January Signing Targets

Flareybob

7 minutes ago, JM1 said:
3 hours ago, Prague Buddie said:
I have it on good authority that we are looking at a young Leeds Utd striker called Ryan Edmondson. 
Watch this space! 

Will surely be going to a much bigger club than us.

What does our Leeds Based Buddie have to say? 

Wasted ? He will be earning serious money playing in a far better league if this move happens. Celtic will have been a stepping stone for him should this come to pass.

Another example of a young player getting there head turned by the gruesome twosome only for it to go tits up a great player wasted again. 

25 minutes ago, elvis said:

Another example of a young player getting there head turned by the gruesome twosome only for it to go tits up a great player wasted again. 

If he does well enough over there, which I believe he will (I watch the MLS regularly), he may get a bigger move in the future. Still young at 23.

Great move for him to show what he can do, with a tremendous lifestyle to add to it. All eyes will be on Beckhams team come the new season.

6 hours ago, elvis said:

Agreed.

Playing in an up and coming league in one of the most popular cities in the world, beautiful weather, fantastic holiday spots an hour north or south's drive/flight and presumably making a packet. When he could have gone to erm...Sunderland again or maybe Edinburgh.

Career over, right enough!:lol: 

In all seriousness, if I was a talented young footballer (which I am not), I'd be asking my agent to hawk me to a club like Miami or Orlando. I'd be jumping a flight down to the Keys every chance I got. He'll have a f**king great life out there.

Edited by djchapsticks

17 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Wasted ? He will be earning serious money playing in a far better league if this move happens. Celtic will have been a stepping stone for him should this come to pass.

He also had a season with Sunderland and got some playing time including in CL qualifiers 

23 hours ago, kevo_smfc said:

If he does well enough over there, which I believe he will (I watch the MLS regularly), he may get a bigger move in the future. Still young at 23.

Great move for him to show what he can do, with a tremendous lifestyle to add to it. All eyes will be on Beckhams team come the new season.

YES THIS ^^^^

23 and playing for big money in the states at a good standard with a great lifestyle and super weather for much of the year. Phenomenal places to visit and just another stepping stone to somewhere even better in future...

Nevertheless it does us no harm that we helped him to develop - other young prospects TAKE NOTE !  

The only down side of the move is he's going to live in Florida, home of the worst gun toting, Trump supporting, right wing reactionary, pig ignorant, uneducated, sons of bitches you could ever wish to meet.  On holiday you don't meet these people but spend some time there and you're falling over them every day all sporting NRA bumper stickers and letting 8 and 9 year olds play with an Uzi at the firing range of which there are hundreds.  It seems to be legal to kill people under their "stand your ground" self-defence law (but I think that only applies to white people).  As for the weather, it's far too hot to enjoy out of doors and then there's the hurricanes, tornadoes, flooding (very flat, Florida) and the humidity is unbearable from about April to November.  I hope he makes his money, keeps his head down and plays a blinder so he gets a decent move back to this side of the pond.

19 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

The only down side of the move is he's going to live in Florida, home of the worst gun toting, Trump supporting, right wing reactionary, pig ignorant, uneducated, sons of bitches you could ever wish to meet.  On holiday you don't meet these people but spend some time there and you're falling over them every day all sporting NRA bumper stickers and letting 8 and 9 year olds play with an Uzi at the firing range of which there are hundreds.  It seems to be legal to kill people under their "stand your ground" self-defence law (but I think that only applies to white people).  As for the weather, it's far too hot to enjoy out of doors and then there's the hurricanes, tornadoes, flooding (very flat, Florida) and the humidity is unbearable from about April to November.  I hope he makes his money, keeps his head down and plays a blinder so he gets a decent move back to this side of the pond.

Didn't you get into Disney? :lol: 

58 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

Certainly another take on the move. One way or another, I hope he gets game time, impresses and makes further career moves.