Rangers v St Mirren, Wed 22nd Jan 2020

faraway saint

Unlikely perhaps, but, an opportunity to get a shock result as we play our friends from Govan. As the song says: "I'll be there" Looking forward to getting there early and getting a bite to eat before enjoying the game. Thanks again for the recommendation Shull. 

9 minutes ago, shull said:

Best recommendation is not to give money to that vile Club.

I admit it. I'm addicted to following the Saints. How does it go.." Hello, Hello, I am a Paisley Boy",, ", Follow, Follow, I will follow St Mirren, Anywhere, Everywhere, I will follow on and if we go to Ibrox then I will follow on. " Hope I am singing the Obika song later. 

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

Unlikely perhaps, but, an opportunity to get a shock result as we play our friends from Govan. As the song says: "I'll be there" Looking forward to getting there early and getting a bite to eat before enjoying the game. Thanks again for the recommendation Shull. 

Will ye? You've not told us this before. 🤡

16 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

This should result in an instant ban.

The only acceptable terms for these guys are Sevvies, Zombies, Scum, Cunts and Filthy Inbred Wankers.

Come on Cornwall. Put this in context. My father was Polish. Whilst Poland was still under Soviet Rule, he visited his family. The phrase they used to describe the Russians was.. Our Russian Friends as they sought out ways to cause irritance to their larger neighbours. 

Every away game thread to either one of the two arse cheeks follows a similar pattern on here.

Pre game optimism; this is our chance, they aren’t that good really. Can see us getting something.

Then we get the inevitable defeat. Then the post match mewling about how rubbish we are.

The reality is we’ll almost certainly lose tonight for the simple reason that they’re much better than us. As they should be given the financial disparity.

Am I right I’m saying we haven’t won at Ibrox since 1978? I knew it was ages ago but didn’t realise it was that far back. I knew when we last won at Parkhead, that was such a momentous result that we still sing songs about it to this day.

7 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Every away game thread to either one of the two arse cheeks follows a similar pattern on here.

Pre game optimism; this is our chance, they aren’t that good really. Can see us getting something.

Then we get the inevitable defeat. Then the post match mewling about how rubbish we are.

The reality is we’ll almost certainly lose tonight for the simple reason that they’re much better than us. As they should be given the financial disparity.

Am I right I’m saying we haven’t won at Ibrox since 1978? I knew it was ages ago but didn’t realise it was that far back. I knew when we last won at Parkhead, that was such a momentous result that we still sing songs about it to this day.

Pre match optimism? 

Not from this source. 

Pragmatically.. We could win

But.. Unlikely 

Historically.. We tend to lose. 

The endearing nature of the game is that, however slim, there is always that chance of an upset. So.. I'll be there hoping for but not expecting, a point or three. 

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The best "recent," result for me was the 1-1 game. Last minute, great move from the back, out wide and Thommo right there to stuck it away.

The usual nastiness outside, there all cheery when they win, but the smile wasn't moving from my face for a day or two. 

Depending how long “recent” is, I think we also managed a 1-1 draw at Scumbrox to finish off Paul Le Guen.

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Come on Cornwall. Put this in context. My father was Polish. Whilst Poland was still under Soviet Rule, he visited his family. The phrase they used to describe the Russians was.. Our Russian Friends as they sought out ways to cause irritance to their larger neighbours. 

If you want to irritate a Sevvie, just call them a Zombie and tell them Rangers died in 2012. They hate being reminded that the club they support is dead, hence the attempt to pretend that this current version is the same thing.

My favourite win at Ibrox was a 2-1 victory back when the Broomloan Road stand was being rebuilt and we were housed in the enclosure below the main stand.

We were 1-0 up at half time thanks to a cracking goal by Frank McDougall. Then in the second half the inevitable happened. That little diving prick John McDonald threw himself to the floor in the box as he did on a regular basis and the mason in the black duly obliged. Sandy Jardine scored the penalty and the usual sinking feeling set in. Big Dougie Somner had other ideas though and came up with a scrappy late winner in the mud to send us all daft.

Anyone else at that game? 

19 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The best "recent," result for me was the 1-1 game. Last minute, great move from the back, out wide and Thommo right there to stuck it away.

The usual nastiness outside, there all cheery when they win, but the smile wasn't moving from my face for a day or two. 

I was in the club deck up in the clouds that game,  courtesy of a freebie. Probably the hardest thing ever not to celebrate the equaliser. 

Edited by munoz

25 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

My favourite win at Ibrox was a 2-1 victory back when the Broomloan Road stand was being rebuilt and we were housed in the enclosure below the main stand.

We were 1-0 up at half time thanks to a cracking goal by Frank McDougall. Then in the second half the inevitable happened. That little diving prick John McDonald threw himself to the floor in the box as he did on a regular basis and the mason in the black duly obliged. Sandy Jardine scored the penalty and the usual sinking feeling set in. Big Dougie Somner had other ideas though and came up with a scrappy late winner in the mud to send us all daft.

I thought Bone scored our first in that game or it could be a different game although there haven't been many. Quite a tense atmosphere in the enclosure that day....

4 hours ago, TopCat said:

Naw !

November 1991 for Saints' last win at Ibrox when Kevin McGowne scored the only goal in a 1-0 win.

Post #49