Dylan Reid

munoz

Been told its a done deal, going to Celtic
I heard a neighbour talk about a kid back in the day who was from a real Rangers daft family, but had Celtic come calling. Apparently his dad said, "Cash before sash". Guessing that might be what's going on here.
Sadly with the OF being allowed B teams we will see this happening even more. It's a shame as before the B teams kids went to the OF never to get first team opportunities. With the B teams I can see this happening more and more.
I wish him well, but gutted he never got more of a chance with Jim. Jim seemed to not favour trying the young players and the QP loan was a load of shite too.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, StanleySaint said:

Sensible decision by the lad,  Robinson must have talked a good game. Now he has to deliver on giving him the game time and Dylan needs to show he is worthy of it, I sense a Kenny McLean gentlemen's agreement in the background.

Your senses may be correct. Also…Does he not have one year left to do at school to complete his sixth year? 

1 hour ago, windae cleaner said:

Until Sevco come in with a similar offer

If they match the green bigot's offer*,  then that's a distinct possibility. Given that they're just about to pocket £20million for Dyllan Connolly's plaything.

*An offer, I hasten to add, that no one outside of the club knows what the monetary value is. 

If not, Reid signs an extended contract, which is unlikely, and we then make a bit more money, or we play him, he runs down his contract and leaves at the end of the season, with us receiving his development fee.

7 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Exactly.

Pointless for us unless he signs a new deal.

The only other, unlikely scenario, is that if he does get game time, he excels, which leads to a bidding war and some other bigger club comes in with with a silly money offer in January.

On 7/11/2022 at 8:34 AM, djchapsticks said:

Regardless of future fees, we must be getting more for our biggest young assets in terms of actual cash.

£125k and the rest on the never-never is simply ridiculous.

On 7/11/2022 at 10:17 AM, portmahomack saint said:

The boy's going to go anyway we had to persuade him to sign a new deal in the first place....  Maybe we''ll get a big chunk if or when he makes the first team debut,

Then 4 year down the line goes for a modest 10 million to the likes of Brentford or Notts Forrest type team...  if were on 20% that's two million...  if he's a good yin 40 million to Spurs etc... 8 million to us what's not to like  :rolleyes: 

He could just be a teenage wonder like many young Scots and never see the light of day again past 21.... 

Good deal all round for me if that's the case 

On 7/11/2022 at 8:34 AM, djchapsticks said:

Regardless of future fees, we must be getting more for our biggest young assets in terms of actual cash.

£125k and the rest on the never-never is simply ridiculous.

I hope you're right and he signs a new deal as that's the only way we will get a big fee for him...  but I doubt it very much..  I got the feeling the club would have been very happy with this deal...

My gut feeling is Rangers are sitting tight till his contract runs down,, with a big smile on their face, he was never signing for Celtic :rolleyes:  

And were about to get shafted again :moony2

1 hour ago, fmckinn said:

not often I'm right but wrong again only went with what I was told at the weekend.

A lot for the young man to take into account. His head must have been all over the place. His future remains in his hands for now and we have the benefit of being able to play and develop him with no less of a few to come in the future (imo).

A few ways this could play out.

A) Rangers table an acceptable bid with a tidy sell on included this summer and he's off. They have already tabled a bid before Celtic so they are genuinely interested

B ) He gets a good run in the first team with us this season and attracts many other suitors, potentially leaving his options more open in the next window.

C ) He stays with us till end of season. running down his contract and joins Rangers for dev fee only. Would feel this is the one that scanners us most as we don't have a bargaining tool by this point and we have pretty much developed a player for them in our first team.

£125k to any top club outside of Scotland is absolute pennies.

17 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

A few ways this could play out.

A) Rangers table an acceptable bid with a tidy sell on included this summer and he's off. They have already tabled a bid before Celtic so they are genuinely interested

B ) He gets a good run in the first team with us this season and attracts many other suitors, potentially leaving his options more open in the next window.

C ) He stays with us till end of season. running down his contract and joins Rangers for dev fee only. Would feel this is the one that scanners us most as we don't have a bargaining tool by this point and we have pretty much developed a player for them in our first team.

£125k to any top club outside of Scotland is absolute pennies.

I'd seriously doubt he'll get a serious run in the team. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

I'd seriously doubt he'll get a serious run in the team. 

If he not going to sign a new deal, i wouldn't be giving him any game time anyway. 

It is not as if we really need him in the team anyway.