Dylan Reid

munoz

Rangers coming in for him is a good thing. It will alert other clubs and they will pay more. He is potential just now nothing more. We have some fine youngsters and it would be good to get some decent money to build the first team. Getting Murray Campbell signed up would be better. He looks a real player despite giving away a pen last night. 

35 minutes ago, Swiss_Saint said:

Looks like Rangers going for the shotgun approach and buying any you talent to fill their colts team and hope for a star or two down the line, sad thing is most of them will only ever be colts or bench warmers as they stagnate at Rangers

The problem here is that when this happens it's the selling club that misses out as well as the player.

We would miss out on add ons that are biggest part of any deal and the player misses out on development .

1 hour ago, Swiss_Saint said:

Looks like Rangers going for the shotgun approach and buying any you talent to fill their colts team and hope for a star or two down the line, sad thing is most of them will only ever be colts or bench warmers as they stagnate at Rangers

Exactly why Colts in their current format must be stopped at all costs from continuing. 

An absolute fundamental rule for Colts to work has to be homegrown players in squads. As in something very high (around 90% I would say) regarding players actually trained and developed through youth academies, to stop Celtic & Rangers just signing the best young talent from rivals when they start to break through. 

58 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Exactly why Colts in their current format must be stopped at all costs from continuing. 

An absolute fundamental rule for Colts to work has to be homegrown players in squads. As in something very high (around 90% I would say) regarding players actually trained and developed through youth academies, to stop Celtic & Rangers just signing the best young talent from rivals when they start to break through. 

Agree , but unfortunately the genie is out the bottle on that front  & the powers at be would not have the appetite or the balls to do anything which might upset their beloved bigot brothers. 

7 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Agree , but unfortunately the genie is out the bottle on that front  & the powers at be would not have the appetite or the balls to do anything which might upset their beloved bigot brothers. 

It’s one of the only good things about the previously named ‘old form veto’ 

We actually have considerable power to prevent them ever getting in the professional league. Just need the lowland league to stop lapping up the corrupt £££… Easier said than done of course. 

Charlie McArthur who was the other U17's player I rated and (scotland u17 captain) has moved from Kilmarnock to Newcastle Utd for £350k. I imagine sell on fee added in as well.

£400k plus sell on fee seems like a likely fee as previously mentioned. Interesting to see if Palace or Benfica put an offer in or other big clubs declare an interest.

3 hours ago, truesaint said:

Charlie McArthur who was the other U17's player I rated and (scotland u17 captain) has moved from Kilmarnock to Newcastle Utd for £350k. I imagine sell on fee added in as well.

£400k plus sell on fee seems like a likely fee as previously mentioned. Interesting to see if Palace or Benfica put an offer in or other big clubs declare an interest.

Don't have a problem with compensation fees being paid for teenagers , it's not the best model as there are no guarantees . 

1 hour ago, truesaint said:

That will be an absolute disgrace if they enter talks anywhere around that value. It should be a straight rejection & asked to add a zero before proper talks even begin. 

3 hours ago, munoz said:

Sounds made up. 

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

That will be an absolute disgrace if they enter talks anywhere around that value. It should be a straight rejection & asked to add a zero before proper talks even begin. 

Pure pish.

Looks like we've accepted their offer , whatever it is , but that might not be a bad move. I'm not sure if he would want to go there and someone else will surely put in a better offer , and with add-ons we'll make much more from him that way than we would by letting his contract expire and us getting a development fee with no add-ons ! One way or other , he's not going to play much for the first team !

1 hour ago, billyg said:

Looks like we've accepted their offer , whatever it is , but that might not be a bad move. I'm not sure if he would want to go there and someone else will surely put in a better offer , and with add-ons we'll make much more from him that way than we would by letting his contract expire and us getting a development fee with no add-ons ! One way or other , he's not going to play much for the first team !

Dearie me . Bring talent thro and sell for buttons. Pointless . This better be bullshit as like others I’d play him and lose him for a development fee before selling for 100k. It’s like Celtic tossing loose change at us

5 hours ago, bazil85 said:

In what way? Rumours now that we have accept the offer. £125k for a player being tracked by Benfica & previously Bayern 😂

In the way that, i don't believe for one second that is the fee we have accepted after comments coming out of the club saying, we will no longer be letting our talent leave for peanuts.

Not necessarily just about the original transfer fee . Add ons and a cut if the sell on fee are also hugely important. 

I would be disappointed if Saints have agreed a fee . You would think they would sit tight and see what other offers are out there .

Not all players highly rated as teenagers go on to be million pound players so cashing in now isn't a bad thing . The pick of this group of youngsters may be under the radar now.  

We just have to trust the management are doing what they think is best .

1 minute ago, munoz said:

In the way that, i don't believe for one second that is the fee we have accepted after comments coming out of the club saying, we will no longer be letting our talent leave for peanuts.

I hope you’re right, I’m concerned that media sources say it’s been accepted. That had to come from somewhere. 

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

I hope you’re right, I’m concerned that media sources say it’s been accepted. That had to come from somewhere. 

There would have to be many add ons for this to be remotely acceptable.