Saturday league game at home

Tommy

Had a look at the rest of our fixtures, and we don't have a Saturday league game at home until 21th March against the blue bigots which is 1 week before the fixture split. 

With live games against the Dons and Hearts still to come, we will have been on tv 5 times at home with no away live game if I am counting right.

If the blue bigots game get moved for tv (it normally does) could we possibly end up having no Saturday game at home for the rest of the season unless we get lucky after the split. 

Shit midweeks games against the likes of the Fales and the Accies is going to cost the club plenty as well as live games against the Dons and Hearts. 

18 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Had a look at the rest of our fixtures, and we don't have a Saturday league game at home until 21th March against the blue bigots which is 1 week before the fixture split. 

With live games against the Dons and Hearts still to come, we will have been on tv 5 times at home with no away live game if I am counting right.

If the blue bigots game get moved for tv (it normally does) could we possibly end up having no Saturday game at home for the rest of the season unless we get lucky after the split. 

Shit midweeks games against the likes of the Fales and the Accies is going to cost the club plenty as well as live games against the Dons and Hearts. 

Unfortunately we don't have a governing body who understand how to market the Scottish game.

Where is our story? Our game's culture?

England managed to make a fabulous and compelling story about their game which was at the time marred by hooliganism and low crowds. They mad a silk purse from a pigs ear and reaped the rewards. Of course greed will be their downfall but that's another story.

In the same time period we have done absolutely f**k all except try and sell the bigotfest to people who were already bought into it with the guy in charge of everything actively talking down the rest of our leagues and teams. It beggars belief that Doncaster is still in a job after doing that.

Edited by oaksoft

On 12/30/2019 at 5:40 PM, Tommy said:

Has to hit the crowds unfortunately. Desmond White seems to have known what he was talking about when it came to TV and Football. 

11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

No? 

You're starting, not for the first time, to be evasive.

Who is Desmond White and where did he say this about Scottish football and TV? 

I have to believe you are joking. 

Apart from anything else he almost single handedly created the Biscuit Bix Legend nd at Celtic Park and featured in the well known photograph when NcNeill replaced Stein. He lived cash at the gate. TV doesn't pay in used fivers but that wasn't his only injection. Suggestion... Try Google. 

1 minute ago, St.Ricky said:

I have to believe you are joking. 

Apart from anything else he almost single handedly created the Biscuit Bix Legend nd at Celtic Park and featured in the well known photograph when NcNeill replaced Stein. He lived cash at the gate. TV doesn't pay in used fivers but that wasn't his only injection. Suggestion... Try Google. 

Oh right, so we've established he was one of the worst directors Celtic ever had, died in 1985 and you're REALLY using his quote, which you've never produced, as some sort of argument that TV is bad for Scottish football, some 35 years after his death.

Oh dear, what a warmer. :lol:

PS Your spellcheck is broke. :rolleyes: 

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Oh right, so we've established he was one of the worst directors Celtic ever had, died in 1985 and you're REALLY using his quote, which you've never produced, as some sort of argument that TV is bad for Scottish football, some 35 years after his death.

Oh dear, what a warmer. :lol:

PS Your spellcheck is broke. :rolleyes: 

It's taking you time.. To be expected but... You are catching up. 

PS. Broken would be grammatically correct. 

5 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

It's taking you time.. To be expected but... You are catching up. 

PS. Broken would be grammatically correct. 

Oh I knew who Desmond White was, I just couldn't believe you were being so stupid to use him, and a quote you've never produced, to back up your latest statement that TV is bad for football. :lol:

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Eh? A book by Ronnie McDevitt? 

Who's this Desmond White you quoted? 

35 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

No? 

You're starting, not for the first time, to be evasive.

Who is Desmond White and where did he say this about Scottish football and TV? 

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Oh I knew who Desmond White was, I just couldn't believe you were being so stupid to use him, and a quote you've never produced, to back up your latest statement that TV is bad for football. :lol:

Such short term memory loss is worth discussing with a doctor.

Hilarious … if it wasn't so potentiallly tragic.  :lol

:

13 minutes ago, antrin said:

Such short term memory loss is worth discussing with a doctor.

Hilarious … if it wasn't so potentiallly tragic.  :lol

:

You're that angry, you failed to see I was setting the forum fool up.

Throw in one of your classic spelling errors and you've shown yourself up again.

Run along you silly old fool. :lol:

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You're that angry, you failed to see I was setting the forum fool up.

Throw in one of your classic spelling errors and you've shown yourself up again.

Run along you silly old fool. :lol:

Help ma boab. It gets deeper and deeper. He will be rolling out the full quote soon. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Doesn't seem to have done the crowds in the EPL any harm?
If the product is good enough people will turn up and pay.
Actually it has harmed crowds in EPL.

EPL is based on TV money paying over the odds money for average players. It describes itself as biggest league on earth yet always empty seats at live games.

5 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

EPL is based on TV money paying over the odds money for average players. It describes itself as biggest league on earth yet always empty seats at live games.

Harmed? 

Why isn't it the biggest league on earth?

In terms of popularity world wide I'd say it is.

Always empty seats? I'll leave that for now. :lol:

Considering the saturated coverage it's probably a surprise that attendances are certainly stable with the majority of games close to full. 

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

I don't tend to watch English games or in fact games on TV. Attending live games is my thing. The EPL is not the best supported league in the world.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/robertkidd/2019/04/11/german-bundesliga-is-worlds-best-supported-league-by-attendance-says-report/

Even worse than the money in from TV is the growing influence of betting companies in the game. 

Having got rid of tobacco and alcohol advertising and investment, betting has taken over. I may be wrong but I believe that our regulations are more betting company friendly than elsewhere. Its no surprise that the top earning CEO runs a betting company. 

Edited by St.Ricky

2 hours ago, cockles1987 said:
3 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Thank you for providing the proof that the EPL has a greater attendance of supporters over a season than the GBL.

Yes but that total number of attendees includes a higher number of teams so you have to normalise to see the true comparative picture.

Using per team averages is perfectly reasonable. It's certainly more reasonable than the abuse of statistics you are engaging in.

4 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

Eh, the question was what is bigger. I agree it is bigger because in part because they're more clubs.

To counter your argument, if a league had two clubs and they played each other 4 times averaging 50,000. Would you say that that was the biggest league in the world?

The question was about "best supported" not "which is bigger".

Because each league has a different number of teams you have to normalise to "per team" or perhaps "per capita". Anything else is pretty meaningless.

Edited by oaksoft