January Signing Targets

Flareybob

1 hour ago, pod said:

Would seem a bit fool hardy not to play Cooke at some point, minus injury and suspension.  Are you assuming he might not score as many or any goals.  

He'll be in as soon as their luck runs out.

You may well be right in various circumstances - it makes sense to rotate, especially if one player drops their form or to keep them all vying for a berth in the starting 11, or if a player has a wee knock it gives them recovery time etc.

I was mainly thinking about how few games he was fit for last time around and other than his hat-trick he was not too lethal previously either. I do think he should be a bit further developed now though and he definitely appears to have that killer instinct a striker needs.

I won't make any assumptions as I have no idea how many goals he will score, but that is true for the other three strikers as well. I would hope Obika hits 12 - 14, Morais 6 - 8 and Cooke to hit 4 -7 minimum. Mullen might even get 3 or 4 as well. I will be pleasantly surprised if our strikers hit these numbers of goals or surpass them...

How many do you think the strikers will score (SC and League) ?

On 12/19/2019 at 5:14 AM, St.Ricky said:

24 Hours to Save the Earth. 

Flash.. Saviour of the Universe 

6 weeks till the window closes, 5 months till the season finishes - but are you sending us a coded message - is one of our new signings gor the name "Gordon" Flash ah ah...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest TPAFKATS
Yeah my 'very reliable source' says we aren't. He said we are signing JimmyLim Wongalongadong and Chewbacca.
Is Wongalongadong coming in to stiffen up the midfield?

33 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
On 12/17/2019 at 9:54 AM, truesaint said:
Yeah my 'very reliable source' says we aren't. He said we are signing JimmyLim Wongalongadong and Chewbacca.

Is Wongalongadong coming in to stiffen up the midfield?

I heard Martin Hardie was coming out of retirement.

15 hours ago, mattman said:

Ryan is better than any striker we currently have imo.

I actually agree with you in terms of his ability to score goals  - I was simply playing on the surname...

However, he has only featured in 3 games all season for Blackpool. Last time he was with us he was poor, but he did well elsewhere against us. :cheers