Rangers v St Mirren, Wed 22nd Jan 2020

faraway saint

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

Look on the positive side... Aberdeen are currently pish!

Actually you do make a decent point (shock, horror). berdeen are utter pish - just a one-man team, if Cosgrove wasn't doing the biz for them they'd probably be in the bottom 6 IMO.

We must have a real go at this mob on Sunday. I believe that they are vulnerable (as Motherwell have proved tonight), and that McInnes is nothing but a blue-nosed shyster that got lucky !! Ex-Morton scum.

Yet we can only take advantage of this weekend's opportunity if we take the game to this lot. No "parking the bus" on Sunday, let's get stuck right intae them from the start !!!

6 minutes ago, delpierro said:

Anther f**king shite-bag performance
To be a professional SPL team, and only manage 1 attempt at goal is a f**king embarrassment.
In future just give these cunts the 3pts.

We were playing against a team that's lost one league game , scored 54 and conceded 11 goals. 

We went with a game plan that could have easily worked out. 

Reality check needed.

40 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Line up with the "It's only a lucky goal that beat us" posts.

Tragic IMO, no attempt to win the game.

1-0, never mind, Aberdeen next, they are pish. 

Wow, I'm on fire. 

Jeezo, no ambition, no chance of winning the game let alone a massive morale boost of the draw. 

How far have slipped? 

Edited by faraway saint

We were playing against a team that's lost one league game , scored 54 and conceded 11 goals. 
We went with a game plan that could have easily worked out. 
Reality check needed.
I will never accept a professional fitba' team having 1 shitty attempt on goals over 90mins.
It breeds and instils anxiety in players cone their next visits.

33 minutes ago, munoz said:

Had a half decent spell second half. 

Need to remember we were playing against the form team of the league pre break. 

Now on to the games we have genuine chance of winning.

Don't buy this

We should be looking to get points out of every game

More importantly try to give some back

Half the team picked up injuries tonight

At least stand up to them

1 minute ago, windae cleaner said:

Don't buy this

We should be looking to get points out of every game

More importantly try to give some back

Half the team picked up injuries tonight

At least stand up to them

We were looking for points. 

We picked up injuries because they were trying.  

Hard to say happy with any defeat but we never defended poorly as a unit. Coming away from ibrox and keeping the goal difference down is fair enough.
I'd have been concerned if Rangers had besieged us and we had led a charmed life but we were quite defensively comfortable for the most part. We're a stuffy side and I'm OK with that this season.
I can only compare to the numerous times we went to Ibrox and Parkhead last season and were 4-0 down in 20 minutes. That doesn't look like happening so often any more.

For all SEVCO’s Possession, Hladky hardly had a save o make. One early first half from Defoe and a couple of hopefully efforts my mother would have saved. I thought we defended well though a couple of scary moments due to bad passing out of defence.

49 minutes ago, munoz said:

Had a half decent spell second half. 

Need to remember we were playing against the form team of the league pre break. 

Now on to the games we have genuine chance of winning.

Spot on Munoz. 

First half, Rangers could have scored 4 or more. But they didn't. 

Now in to the "real" competition. 

One thing the guys didn't do was lie down. 

Just back from that hell hole, don’t even know why I bother, fair play sit back, but if your down a goal it’s pretty much pointless playing the same tactic, we where compact but going forward have zero pace or creativity, annoying having to pay almost 40 quid when you include transport and grub and we only actually attack a wee bit towards the end, I’d rather a team went for it then that pish, giving them way more more respect than they deserve.

Best player in the stripes for me was Sam Foley.

couldnt see from our corner but what happened with Magennis ? Did Flanagan catch him or did he just pull up it was hard to tell?

2 minutes ago, mattman said:

Just back from that hell hole, don’t even know why I bother, fair play sit back, but if your down a goal it’s pretty much pointless playing the same tactic, we where compact but going forward have zero pace or creativity, annoying having to pay almost 40 quid when you include transport and grub and we only actually attack a wee bit towards the end, I’d rather a team went for it then that pish, giving them way more more respect than they deserve.

couldnt see from our corner but what happened with Magennis ? Did Flanagan catch him or did he just pull up it was hard to tell?

Aye, tonight was NEVER going to be one of them memories people have been posting about in this thread. 

Many R*angers fans saying that was as pish as they've played all season.

A one goal defeat at this hellhole isn't a bad result but to only muster one attempt on goal against an off form R*ngers isn't great.

Defence was well disciplined and maybe our negative game plan made them look pish?

Aberdeen are well beatable on Sunday.

3 minutes ago, Buffs said:

Many R*angers fans saying that was as pish as they've played all season.

A one goal defeat at this hellhole isn't a bad result but to only muster one attempt on goal against an off form R*ngers isn't great.

Defence was well disciplined and maybe our negative game plan made them look pish?

Aberdeen are well beatable on Sunday.

Pretty apparent from watching the game.

An opportunity lost.

Hope to heck this doesn't come back to haunt us at the end of the season. 

6 minutes ago, mattman said:

Please don’t start another troll session on this thread it’s brain numbing 🤯

Merely being helpful. 

I thought we did well in containing Rangers.

They looked slick in the first half and could have scored a few times. 

There were bright spots

Yes.. Foley played well. 

I liked the way that the St Mirren Fans joined in the minute's applause on 13 minutes and was pleased to hear the Rangers fans applaud Magennis as he passed them on the stretcher. A nice, if unexpected, touch 

Edited by St.Ricky

5 hours ago, Hiram Abiff said:

Famewo starts again

@Sweeper07 told us that he’d hardly ever play 😂

Macoherson starts and Erhahon on the bench

@Bud the Baker told us they weren’t part of the first team squad 😜

No I didn't C'apn - I said that there is a difference between having a squad number and being part of the first team picture ie getting game time. My argument was that squad pre-Christmas was too small, effectively only 19 players, that  Breadner, Erhahon & MacPherson were development players not fully trusted by JG & shouldn't be considered as full squad members. I differentiated between CM & the other two as he was back up for when Waters was unable to play against Killie but that he wouldn't get any other game time until there was no alternative - which turned out to be correct. 😜

I'm pleased to see CM progress to being a first team player under the circumstances that I predicted and when I turn out to be wrong about Erhahon then I'll say so, although the fact that he still didn't get on the pitch against Rangers with 3 midfielders missing (after Magennis went off) shows his position in the pecking order.😜

Edited by Bud the Baker

Aye opening up worked well at Tynecastle !!! A lot of people need to get real if they seriously think we should be going toe to toe at Ibrox or Parkhead. So far our tactics against both cheeks have been spot on. It's the only way you give yourself any chance of getting something out the game against teams like that. Like it or not both are vastly superior to us.

I will never accept a professional fitba' team having 1 shitty attempt on goals over 90mins.
It breeds and instils anxiety in players cone their next visits.

8 hours ago, mattman said:

Genuinely not having a go Mattman, but if last night came as a surprise to you and you begrudge paying your £40 for it, then I’d seriously consider not going next time if I were you. Because the next game and the next one after that and the next one after that will be the exact same. These games have become simply an exercise in trying not to lose. To that end ie our defensive performance it was decent and we walk away not having been humiliated like a lot of teams have at Ibrox this season. As for the tactics remaining the same after we went a goal down. That is an common tactic in these situations to continue to try to just stay in the game until about 15/20 to go, then try to have a go. That’s what we did, but when our little period came towards the end we simply weren’t good enough.

Like I say though, we walk away with no damage to our confidence and bring on the Sheep.