Alan Hutton

St.Ricky

26 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Wonder how fit he is? But if fit would he come to us for pennies compared to his previous deals?

If the answer to both of these is yes, he would be a massive improvement at LB !

Thought he was a right back According to Villa fans he's the Jock Cafu😎

2 hours ago, Danny said:

Ah so he converted at Villa       Was always aright back when he played in Scotland and for the international team

All the best FB's can play with both feet, tackle on either side - well that's probably not true, at least many of the good ones can !

7 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

It depends what’s more important to him. One last big pay check, or one last shot at getting some game time before retirement.

I get where you are coming from as he has just turned 35.

It also depends if his wife is up for moving to Scotland or wherever he can get a game too. 

He may also go into coaching or some other role instead . . . all depends on how he thinks he is fitness and mentality wise.

3 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Because ?

1. He has other offers.

2. He does not want to come back to Scotland.

3. YOU just think the chances of this are far too remote?

Answers 2 & 3.

However, considering he thought Middlesbrough was too far, I’d say answer 2 is the right one.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-hutton-reveals-reason-behind-16985183

2 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Answers 2 & 3.

However, considering he thought Middlesbrough was too far, I’d say answer 2 is the right one.

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/alan-hutton-reveals-reason-behind-16985183

So it was too far away to go to Middlesbrourgh and BETTER for his family that he is not picking up a wage at all ?

IS it further than Oran travelled ?

Yes we should believe everything we read in a Website or Newspaper ...

Let's see IF he signs for anyone or no-one?

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

So it was too far away to go to Middlesbrourgh and BETTER for his family that he is not picking up a wage at all ?

IS it further than Oran travelled ?

Yes we should believe everything we read in a Website or Newspaper ...

Let's see IF he signs for anyone or no-one?

Comparing a PE teacher to someone who’s earned thousands per week for a number of years is quite a leap.

not sure why you are staunchly defending the idea of him coming 😂

42 minutes ago, aldo_j said:

Comparing a PE teacher to someone who’s earned thousands per week for a number of years is quite a leap.

not sure why you are staunchly defending the idea of him coming 😂

I am not staunchly defending the idea of him coming. I think most of us believe that it is highly unlikely. Nevertheless, stranger things have happened (e.g. Guys like Victor). Personally I see a need for a LB. IF Hutton was fit and willing to come to us on our wage scale, he would most likely be a clear improvement in that position.

I don't think it matters whether Hutton was on £40k a week and Oran was on £80k a year - the former is in his twilight playing wise and not going to manage to get a deal with anything near his previous player's annual wages, while Oran could have a longer career in management ahead (when his kids are more grown up etc.) What matters is that one is bringing in a wage for his family and the other is not at present - surely something he will want to rectify? By the way I only compared them on distance to travel for their work if Hutton took a job at Middlesbrough - but nice deflection!

It seems to me here the issue for many of our fans is his past link to Sevco - I hate them, but Hodson was a good player for us, so that is what matters to me. I hate the other ugly sister too, but if Morgan came back, I would not be miffed about that either. (I think this is also highly unlikely in the near future at least)

So what's your beef? :whistle

Edited by Sweeper07

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

I am not staunchly defending the idea of him coming. I think most of us believe that it is highly unlikely. Nevertheless, stranger things have happened (e.g. Guys like Victor). Personally I see a need for a LB. IF Hutton was fit and willing to come to us on our wage scale, he would most likely be a clear improvement in that position.

I don't think it matters whether Hutton was on £40k a week and Oran was on £80k a year - the former is in his twilight playing wise and not going to manage to get a deal with anything near his previous player's annual wages, while Oran could have a longer career in management ahead (when his kids are more grown up etc.) What matters is that one is bringing in a wage for his family and the other is not at present - surely something he will want to rectify? By the way I only compared them on distance to travel for their work if Hutton took a job at Middlesbrough - but nice deflection!

It seems to me here the issue for many of our fans is his past link to Sevco - I hate them, but Hodson was a good player for us, so that is what matters to me. I hate the other ugly sister too, but if Morgan came back, I would not be miffed about that either. (I think this is also highly unlikely in the near future at least)

So what's your beef? :whistle

I couldn’t care less about his previous clubs and supported him at Scotland games.

a fit Alan Hutton playing for Saints? Fantastic! Likelihood? f**king nae chance.

• 2 weeks later...