Dylan Reid

munoz

Was looking forward to seeing Dylan further develop on the pitch with us this season. His potential is massive and £125k seems a ridiculous price considering the hype surrounding him. 
When the Celtic manager is quoted saying that they’ve put a bid in for him but he has no interest in him at the moment as he’ll go straight into the development team, it all seems like it doesn’t stack up. 
Who knows what’s really going on but I’m sure the club will play hardball with clubs wanting him. Surely the ball is in our  court at the moment. 

15 minutes ago, Scott-Leeds said:

The obvious thing would be start at £300 with Celtic ( the magic 2 stands figure )

Even then , way too low

We continue to see other clubs commanding realistic fees for their players in Scotland

As yet , it’s never been Saints

I hope this story is nonsense

I hope it’s nonsense too but, should it be credible then the figure quoted is well short. 

We have been talking up interest in our players starting with Ethan and Dunne then on to 3 of our bright young academy squad so I guess that money will talk.

In the short term, if we get a decent figure and could bring Gocic back who would play most/all of our games then, reluctantly, OK.

20 minutes ago, Rascal said:

I hope it’s nonsense too but, should it be credible then the figure quoted is well short. 

We have been talking up interest in our players starting with Ethan and Dunne then on to 3 of our bright young academy squad so I guess that money will talk.

In the short term, if we get a decent figure and could bring Gocic back who would play most/all of our games then, reluctantly, OK.

Given the hype £125k looks weirdly low. Has to be something else going on. Maybe it's a new approach designed to cash in on sell ons.  For years our top academy talent have decided to run down their contracts and Saints never really get to cash in. Celtic are good at getting multi million pound offers for their players - a 30% or more cut of a sell on fee might be the only way for us to ever secure a 7 figure sum for a player. The flip side is that we have just rolled over and the Old Firm have got back to picking off  talent on the cheap as they can stick them in their Colts teams.

11 minutes ago, exiledfan said:

We should be able to afford Gogic without flogging Reid. 

Yip but I would be giving him a decent signing on fee to get it over the line. Hopefully Baccus has a bit of creativity about him because if you take Kiltie out that team yesterday we have none.

1 hour ago, JJ McG said:

Yip but I would be giving him a decent signing on fee to get it over the line. Hopefully Baccus has a bit of creativity about him because if you take Kiltie out that team yesterday we have none.

The team is blunt. Need to find fitness and hope it improves. I have to say if we sell for buttons again it will leave a really bad taste. Celtic must be laughing at this . Toss the saints a tenner and we will take their most sellable asset . Sorry let’s play the lad and see if he’s got it. I’m sure the development fee won’t be much less in a years time. Who knows maybe he will be subject to bigger interest in winter window. 

3 hours ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Was looking forward to seeing Dylan further develop on the pitch with us this season. His potential is massive and £125k seems a ridiculous price considering the hype surrounding him. 
When the Celtic manager is quoted saying that they’ve put a bid in for him but he has no interest in him at the moment as he’ll go straight into the development team, it all seems like it doesn’t stack up. 
Who knows what’s really going on but I’m sure the club will play hardball with clubs wanting him. Surely the ball is in our  court at the moment. 

Your sure this board will play hardball…

I have to say yes Kiltie is the most creative that we have. I think with the 433, he is trying to get him to be more like Ronan when he sat deeper, I just don't see it playing to Kiltie strengths, which is a real shame. Kiltie being deep I feel mutes his positives. I really liked him higher up the pitch and just behind the strikers.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

I have to say yes Kiltie is the most creative that we have. I think with the 433, he is trying to get him to be more like Ronan when he sat deeper, I just don't see it playing to Kiltie strengths, which is a real shame. Kiltie being deep I feel mutes his positives. I really liked him higher up the pitch and just behind the strikers.

I do see your point but I like the idea of 4-3-3 so I hope that works out. 

9 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Not necessarily just about the original transfer fee . Add ons and a cut if the sell on fee are also hugely important. 

I would be disappointed if Saints have agreed a fee . You would think they would sit tight and see what other offers are out there .

Not all players highly rated as teenagers go on to be million pound players so cashing in now isn't a bad thing . The pick of this group of youngsters may be under the radar now.  

We just have to trust the management are doing what they think is best .

If we get a decent sell on fee, you might be right. This may be a catastrophic error for Reid, though.

3 hours ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Kiltie or Henderson. 

9 hours ago, Ethan said:

Reid to hold talks with Celtic tomorrow. We knocked Rangers back with a similar offer which is a strange one. Still only 125k. Really fecked off with the cash coming in.  What message does this send out. We need to get more for our youths

Absolutely agree 

125k is a wank deal- regardless of how you slice & dice it

1 hour ago, djchapsticks said:

Regardless of future fees, we must be getting more for our biggest young assets in terms of actual cash.

£125k and the rest on the never-never is simply ridiculous.

Yes remember Burton o Brien and David McNamee leaving to Blackburn for 600k plus add ins which we saw none of. This add ins is no use at times we need a decent deal up front and if your telling me we nurture top talent to sell it for absolutely nothing then What is the point . It’s beyond a joke 

21 hours ago, magnus said:

Given the hype £125k looks weirdly low. Has to be something else going on. Maybe it's a new approach designed to cash in on sell ons.

With the hype of Celtic, Rangers & Benfica all keeping tabs,

£125k is way too low.

If he was to go to one of those 3, it should be Benfica for no other reason than rangers & celtic have a history ruining a lot of young talent.

Benfica are more likely to bring him on better than the other 2.

If he's good enough, get him in the 1st team squad & see how Stephen Robinson can bring him on.

The boy's going to go anyway we had to persuade him to sign a new deal in the first place....  Maybe we''ll get a big chunk if or when he makes the first team debut,

Then 4 year down the line goes for a modest 10 million to the likes of Brentford or Notts Forrest type team...  if were on 20% that's two million...  if he's a good yin 40 million to Spurs etc... 8 million to us what's not to like  :rolleyes: 

He could just be a teenage wonder like many young Scots and never see the light of day again past 21.... 

Good deal all round for me if that's the case 

12 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

With the hype of Celtic, Rangers & Benfica all keeping tabs,

£125k is way too low.

If he was to go to one of those 3, it should be Benfica for no other reason than rangers & celtic have a history ruining a lot of young talent.

Benfica are more likely to bring him on better than the other 2.

If he's good enough, get him in the 1st team squad & see how Stephen Robinson can bring him on.

Could just as easily get lost in Portugal...  like Ryan Gauld did