January Signing Targets

Flareybob

I am informed by a very reliable source that the following players are on the list of Jim Goodwin's January targets and I believe that at least 2 of the players will 100% be signing for St Mirren in January.

Yaw Osei (Forward)

Evan Markogiannakis (Goalkeeper)

Michael Nottingham (Defender)

Léger Djimrangar (Midfielder)

I am informed by a very reliable source that the following players are on the list of Jim Goodwin's January targets and I believe that at least 2 of the players will 100% be signing for St Mirren in January.
Yaw Osei (Forward)

Apart from Mr Nottingham, the other three don’t look very inspiring.

9 hours ago, Flareybob said:

Yaw Osei (Forward)

Yeah my 'very reliable source' says we aren't. He said we are signing JimmyLim Wongalongadong and Chewbacca.

10 hours ago, Flareybob said:

Yaw Osei (Forward)

Now it feels like Christmas. Let the festivities begin :clapping :cheers

12 hours ago, Flareybob said:

Yaw Osei (Forward)

Hope your right Bob the squad needs strengthening 🤨 

:offtopic far too often trying to have a pop at others !

MM wonder where I have seen this mirroring of a forum poster's own inadequacies before???  :bounce2

What a life, desperate to ruin a football forum - I feel pity for you ! 

Signing targets - LB, CB plus McLoughlin plus Baird, RM, possibly a GK too  :ninja

8 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

:offtopic far too often trying to have a pop at others !

MM wonder where I have seen this mirroring of a forum poster's own inadequacies before???  :bounce2

What a life, desperate to ruin a football forum - I feel pity for you ! 

Signing targets - LB, CB plus McLoughlin plus Baird, RM, possibly a GK too  :ninja

Isn't there a "Stating the fecking obvious" thread for you? (inappropriate emoji time............:spud7)

Known unknowns. 1. We don't know if our Left Centre Back will still be with the club after the January window. 2. We don't know if our Left Back will be with the club after the window. 3. We have a choice to make on selling on Hladky. We might. Known. 1. Big Mac is injury prone. 2. Big Jack is on loan at Morton. 3. Stephen McGinn has fallen down the pecking order. 4. Ethan has fallen down the pecking order. What to do... 2 Centre Backs.. One Jack Baird. A left back with more physicality and defence minded.  Lewis Morgan or similar as Kyle M is injury prone and looks less than fully fit. Keeper... Craig Gordon on Loan.... But Hearts might get there first. 

10 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Known unknowns. 1. We don't know if our Left Centre Back will still be with the club after the January window. 2. We don't know if our Left Back will be with the club after the window. 3. We have a choice to make on selling on Hladky. We might. Known. 1. Big Mac is injury prone. 2. Big Jack is on loan at Morton. 3. Stephen McGinn has fallen down the pecking order. 4. Ethan has fallen down the pecking order. What to do... 2 Centre Backs.. One Jack Baird. A left back with more physicality and defence minded.  Lewis Morgan or similar as Kyle M is injury prone and looks less than fully fit. Keeper... Craig Gordon on Loan.... But Hearts might get there first. 

1. No guarantee we will let Hladky go. But if the price is right Gordon could be a decent replacement. (He has been injury prone at times too though) AND we have someone lined up.

2. LB is signed to the end of the season. Not sure if he can be recalled, but probably can. Not sure how much he is costing, but we should get someone better. IF we do retain him, he should be the backup.

3. Doubt we will get Morgan back - he is getting 1st team games now.

4. Premiership reserve players is an option too...

We will know more in a months time...  

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

1. No guarantee we will let Hladky go. But if the price is right Gordon could be a decent replacement. (He has been injury prone at times too though) AND we have someone lined up.

2. LB is signed to the end of the season. Not sure if he can be recalled, but probably can. Not sure how much he is costing, but we should get someone better. IF we do retain him, he should be the backup.

3. Doubt we will get Morgan back - he is getting 1st team games now.

4. Premiership reserve players is an option too...

We will know more in a months time...  

I also heard about a possibility of a keeper been targeted. Whether is was for the end of season or for next window I am unsure.

I personally think we need a better left-back with more physicality that can get to the byline and put a decent delivery in.

Celtic have just recently knocked back an approach from Stoke for Morgan, so that gives you an idea of the types of teams that are already showing an interest. I do agree we need a bit of a spark on the wing, as McAllister has not shown any signs of last seasons form and seems to be back to the injury table. I'm sure this is an area that the club will be scouting for. I thought though that Djorkaeff could operate on the left-side of midfield? He doesn't seem to be getting his opportunity at all.

For me, a LB, Winger (If not Djorkaeff) and possibly cover at centre half. We would all love a free scoring striker, then who wouldn't? I think with Cody Cooks return, he could add some value to our frontline.

33 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

I also heard about a possibility of a keeper been targeted. Whether is was for the end of season or for next window I am unsure.

I personally think we need a better left-back with more physicality that can get to the byline and put a decent delivery in.

Celtic have just recently knocked back an approach from Stoke for Morgan, so that gives you an idea of the types of teams that are already showing an interest. I do agree we need a bit of a spark on the wing, as McAllister has not shown any signs of last seasons form and seems to be back to the injury table. I'm sure this is an area that the club will be scouting for. I thought though that Djorkaeff could operate on the left-side of midfield? He doesn't seem to be getting his opportunity at all.

For me, a LB, Winger (If not Djorkaeff) and possibly cover at centre half. We would all love a free scoring striker, then who wouldn't? I think with Cody Cooks return, he could add some value to our frontline.

Decent response Kevo

2 hours ago, kevo_smfc said:

GK would come in during January or at the end of the season, however, he is a player like many others, so other teams might sign.

Our LB does not offer enough defensively or going forward.

I don't think the Djork is good enough. When he did play he gave away the ball and we lost a goal straight from it. Will he improve or will he be let go?

Cooke is back, but at the moment to improve his match fitness he is getting part of the 2nd half in games. Given the Obika and Morais are clicking pretty well recently, it is hard to see either being dropped for Cooke unless it is through injury or suspension.

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

Given the Obika and Morais are clicking pretty well recently, it is hard to see either being dropped for Cooke unless it is through injury or suspension.

Would seem a bit fool hardy not to play Cooke at some point, minus injury and suspension.  Are you assuming he might not score as many or any goals.  

He'll be in as soon as their luck runs out.

On 12/17/2019 at 12:09 AM, Flareybob said:

Yaw Osei (Forward)

Hoping you’re right 👍