Rangers v St Mirren, Wed 22nd Jan 2020

faraway saint

45 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Clearly wasn't at the McGowne or Mcdowall wins, both were 1v0 backs to the wall and nick one type victories. Laughable you of all people complaining those who were willing to pay their money were somehow conned / robbed - irony doesn't even come close !

Remind me of the criteria for commenting on posts? 

A sure sign you've lost the debate and you join the clueless group, one of who's has already liked your pish reply, well done.

Keep it up, you'll be shouting about aliases again soon. :lol:

PS I see the king of Trolls has pounced below, pity he's on ignore, cant read his predictable pish. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Remind me of the criteria for commenting on posts? 

A sure sign you've lost the debate and you join the clueless group, one of who's has already liked your pish reply, well done.

Keep it up, you'll be shouting about aliases again soon. :lol:

You protest too much. 

Simple.. You. 

Those who go and pay see the whole pitch and player movement on and off the ball. Watching TV the camera and the viewer follows the ball. 

TV does have the benefit of close ups and replays. 

On balance, I'd go with the opinions of those who attend the games. 

I would just remind me of a phrase you tend to use often. 

Paraphrased.. Don't tell me or anyone else how to spend their money. 

Edited by St.Ricky

I remember my tentative celebrations for the McDowall goal.

Remember glancing back and forth between the ref, the linesman and the ball in the back of the net, just waiting for one of them to signal that it wasn't a goal.

Tentative celebrations for the McGowne goal too, seeing as I was in the West Enclosure, with a free ticket, surrounded by buckled ****.

I get it now..! Doh...!The board told us they write these games off and kick kids out of their seats to underline it...!

The manager told us he writes these games off and only tries in the last five minutes, even though we are beat anyway, and the opposition are playing poorly.!

And some fans tell us they write these games off and are happy to take a beating, even when it's obvious we could fight back..!

No wonder some call us St Liedown..!

You’d be moaning if we opened up

& took a hammering,Rangers were on an off night but they were still streets ahead of us.

Every game against these 2 it’s the same moaning posts from the same people.

Thank goodness no one listens to them. Spot on tactics from the manager last night and I expect us to play the same way against teams with 10x the budget of ourselves moving forward.

Yet, killie, Motherwell, livvy all appear tae offer more on the attack front when playing against the Old Firm
If you instil a shite bag attitude prior to the gane, then you get shite bags.

16 minutes ago, delpierro said:

Yet, killie, Motherwell, livvy all appear tae offer more on the attack front when playing against the Old Firm

JG did what he is paid to do and that is to set up the team as he sees fit. Having been at Tynecastle, I can assure you that last night felt better than the result did then. 

2 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:
4 hours ago, St.Ricky said:
Santaponsa. Obika played alone up front for most of the game and was covered by two decent centre backs. Once we freed a player to move forward later in the game, he was able to find another player. 

It's not just last night. Hes over 6ft tall and never gets on a header in the box in any game. I want to be wrong. But that's why Gus and Goody are searching for a new striker cos hes so good. Mullen and Cooke must shit in training if they cant get a game in front of him.

A run of the mill striker with a first touch and some aerial prowess and we'd easily be cruising in at least 7th right now.

Clearly wasn't at the McGowne or Mcdowall wins, both were 1v0 backs to the wall and nick one type victories.

Naw. The 1991 fits your description but 1989 they played around an hour with Ian Ferguson in goal and it was they who were 'backs to the wall' in protecting him. We should have won that game much more comfortably.

And guess what....all 3 lost at Ibrox like we did last night (1v0, 2v1 & 3v1) so the appearance must have been deceptive.

8 hours ago, faraway saint said:

What you're failing to take into account is the Rangers team last night would struggle to beat Renfrew.

They were poor all over the park, my mate who was their said that was the worst they've played this season and we never laid a glove on them. 

My planned response has been suggested by a couple here - was Sevco’s “poor” performance in any way attributed to our defensive tactics? It seems commonplace that whenever a “big” team doesn’t win, or doesn’t win convincingly it’s because they were shite, and often the credit isn’t given to the opposition who may well have stifled them.

Our tactics last night were the same Broxburn had on Saturday. If Broxburn went for it against us they would have been trounced. Instead they sat back and kept in the game until our two late goals finished the job. At 1-0 there is every chance of stealing a result at the end. Likewise if we “go for it” at Darkheid or Greyskull then we will get annihilated. We haven’t got the players or the ability to convincingly take them on, in the same way Broxburn couldn’t “take us on”.

8 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

So that's our aim?
Be Hamilton and maybe avoid the play offs, not relegation on goal difference?
That's a piss poor outlook.

You do realise that goal difference counts for every position in the league, not just relegation battles? It could be the difference between winning the title and coming 2nd (didn’t Man Utd do that under Fergie at some point?), making or failing to make the Top 6, and indeed every other position. 

I know you’re fishing here but the comment above is pretty stupid. I’m clearly stating goal difference in general is a factor which should always be considered as it’s the tie breaker when points are level. You fine well know I didn’t say “let’s do an Accies and survive on GD!”

You post some decent things when you want to, but it’s the shite like this that leads most posters to completely ignore your existence because it’s just outright stupid.

14 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

We avoided a playoff on GD 3 seasons ago.

And, more crucial, in 2018-09 when we finished on the same point as bottom club ICT.

Goal Difference could be vital. As you say, it has been before. It might be again in a  season like this when things are so tight between the teams by this stage. Leagues have been won and lost as have league survival. And, as Cornwall has pointed out, league positions and prize money won. Jim is quite right to adapt our style to minimise damage and as we saw the other night.. Who knows if the header had gone in.. Maybe more. 

Edited by St.Ricky

And guess what....all 3 lost at Ibrox like we did last night (1v0, 2v1 & 3v1) so the appearance must have been deceptive.
But they attacked, which the supporters would appreciate, and it gives confidence to the players that they can compete against the top teams.
But hey, we're gonna disagree.

I say: go out there lads show me what you're capable of.

Others: we're gonna get tanked, hopefully just by the one goal.

Thank christ, Broxburn believed the former

But they attacked, which the supporters would appreciate, and it gives confidence to the players that they can compete against the top teams.

If we had attacked and lost by four or five, you think that would have done more for the players confidence as opposed to them looking back a tight game where they could have nicked a point and knowing they were able to show discipline and carry out a very specific game plan almost perfectly?

8 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:
29 minutes ago, delpierro said:

If we had attacked and lost by four or five, you think that would have done more for the players confidence as opposed to them looking back a tight game where they could have nicked a point and knowing they were able to show discipline and carry out a very specific game plan almost perfectly?

Common sense prevails. 

You do realise that goal difference counts for every position in the league, not just relegation battles? It could be the difference between winning the title and coming 2nd (didn’t Man Utd do that under Fergie at some point?), making or failing to make the Top 6, and indeed every other position. 

I know you’re fishing here but the comment above is pretty stupid. I’m clearly stating goal difference in general is a factor which should always be considered as it’s the tie breaker when points are level. You fine well know I didn’t say “let’s do an Accies and survive on GD!”
You post some decent things when you want to, but it’s the shite like this that leads most posters to completely ignore your existence because it’s just outright stupid.
Do get me wrong..!
I am BIG on goal difference... it's just I believe actually attempting to SCORE goals when you are already losing, and your opponents are playing poorly is more effective, and is proven to work!

8 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:
9 hours ago, delpierro said:

There it is again, this imaginary 4 or 5 goals. :lol:

Ok, if we'd attacked and got a draw, wow, what would that have done for our goal difference?

What would that have done for this overstated confidence? 

More importantly it would have had us equal with St Johnstone on points.

You do know we went another goal in the wrong direction on Wednesday night? 

IF we'd attacked and we'd won, wow ,goal difference and points would have went in the positive direction, or has that escaped you, and a few other's? 

Edited by faraway saint

56 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

There it is again, this imaginary 4 or 5 goals. :lol:

Ok, if we'd attacked and got a draw, wow, what would that have done for our goal difference?

What would that have done for this overstated confidence? 

More importantly it would have had us equal with St Johnstone on points.

You do know we went another goal in the wrong direction on Wednesday night? 

IF we'd attacked and we'd won, wow ,goal difference and points would have went in the positive direction, or has that escaped you, and a few other's? 

Gone. 

Just trying to help. 

But

The argument you make is factually incorrect and Ill thought out. 

Edited by St.Ricky

So the thread thus far boils down to fans who are happy we didn't have a go, but lost, which affected our goal difference, and points lost (yes points make prizes)

and fans who think early in the second half, as we were losing points and goal difference we should have pushed for a goal.

No one other than those who mistakenly believe losing does not affect your goal difference, and somehow suggesting any attempt to try and get a goal Against poor opponents means you will lose 5..! Fails to see their own snooker...