The Jamie Langfield Temporary Interviews Thread

shull

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, it's a fantastic piece. I love the insight into how being trained in recruitment has changed his outlook. When you add that to his natural love for our club, I can't think of anyone better to be selling St Mirren to potential signings.

That picture of Goodwin locking eyes with the Saints support as he lifts the LC trophy gets me every time, mind.

Edited by Magic Monkey

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

9 goals conceded from crosses or corners?  Can we not defend?

Counter to that is we get a goal from a defensive mistake - can we not create and score from our own creativity and quality??????

Why has MacPherson been dropped? It's unbelievable.

On the counter is Erwin and Connolly add something to what we had...

On 9/20/2020 at 9:12 PM, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I have no idea what the stats are but surely it can’t be that far off 75% of all goals come from corners or crosses??

Seems like an odd statement to make. 

JG made it and for a man who boasted of his great defensive (captain) captures, we are NOT in command of our penalty area in the air - which is shocking. I do admit that some of the issues are midfielders and forwards (Supposedly back helping) who are not covering their man and that is very poor indeed.

Edited by Sweeper07

17 minutes ago, shull said:

JG's commitment is undeniable but I have to disagree with his choice of sub.  He said he'd bring on a defender well, as soon as you step back to defend its an open invitation for the opposition to attack and let's face it that's how they score.  I still believe the best method of defence is to attack.  As the losing team pulls out all the stops to win or equalise, they expose  their defence and that's when we attack rather that sit back waiting for the inevitable goal against us.

Edited by Desperately Seeking Susans

2 hours ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

JG's commitment is undeniable but I have to disagree with his choice of sub.  He said he'd bring on a defender well, as soon as you step back to defend its an open invitation for the opposition to attack and let's face it that's how they score.  I still believe the best method of defence is to attack.  As the losing team pulls out all the stops to win or equalise, they expose  their defence and that's when we attack rather that sit back waiting for the inevitable goal against us.

Agree.  I would rather lose a league game trying to win it. Especially this early in the season. I didn't see Ross County sitting back playing for a point a few weeks ago...  Jim saying he wants the team to be more positive and not before time. But then says he would have liked to put on more defensive types in the last 5mins... so a knackered morias is more defensive than a fresh forward...  old habits die hard 

• 4 weeks later...