Jump to content

BuddieinEK

Away to St Johnstone ... December 21st 2019

Recommended Posts

I hate when people say oh tough game. In the premiership there all tough games and St.Johnstone wont be easy either. Think there a better team than table position shows. But if we can our players back we can win this one. We look better up front with Obika and Morias together. We have a bit more energy in the middle with Magennis and McPherson. Think we can win this. I'm going 2,1 St.Mirren Coys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

I hate when people say oh tough game. In the premiership there all tough games and St.Johnstone wont be easy either. Think there a better team than table position shows. But if we can our players back we can win this one. We look better up front with Obika and Morias together. We have a bit more energy in the middle with Magennis and McPherson. Think we can win this. I'm going 2,1 St.Mirren Coys.

I like the energy in the middle and the front pairing you suggest. Early in the season our defence was pretty solid. Get that back and we could drive on. A point in Perth would be good. Three would be great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Why ?  :holiday

Because now we ended up as team of the week and that’s probably a curse which would have been St Johnstone’s curse but it’s now ours. It’s all BuddieinEK’s fault. Booooo.

Just now, DougJamie said:

Nah- I prefer blaming that fanny Stubbs :whistle

What about Josh Heaton? If he was actually any decent we could have had clean sheets every game and challenge for the title...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Because now we ended up as team of the week and that’s probably a curse which would have been St Johnstone’s curse but it’s now ours. It’s all BuddieinEK’s fault. Booooo.

Superstitious ! :hammer  BEK is a top guy and does not dabble in voodoo, horoscopes or other p*sh like that !

Let's be honest, all 3 outcomes are possible this week: whether we like it or not. They are actually one of the strongest teams in the bottom 1/2over the last 6 - 8 matches. We have loads of injuries and although we have finally broken our away duck, we don't have a great away record.

A point apiece is no disaster, but a win for either of us would be huge for the victor and pretty horrible for the loser.

We need this win given our 3 games that follow on after this - we will need to be at our best all over the park for the entire game - simple - if only :ninja

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just realised, that despite how poor we were at scoring goals in the 1st round of games, the Fakes have actually scored 1 less goal that us in the league to date.

They are the lowest scorers. Hearts and Hamilton only have 1 more than us - all these 3 have conceded more than us too...

I'm hoping for improvements on this in the next match ! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Because now we ended up as team of the week and that’s probably a curse which would have been St Johnstone’s curse but it’s now ours. It’s all BuddieinEK’s fault. Booooo.

What about Josh Heaton? If he was actually any decent we could have had clean sheets every game and challenge for the title...

Stubbs , he signed Heaton, and owes us £75000 plus any Salaries he got off us ……………….. 

Edited by DougJamie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Stubbs , he signed Heaton, and owes us £75000 plus any Salaries he got off us ……………….. 

He must have played like Beckenbauer during the V9 and that’s what convinced Stubbs he could cut it at the SPL.

Unless you are suggesting Stubbs can’t spot a player...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
He must have played like Beckenbauer during the V9 and that’s what convinced Stubbs he could cut it at the SPL.
Unless you are suggesting Stubbs can’t spot a player...
I've never seen BiEK and Stubbs at the same time, are they actually the same person.

Its all BiEK's fault.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I hate when people say oh tough game. In the premiership there all tough games and St.Johnstone wont be easy either. Think there a better team than table position shows. But if we can our players back we can win this one. We look better up front with Obika and Morias together. We have a bit more energy in the middle with Magennis and McPherson. Think we can win this. I'm going 2,1 St.Mirren Coys.

Hopefully have Foley and McGinn back for this match which will likely provide JG with some headaches regarding team selection.

Expect he’ll stock with Obika and Morais up front - I can see them giving the Fakes defence a really hard time, which is less experienced and assured without Foster.

Our midfield line up will be interesting.
Foley, Magennis, MacPherson, Durmus ?

2-0 victory. Obika and Morais

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, turrabuddie said:


Hopefully have Foley and McGinn back for this match which will likely provide JG with some headaches regarding team selection.

Expect he’ll stock with Obika and Morais up front - I can see them giving the Fakes defence a really hard time, which is less experienced and assured without Foster.

Our midfield line up will be interesting.
Foley, Magennis, MacPherson, Durmus ?

2-0 victory. Obika and Morais

In full agreement except for "headaches regarding selection".  If Foley is fit he will take McAllister's place as he is injured anyway. If Paul makes it Glover will make way.

Cooke will likely get some more second half game time too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, munoz said:

Our ticket allocation is now sold out for Saturday's game.  Can still patg. 

Thanks Munoz. I will PAYG. 

Interesting game. The Perth Saints have lost a lot of goals playing a young pairing at Centre Back. We have our own challenges there. COTB. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Thanks Munoz. I will PAYG. 

Interesting game. The Perth Saints have lost a lot of goals playing a young pairing at Centre Back. We have our own challenges there. COTB. 

They now have two more experienced defenders playing for them - 1 at CB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Contemplating driving through with the kids tomorrow as the deal of £17 for an adult and 2 kids under 12 is superb. Also saves me having to go to silverburn or Braehead on a Saturday afternoon. 

Football is an expensive business these days and especially as an away fan with all the added costs of getting there etc and the pretty hefty prices some clubs charge.

The deal St Johnstone offer is terrific but just a shame the atmosphere is always pretty rank in the home end and you always see crowds of around 2700 at these games. However, I do think the away end will be bouncing tomorrow with around 800 or so buddies backing mighty mirren.

Would love to get something from this one as our front 2 are starting to click while Cammy is doing really well in midfield alongside Kyle. We just need to hope P McGinn and Foley are back and fit enough to play as we looked pretty poor at the back against Livingston without Broadfoot, The Bank and P McGinn. 

While on I was just wondering if anyone can recommend a decent parking option near the ground within walking distance as don't fancy having to pay another £5 and be stuck in a car park for 30 mins after the game? 

Edited by Mr Zo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mr Zo said:

Contemplating driving through with the kids tomorrow as the deal of £17 for an adult and 2 kids under 12 is superb. Also saves me having to go to silverburn or Braehead on a Saturday afternoon. 

Football is an expensive business these days and especially as an away fan with all the added costs of getting there etc and the pretty hefty prices some clubs charge.

The deal St Johnstone offer is terrific but just a shame the atmosphere is always pretty rank in the home end and you always see crowds of around 2700 at these games. However, I do think the away end will be bouncing tomorrow with around 800 or so buddies backing mighty mirren.

Would love to get something from this one as our front 2 are starting to click while Cammy is doing really well in midfield alongside Kyle. We just need to hope P McGinn and Foley are back and fit enough to play as we looked pretty poor at the back against Livingston without Broadfoot, The Bank and P McGinn. 

While on I was just wondering if anyone can recommend a decent parking option near the ground within walking distance as don't fancy having to pay another £5 and be stuck in a car park for 30 mins after the game? 

And if ur kind you can say all other Sts adults paying to get in are part of your family group and we would all get in for £17 instead of £24 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mr Zo said:

Contemplating driving through with the kids tomorrow as the deal of £17 for an adult and 2 kids under 12 is superb. Also saves me having to go to silverburn or Braehead on a Saturday afternoon. 

Football is an expensive business these days and especially as an away fan with all the added costs of getting there etc and the pretty hefty prices some clubs charge.

The deal St Johnstone offer is terrific but just a shame the atmosphere is always pretty rank in the home end and you always see crowds of around 2700 at these games. However, I do think the away end will be bouncing tomorrow with around 800 or so buddies backing mighty mirren.

Would love to get something from this one as our front 2 are starting to click while Cammy is doing really well in midfield alongside Kyle. We just need to hope P McGinn and Foley are back and fit enough to play as we looked pretty poor at the back against Livingston without Broadfoot, The Bank and P McGinn. 

While on I was just wondering if anyone can recommend a decent parking option near the ground within walking distance as don't fancy having to pay another £5 and be stuck in a car park for 30 mins after the game? 

Can park at the Tesco which is about a 10 min walk away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...