villa. 

Will be interesting to see what happens but if they want him, we are in a strong position for a very good fee. I would be bitterly disappointed if he went for anything as low as £500k this summer. 

If you're correct, what relevance does a contract have?

I thought if his contract expired and he walked, we'd effectively be entitled to a development fee, but that would be negotiated and even decided by a third party in the event we couldn't agree.

Edited by W6er

I don’t think anyone can be critical of the lad. Let’s be honest he’s hardly played for the first team. Would be great if he gets a chance this season, but unless he is a stand out in pre season then it’s likely that the manager will stick to experience.

It’s a difficult age. Some promising young talent never develops for a multitude of reasons. Let’s hope that Dylan can push on and have a great career.

5 hours ago, bazil85 said:

How many times can you possibly have seen him to conclude above teams like Benfica & Bayern Munich who have been tracking him? 

Just because he hasn’t regularly played in the first team, doesn’t mean he isn’t a great prospect. He was one of the stand out in the game against the champions Celtic last season for example. 

I don’t understand what you are saying here  🤷‍♂️  

1 hour ago, W6er said:

If you're correct, what relevance does a contract have?

I thought if his contract expired and he walked, we'd effectively be entitled to a development fee, but that would be negotiated and even decided by a third party in the event we couldn't agree.

A contract protects us beyond next year, if he doesn’t sign one & leaves, yes it would go third party (if both sides don’t agree). 

What that third party agrees would be based on a number of factors but we can compare to a few other examples. If Rangers got £500k for Gilmour, I can’t see how we could possibly be entitled to any less. 

Edited by bazil85

2 hours ago, Warrior Saint said:

And your point is? I have watched him in youth team and never stood out there for me either.

He has been deployed as a defensive midfielder for Scotland U 17's and was easily above the rest in reading of the game. The boy which I have mentioned earlier in this thread from Kilmarnock who is a defender was also a good player. At that level he was probably needed in def mid but could easily be pushed into a further attacking midfield position. For me he hasn't had the time or opportunity there as a player and also needs to develop his shooting but his passing, movement, touch and control are not in question. Tracks back well and can travel with ball but still to see him eject a bit of pace. As I said looks comfortable in a controlling defensive mid position for his age but would like to see him in a further forward position to see what he can offer as has the ability.

Edited by truesaint

2 hours ago, Warrior Saint said:

And your point is? I have watched him in youth team and never stood out there for me either.

Well he has stood out to scouts from teams including Benfica, Bayern Munich & Rangers. I imagine they are better equipped to gauge his potential than you. 

I can also only assume they’ve seen far more of him than you. 

Edited by bazil85

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Depressing. At least with the likes of Morgan, McGinn, McLean etc we got a shift out of them in the first team before other clubs came in to hoover them up. 

This sort of thing was bound to happen to the smaller clubs once they had to fill their Lowland League teams.