Away to St Johnstone ... December 21st 2019

BuddieinEK

An omen?

Off the ball tonight named St Johnstone as their team of the week!

Ten minutes later... After I had sent in a song for them... They announced a change in their decision!

Thanks to an email with "meat on the bones", the new team of the week is...

St Mirren!

What was the meat on the bones I sent them?

The following...

You like meat on bones...

Saints starting defence was...

A loanee left back.

A loanee centre half.

A debutant youth development player.

A midfielder at right back.

At 3-2 down the young lad came off and we went three at the back to chase the game.

We scored almost immediately and reverted to a back four, made up of...

A loanee left back.

A loanee centre half.

A midfielder at centre half.

A striker at right back.

We finished the game with FIVE forwards on the field!

How's that for meat?

Team of the week after that comeback is Saints!

Song for Saints...

Chumbawumba...

Tubthumping

Not just because of our drummer fan...

The lyrics...

I get knocked down, but I get up again... ..

[emoji41]

As for next week's game... The effort, pace and attitude fills me with hope.

Breaking our away day hoodoo last week fills me with hope.

The Fakes win today actually fills me with hope. I hate us playing teams that are on a bad run!

But... We seem to have developed a pattern this season... Two good games then one howler!

We don't have enough fit defenders to play it tight... and although we will concede if going all out attack... It's the best form of defence and we know now we can score.

Team.... Gaffer's favoured eleven!

After today, Durmus, Obika, Morias, MacPherson and Magennis are certain starters.

Prediction...

1-2 away day win for the Real Saints!

It should be noted St Johnstone have 2 games in hand over us.

If we win we go 3 points above them and still, even with the games in hand, are in a decent position.

A draw, away from home, wouldn't be the end of the world.

A defeat, we go 3 points behind them and the 2 games in hand could be very costly.

They play Hamilton (A] and Ross County (H) after us, quite decent fixtures. 

The good thing is we score in almost ever game recently, the bad side, well, that's fairly well documented and defending was an issue before our current injury situation. 

1 hour ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

A win up there would be a huge boost going into the game against Celtic. If we can get a minimum of 4 points from the next 3 games then i think we'll have done well, obviously hoping for 9 :D

Why not, Celtic are no great shakes. :whistle:P

6 hours ago, faraway saint said:

It should be noted St Johnstone have 2 games in hand over us.

If we win we go 3 points above them and still, even with the games in hand, are in a decent position.

A draw, away from home, wouldn't be the end of the world.

A defeat, we go 3 points behind them and the 2 games in hand could be very costly.

They play Hamilton (A] and Ross County (H) after us, quite decent fixtures. 

The good thing is we score in almost ever game recently, the bad side, well, that's fairly well documented and defending was an issue before our current injury situation. 

I think their 2 games in hand are against Celtic and Rangers so not overly worried about them getting anything. 

11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

2 of our last 3 games in this set of games are against Rangers and Celtic. 

A wee bit early to get over worried/excited, plenty twists and turns to come. 

4 games of this set to go, but aye, far too early to be looking at other teams fixtures. 

We need to concentrate on our own games.

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Another of his aliases who hate other people posting ! When will this prat leave the forum for good ? The sooner the better !

One of the most telling things you note in your 1st post is that we ended the game with 5 strikers, I picked that up on match day too - the telling bit is JG really really wanted to go for something (willing to take a big risk) and it paid us a point (if we had lost another 2 goals he would have got pelters). Given that the Fakes have the poorest defence in the league, I hope he goes for it again in Perth !

They have beaten Hearts 1 nil twice in  recent times. I know we did not do well against Hearts, but the Fakes are there for the taking IF we defend well and create and take a number of chances - which we have been starting to show our capability of doing in recent games !

The win is far more than 3 times better than a draw ! (not in points terms, but in other ways)  🕶️

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

Another of his aliases who hate other people posting ! When will this prat leave the forum for good ? The sooner the better !

One of the most telling things you note in your 1st post is that we ended the game with 5 strikers, I picked that up on match day too - the telling bit is JG really really wanted to go for something (willing to take a big risk) and it paid us a point (if we had lost another 2 goals he would have got pelters). Given that the Fakes have the poorest defence in the league, I hope he goes for it again in Perth !

They have beaten Hearts 1 nil twice in  recent times. I know we did not do well against Hearts, but the Fakes are there for the taking IF we defend well and create and take a number of chances - which we have been starting to show our capability of doing in recent games !

The win is far more than 3 times better than a draw ! (not in points terms, but in other ways)  🕶️

Also, as usual, you omitted to mention we have the worst AWAY record in the league.

We've scored 6 goals in 9 away games, conceding 17.

One things for sure, this will be a shitfest of a game.

Anytime I've been in Perth it's been fecking blowing a gale and a crap game.

The debate about lucky goals this weekend..........................doesn't matter one bit, at the end of the season that'll be forgotten IF we stay up. 

I can see this going 1-1, then we have 3 games (although the Rangers game isn't until 22nd January) where we will probably get zero points.

Happy New Year. 

On 12/14/2019 at 6:47 PM, BuddieinEK said:

An omen?

Off the ball tonight named St Johnstone as their team of the week!

Ten minutes later... After I had sent in a song for them... They announced a change in their decision!

Thanks to an email with "meat on the bones", the new team of the week is...

St Mirren!

What was the meat on the bones I sent them?

The following...

You like meat on bones...

Saints starting defence was...

A loanee left back.

A loanee centre half.

A debutant youth development player.

A midfielder at right back.

At 3-2 down the young lad came off and we went three at the back to chase the game.

We scored almost immediately and reverted to a back four, made up of...

A loanee left back.

A loanee centre half.

A midfielder at centre half.

A striker at right back.

We finished the game with FIVE forwards on the field!

How's that for meat?

Team of the week after that comeback is Saints!

Song for Saints...

Chumbawumba...

Tubthumping

Not just because of our drummer fan...

The lyrics...

I get knocked down, but I get up again... ..

emoji41.png

Well done EK. 

I like it. 

3 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

5 strikers  :huh:   We only have 4 and at no point on sat was all 4 on the pitch at the same time.

Surely Andreu and Durmus are not getting counted as strikers  :huh:

I can see this going 1-1, then we have 3 games (although the Rangers game isn't until 22nd January) where we will probably get zero points.
Happy New Year. 

Surely we are due to beat Kilmarnock sometime soon.

I have watched Kilmarnock defeat us 4 (maybe more in a row) & each occasion especially most recent they have been terrible.

Only problem here is Right Now Kilmarnock 1 win in 8 I presume 1 win was v us in October???

If they come calling in 2 weeks time without another victory we will probably bend over & give them another victory like we did v Hibs last season, twice this season and Hearts too.

13 hours ago, Tommy said:

5 strikers  :huh:   We only have 4 and at no point on sat was all 4 on the pitch at the same time.

Surely Andreu and Durmus are not getting counted as strikers  :huh:

Well you could hardly say that they were not attacking players who could score goals would you?

Andreu has play much of his career as a striker and in Durmus we have a player who comes in from the wings and shoots on sight ! I'll give you that he often plays a more LM role, but he is much more attack minded and supports the attack at every opportunity !  :happyclapper

Edited by Sweeper07

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

Well you could hardly say that they were not attacking players who could score goals would you?

Andreu has play much of his career as a striker and in Durmus we have a player who comes in from the wings and shots on sight ! I'll give you that he often plays a more LM role, but he is much more attack minded and supports the attack at every opportunity !  :happyclapper

Well the official site have them down as strikers   :shockaroony   so fair comment from you 👍

Expecting Foley back for this one and Paul may just make it too . . .  

They have O'Halloran, May, Hendry and Craig who can nab a goal.

We need to cut-off the supply and kick and play them off the park like they did with Hearts at the weekend.

Remember they are not great defensively . . . Come on Obika and Morais, with Cooke putting on the icing please !  :ninja

Fakes 1     v     3 the Real Saints  :happyclapper

IMHO there are 2 teams we cant get points off- THEM- mainly because we don't have a plastic pitch

Otherwise we are in every game, we know what we have got this year, but we have lost so many possible points....

Dons away lost 1 point

Accies Home  lost 2 points

County Away lost 1 point

Hibs Home lost 1 point

To name a few , 5 points for just being smarter and more clinical...

Oh and this time last year after XMAS we had 3 wins 2 draws and 14 defeats and lot more goals against, so onwards and upwards 

I hate when people say oh tough game. In the premiership there all tough games and St.Johnstone wont be easy either. Think there a better team than table position shows. But if we can our players back we can win this one. We look better up front with Obika and Morias together. We have a bit more energy in the middle with Magennis and McPherson. Think we can win this. I'm going 2,1 St.Mirren Coys.