Away to St Johnstone ... December 21st 2019

BuddieinEK

FT 0-0

Decent point that, much better result for us than for St Johnstone.

After losing 3 games in a row we have now went 3 unbeaten. Considering 2 of those were away from home and our away form before that run that’s not bad going.

And a clean sheet with that makeshift defence on the road is good going.

Next Celtic in Paisley on Boxing Day...

15 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

I only saw the second half but I thought SJ were the worst team we've played this season.  If we could have played a little more football we could have won it easy.  Too much punting the ball up the park.

If we could have played a little less football and punted it up the park more, we could have won easily! 

If we play the way we did today for the rest of the season I am confident we will hold our current place in the table and possibly even overtake Ross County.

However, Livingston might be outwith our reach (again) unfortunately.

The January transfer window does feel so desparate as it once did.

8 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

If we play the way we did today for the rest of the season I am confident we will hold our current place in the table and possibly even overtake Ross County.

However, Livingston might be outwith our reach (again) unfortunately.

The January transfer window does feel so desparate as it once did.

While I thought we were the better side, not by much, you have to remember St Johnstone are dire.

They have the joint worst goal difference in the league for a reason, they don't score and leak goals on a regular basis.

I wouldn't be placing too much confidence on todays performance. 

17 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I would still take a play off the now.
Feel we are a better team this season than last, but the championship has really dropped in standard apart from the Arabs.

I'd obviously prefer to avoid both automatic relegation and the play off place. Things are still very tight in the bottom half of the table. Up to and including Livingston are still in the mix imo. 

45 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

While I thought we were the better side, not by much, you have to remember St Johnstone are dire.

They have the joint worst goal difference in the league for a reason, they don't score and leak goals on a regular basis.

I wouldn't be placing too much confidence on todays performance. 

As much as I agree about them, they have tightened up in recent games. Only one team looked like trying to win the game today and it wasn't them. If we had a bit more composure in the final 3rd , we'd have won the game by half time. 

We were the better team today until he took away the shape. He brought Tony on For Durmus. Ilkay did a power of work down the left. He won numerous balls tracking back. Goodwin decided to play with no natural winger at all. Their fullback then decided to push on. Kyle only goes side ways or back now. He's not a central midfielder. Get him back out on the right. The game passes him by in the middle. Cammy gets involved. His passing is erratic, but he'll be involved, front and back. Kyle is lost chasing shadows in there. That was 2 points dropped. St Johnstone are pish.

56 minutes ago, spg said:

We were the better team today until he took away the shape. He brought Tony on For Durmus. Ilkay did a power of work down the left. He won numerous balls tracking back. Goodwin decided to play with no natural winger at all. Their fullback then decided to push on. Kyle only goes side ways or back now. He's not a central midfielder. Get him back out on the right. The game passes him by in the middle. Cammy gets involved. His passing is erratic, but he'll be involved, front and back. Kyle is lost chasing shadows in there. That was 2 points dropped. St Johnstone are pish.

I certainly thought that Durmas had a good game, worked hard going forward and tracking back. The changes made saw us play long balls up to the front, keeping more men behind the ball. Both sides gave 100 %. The second half in particular was very physical. 

10 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Obika had 2 headers at least, unfortunately his head is like a 20p piece and none hit the target. 

The typical fan. All I hear is abuse towards Obika. I actually had people behind me questioning his man of the match against Livi. The c**t said "Obika has been given Man of the match" I knew more was coming. Because all I'd heard was a tut at Durmus touching the ball and mocking at Obika. So Obika was given man of the match, he then didn't know why. He maybe created the first, then scored 2. I think that deserves man of the match. But as our fans go, he's got the head of a 20p piece. He'll never jump high, his body weight is 99% top half, going to struggle in jumping.

47 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I certainly thought that Durmas had a good game, worked hard going forward and tracking back. The changes made saw us play long balls up to the front, keeping more men behind the ball. Both sides gave 100 %. The second half in particular was very physical. 

We were in control. The place was bouncing. Raging at any decision. We were pushing them. But he killed it. I don't understand that change. Within 5 mins their fullback had raided forward twice. He hadn't done it once before. We had a shape. Waters is better when Durmus is ahead of him. It's like balance.