Ethan Erhahon

Had a quick look at their website, think they've got bigger priorities than a midfielder. Their top goal scorer just walked out, and another midfielder has had his loan extended.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

I take Wickham at Saints. Knows where the back of the net is.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

10 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

It just feels a wee bit sad that this is where we (or to some extent the Scottish Premiership generally) are right now. Depressing.

Agreed

We shall see how it pans out but if 16th placed Lincoln City are really the best offer on the table for the lad then I suppose he has to take it 

300k with 6 months of his contract left is better than feck all in the summer - hopefully a couple decent clauses inserted 🤞🤞

1 hour ago, CraigyBoy said:

We shall see how it pans out but if 16th placed Lincoln City are really the best offer on the table for the lad then I suppose he has to take it 

A League One club is probably Ethan's best opportunity to establish himself as a regular starter down south, rather than festering in the stiffs at a bigger club. If he can do well at that level then maybe better opportunities may open up for him later (and for us too ££££, depending on the add-ons clause).

• div changed the title to Ethan Erhahon
1 hour ago, CraigyBoy said:

Agreed

300k with 6 months of his contract left is better than feck all in the summer - hopefully a couple decent clauses inserted 🤞🤞

It is not feck all in the summer. We are due a development fee. Prob about £200k. 

28 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I think we can all safely assume with the greatest respect, Ethan is no John McGinn, nor is he ever likely to be. 
Rather than pinning hopes on some unlikely sell on clause, if it’s the difference between £300k now or £200k in the summer, I’d sooner he stayed and saw out his contract. 

If there is no interest in the summer there will be no £200k.

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I think we can all safely assume with the greatest respect, Ethan is no John McGinn, nor is he ever likely to be. 

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

No, highly unlikely there will be no interest. 

Other than Championship side Hibs, there was no interest in John McGinn when his contract ended.

Therefore Hibs were able to negotiate a much smaller up front fee for him, albeit they gave away too much in terms of the sell on.

I agree that Erhahon is no McGinn but if there was lack of interest in McGinn then it’s perfectly conceivable that there will be lack of interest in paying a big development fee for Ethan. 

1 minute ago, Sue Denim said:

Other than Championship side Hibs, there was no interest in John McGinn when his contract ended.

Therefore Hibs were able to negotiate a much smaller up front fee for him, albeit they gave away too much in terms of the sell on.

I agree that Erhahon is no McGinn but if there was lack of interest in McGinn then it’s perfectly conceivable that there will be lack of interest in paying a big development fee for Ethan. 

Fair enough.