Dylan Reid

munoz

49 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Take the cash now the add on's and the 20%  and bring back big Lee Erwin we need a proven goal scorer  :whistle

. “You cannot be serious!” Lee! no. But you knew that.

Taking the cash with potential add ons I can get. Big decision for Dylan to make. Greatly increased wages, no doubt a signing on fee and a chance to make it at a much bigger club. Against that is the likelihood that he won’t be playing first team, top league football over the next year or two. 

2 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

Take the cash now the add on's and the 20%  and bring back big Lee Erwin we need a proven goal scorer  :whistle

Lee Erwin earned Motherwell £500,000 as a development fee. 😂

50 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Did we not get Kenny McLean  and Lewis Morgan  from old firm academy for free?

Yeh we did, both of them got released by Rangers (lol).

With Reid it's obvious he has no interest at being at the club beyond next summer and he will certainly not be signing another deal with us. We either let him go now and accept a deal that we can tailor to what we believe is best for the club long term, or let him go for a development fee next summer, where we will have much less control. There's no third option.

I can't see him getting many minutes this season, so him leaving now is not going to have a great impact on the first team. He will be below O'Hara, Baccus and Erhahon and probably Flynn too for the centre midfield position.  So yeah, i'd be inclined to take the money and the add ons now as opposed to going down the development fee route.

37 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Yeh we did, both of them got released by Rangers (lol).

With Reid it's obvious he has no interest at being at the club beyond next summer and he will certainly not be signing another deal with us. We either let him go now and accept a deal that we can tailor to what we believe is best for the club long term, or let him go for a development fee next summer, where we will have much less control. There's no third option.

I can't see him getting many minutes this season, so him leaving now is not going to have a great impact on the first team. He will be below O'Hara, Baccus and Erhahon and probably Flynn too for the centre midfield position.  So yeah, i'd be inclined to take the money and the add ons now as opposed to going down the development fee route.

He's at a difficult place in his development at the moment. He's probably not good enough or ready yet to hold down a first team regular place, though he possibly could a year from now. He will be gone by then.

Cashing in now is the most sensible thing to do. He is fortunate with the clubs who are showing an interest in him. Add in at least a non-negotiable 20% sell-on and add-ons for appearances.

34 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

He's at a difficult place in his development at the moment. He's probably not good enough or ready yet to hold down a first team regular place, though he possibly could a year from now. He will be gone by then.

Cashing in now is the most sensible thing to do. He is fortunate with the clubs who are showing an interest in him. Add in at least a non-negotiable 20% sell-on and add-ons for appearances.

Totally agree. 
The loan move to Queens Park looks like it was a total disaster now. If we’d kept him with the first team squad he would’ve seen more football and it would’ve been a win/win situation with our decimated squad at the tail end of the season. 
He has looked more than competent in the few appearances he’s made. 
I think you’re right re not getting a guaranteed start for us and he’s got a big decision to make. Getting first team experience/games far out ways development games. 
It looks like he wants away which is disappointing as we were all excited about him developing with us into another McGinn or McLean. Just boils down to getting the best deal we can for him now. 

I may be wrong (it happens!) but I don’t think that I have seen any comments attributed to the player. A difficult choice for him. More money now and a signing on fee and an opportunity to make his mark with such a big club versus the uncertainty of maybe playing in our first team on the money he is on now (or increased) and tying himself to us for longer with perhaps a move in a year or two’s time. At his age, money in the pocket is important. Not easy

Although I agree it’s depressing when we just give these players away, with further thought I’m wondering if this is maybe a bit of an overreaction.

The boy is 17 now and if he’s not yet featuring in the 1st team, then you’ve got to question just how good he’s going to be.  To my mind the last two players of ours who went on to be really top players (John McGinn and Paul Lambert) we both playing 1st team football at his age. 
I appreciate that’s a bit of a generalisation and the boy might be a slightly later developer, but we can only expect payment for what he is now. 
It’s a bit like saying, my company is only worth 30 Bob at the moment, but if it’s properly managed and adequately invested it could become a multi billion pound company, so I’ll sell it to you now for £20m.

I’d say, £150k with some sell on % is about the most we can reasonably expect.  Look at how much we sell established players for. Not much more. 

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Although I agree it’s depressing when we just give these players away, with further thought I’m wondering if this is maybe a bit of an overreaction.

The boy is 17 now and if he’s not yet featuring in the 1st team, then you’ve got to question just how good he’s going to be.  To my mind the last two players of ours who went on to be really top players (John McGinn and Paul Lambert) we both playing 1st team football at his age. 
I appreciate that’s a bit of a generalisation and the boy might be a slightly later developer, but we can only expect payment for what he is now. 
It’s a bit like saying, my company is only worth 30 Bob at the moment, but if it’s properly managed and adequately invested it could become a multi billion pound company, so I’ll sell it to you now for £20m.

I’d say, £150k with some sell on % is about the most we can reasonably expect.  Look at how much we sell established players for. Not much more. 

I take a similar view but the Clubs have already agreed terms, or so I believe. It’s now down to the lad and his family. Either way it’s a win for us.