Rangers v St Mirren, Wed 22nd Jan 2020

faraway saint

Just now, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

"I would rather lose 5-0 having a go than 1-0 sitting back" is the statement of a complete and utter thicko who doesn't understand how a league works and how promotion and relegation is determined.

It's just about acceptable in a cup game, but even then it's still a pretty pointless and stupid statement.

Where is it written you'd have lost 5-0 FFS. 

At the end of the day we got nothing partly because we didn't try to get anything.

Haven't Rangers already lost to a diddy team this season? 

3 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

If Hladky plays another dozens games at Ibrox he will never have an easier night. One save he made all night. We were good at the back. But hopeless upfront. Obika I'm afraid not good enough. Coys.

Santaponsa. Obika played alone up front for most of the game and was covered by two decent centre backs. Once we freed a player to move forward later in the game, he was able to find another player. 

1 minute ago, WeeBud said:

Really, so where did you comment on them, I must have missed that!!

You can't have read other posts I've made in the past. No reason you should have but I am happy to highlight bad behaviour as well as good by our own fans and others. Last night was about the good on both sides. 

3 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

You can't have read other posts I've made in the past. No reason you should have but I am happy to highlight bad behaviour as well as good by our own fans and others. Last night was about the good on both sides. 

You made a comment based on situations of last night, you only commented on the "good" part of their behaviour and by good I mean something that any other human would see as normal and completely ignored the other part of their behaviour. In other words a totally unbalanced report on what actually happened!!

Just now, WeeBud said:

You made a comment based on situations of last night, you only commented on the "good" part of their behaviour and by good I mean something that any other human would see as normal and completely ignored the other part of their behaviour. In other words a totally unbalanced report on what actually happened!!

Not really. You seem to be stuck in a them and us mode where we are the good guys and others are the bad guys. Sure, Rangers fans initially thought Magennis was time wasting. When they realised he wasn't, they showed him respect. End of. 

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

Not really. You seem to be stuck in a them and us mode where we are the good guys and others are the bad guys. Sure, Rangers fans initially thought Magennis was time wasting. When they realised he wasn't, they showed him respect. End of. 

Nonsense, no them and us from me....if our fans had acted like clowns I would have just as quickly mentioned it. You on the other hand chose to highlight only one aspect of their behaviour.

13 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Where is it written you'd have lost 5-0 FFS. 

At the end of the day we got nothing partly because we didn't try to get anything.

Haven't Rangers already lost to a diddy team this season? 

I didn't say anyone had written it did I? 😏 Just Faraway'd you there!

I just mean that the statement, or anything vaguely resembling it, is moronic. Do you disagree?

5 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

Nonsense, no them and us from me....if our fans had acted like clowns I would have just as quickly mentioned it. You on the other hand chose to highlight only one aspect of their behaviour.

As I said, I chose to highlight positives involving both sets of fans. 

It almost worked last night, but we never quite seen it through. The goal we lost was one of those ones, ricochet of the ball and in the back of the net. 

I agree with how we set up was the right approach, though the only criticism if any i will give, is that we left it too late in the game to make the changes to put more forward thinking players on the park. 

Rangers were expected on their first home game back from winter break to be on a high, though we frustrated them.

We move on and look forward to a more positive tactical approach in our next game as Goody made us aware of.

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

So that's our aim?
Be Hamilton and maybe avoid the play offs, not relegation on goal difference?
That's a piss poor outlook.

NAW that is not our AIM. We are progressing every year and if we finish on better goal difference but the same points as any other team we pick up more prise money. If it happens to stop us being in the play-off,  then that is better than having to be in the play-off... is that not simple enough for you?

So tell us about you top notch outlook  - we could all do with a laugh :bounce2

TRY reading previous post about how others have fared there this season . . . then re-read it and see if you can get it to stay in your head for more than a few milliseconds . . :hammer

7 minutes ago, cockles1987 said:

Guess who wrote this for the Celtic game last month?

"Damage limitation for this one. Batten down the hatches, keep everyone fit and available for the Killie game. Those are the three points we can pick up!"

The meltdowns have affected his memory or it's just hypocrisy from him again.

~Yes he blows with the wind - but strangely enough the end of his post is optimistic that we could get 3 points from Killie and we did . . .

He's a character indeed !

1 hour ago, shull said:

It is them and us. 

Generally , the fans of the 40 Diddy Clubs are decent human beings. 

And Sevco and Celtic fans are absolute fecking vile scum. 

Every time you take a step forward, you take two back. Here in the present we have the Rangers Captain Blessing himself as he runs onto the park. Changed and changing times Shull. 

56 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

NAW that is not our AIM. We are progressing every year and if we finish on better goal difference but the same points as any other team we pick up more prise money. If it happens to stop us being in the play-off,  then that is better than having to be in the play-off... is that not simple enough for you?

So tell us about you top notch outlook  - we could all do with a laugh :bounce2

TRY reading previous post about how others have fared there this season . . . then re-read it and see if you can get it to stay in your head for more than a few milliseconds . . :hammer

For me, this year is all about gaining stability within the squad, management and avoiding the relegation playoffs. For me that would be good enough progress in our first full season with our manager. Anything above that is an added bonus. 

"I would rather lose 5-0 having a go than 1-0 sitting back" is the statement of a complete and utter thicko who doesn't understand how a league works and how promotion and relegation is determined.
It's just about acceptable in a cup game, but even then it's still a pretty pointless and stupid statement.
And what happens if it comes down goal difference at the end of the season and they 4 goals in a 5.0 defeat relegates us. Dont think your being sensible.

Santaponsa. Obika played alone up front for most of the game and was covered by two decent centre backs. Once we freed a player to move forward later in the game, he was able to find another player. 
It's not just last night. Hes over 6ft tall and never gets on a header in the box in any game. I want to be wrong. But that's why Gus and Goody are searching for a new striker cos hes so good. Mullen and Cooke must shit in training if they cant get a game in front of him.

10 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:
2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

And what happens if it comes down goal difference at the end of the season and they 4 goals in a 5.0 defeat relegates us. Dont think your being sensible.

And I don't think you're reading my post properly SPS.

Clearly wasn't at the McGowne or Mcdowall wins, both were 1v0 backs to the wall and nick one type victories. Laughable you of all people complaining those who were willing to pay their money were somehow conned / robbed - irony doesn't even come close !

Outplayed as in they had more if the ball as we were sitting deep. 
It's purely objective, glad I didn't pay £29 plus extras to watch a team setting for a narrow defeat.
The few brilliant memories people have of Ibrox are when we've had a go, that wasn't happening last night. 

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Clearly wasn't at the McGowne or Mcdowall wins, both were 1v0 backs to the wall and nick one type victories. Laughable you of all people complaining those who were willing to pay their money were somehow conned / robbed - irony doesn't even come close !

I was at both- Yes you are correct we got thrashed in both but McDowell game he dislocated Woods arm then popped in the net, VAR might have disallowed.

Mind you that made it all the sweeter

34 minutes ago, kevo_smfc said:

For me, this year is all about gaining stability within the squad, management and avoiding the relegation playoffs. For me that would be good enough progress in our first full season with our manager. Anything above that is an added bonus. 

I agree in the main - our primary goal is to stay up... given the chaos trying to progress these last few years, a bit of stability would be a good platform to build upon too.

It's easy to see the thinking about this in club statements.  JG here on a 3 year contract and a number of his players being on deals already signed to be here next season.

It is tougher this year and we are still in with the mix for 7th place or thereabouts. Our more recent form has been much better than early season, but we are not resting on our laurels having signed 3 decent guys while our rivals have hardly done anything. But we don't have brilliant strength and depth, given that

Gary MacK , S McGinn, K McAllister, K Magennis are all injured, but assuming Kirk will be back soon. On our website for the 1st team we list 25 players :-

However, Baird is 1 and is out on loan , The Djork another, Breadner another along with Erhahon neither of which seem to get any game time (The later despite Waters being our weakest link)

So the 25 are down to 18 or 19 with perhaps some of the injured guys returning at some point - possible taking us back to 22.

We could be at risk in the midfield and a better striker is always a desired addition. So I think to kick on 2 more good players in is most desirable, even if the likes of the Djork or Breadner go out on loan.