Kirk Broadfoot

uhura

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

They can have Waters back I hope . . .

We could do with a LB than can defend, header, add something to our attack and not constantly pass backwards . . .

Slightly harsh Sweeper. I think he can put in a decent cross when he gets far enough up the park. 

2 hours ago, uhura said:

I see Killie have sacked the manager Might Broadfoot be recalled from loan. I hope not, he’s been decent when I’ve seen him. 

I think Waters is also on loan from them. 

Some rumours are saying he’s joining Everton’s backroom staff, which would probably mean he wasn’t actually sacked.

They can have Waters back I hope . . .

We could do with a LB than can defend, header, add something to our attack and not constantly pass backwards . . .

Let’s try and get ourselves more than two fullbacks before talking about getting rid of the current ones. Our defence is bare enough...

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Slightly harsh Sweeper. I think he can put in a decent cross when he gets far enough up the park. 

Seriously - he gets in an occasional cross !  Poorest LB in the top league and should be in the Championship (lower half). He was easily passed for the 3rd on Saturday and was at fault in a number of our games - costing us a number of goals. Worst I remember was RC up there - Ross Stewart has a field day against him..

Only my opinion, but we need a LB who is able to defend better and add something going forwards. Muzek was a much better LB defensively and a wee bit better going forward. 

Along with better options at CB, LB is the easiest position to improve on all season long.

1 hour ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Let’s try and get ourselves more than two fullbacks before talking about getting rid of the current ones. Our defence is bare enough...

Point is he is costing us on loan wages and in terms of points regularly.

Lets get 2 or 3 new FB's since that is one of the priorities. It is crazy playing Waters and Flynn at FB - there is no guarantee Paul will not miss more games too...

Even having Baird back is a better option at RB as well as his obvious CB ability . . . 

Guest TPAFKATS
Lets get 2 or 3 new FB's since that is one of the priorities. It is crazy playing Waters and Flynn at FB - there is no guarantee Paul will not miss more games too...
Even having Baird back is a better option at RB as well as his obvious CB ability . . . [emoji460]
Has Baird ever played right back?

8 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
On 12/17/2019 at 7:14 PM, Sweeper07 said:
Even having Baird back is a better option at RB as well as his obvious CB ability . . . emoji460.png

Vague memory of him playing there in a home game, think it was under Rae or Murray. May have been hooked before half time?

Vague memory of him playing there in a home game, think it was under Rae or Murray. May have been hooked before half time?
It was against Livingston, he gave away a penalty for booting Hippolyte and generally looked about as comfortable there as you'd expect.

I think we had six or seven different players at right back over the course of that season!

12 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
On 12/17/2019 at 7:14 PM, Sweeper07 said:
Even having Baird back is a better option at RB as well as his obvious CB ability . . . emoji460.png

He has certainly covered RB playing in a 3 CB role, but I think he has also covered RB at some point. (Vauge memories of him going up the right wing a number of times in a match - might have been in the Championship though...

The point is he can cover it IF he is back with us. Crazy situation having only 2 FB's and 3 CBs in a Premiership squad, with the fall back plan of playing people out of position or a reserve player in 3 from 4 defensive positions..

Edited by Sweeper07

He has certainly covered RB playing in a 3 CB role, but I think he has also covered RB at some point. (Vauge memories of him going up the right wing a number of times in a match - might have been in the Championship though...

The point is he can cover it IF he is back with us. Crazy situation having only 2 FB's and 3 CBs in a Premiership squad, with the fall back plan of playing people out of position or a reserve player in 3 from 4 defensive positions..

Big difference playing the right hand side of a back 3 and playing RB. I wouldn’t put him down as RB cover, but agree that it was a risk letting him go out on loan in terms of CB cover.