St Mirren v Aberdeen 12.30 26 1 2020

St.Ricky

• 2 weeks later...

1 minute ago, Sweeper07 said:

18 days and 2 other matches to play before this one AND the Window is still wide open . . .

I 'll will post a view nearer kick off on this one . . .

A few in and outs and it's all over. A bit like sex in Arbroath

Then we can look at a possible team selection. 

Just ordered my ticket for this match. Looking forward to it already. Interested to see how we line up in the Cup and at Ibrox before this match.
I’d like to see Cooke get a start and stake a claim to the jersey.
Don’t expect any points from Ibrox, but will be disappointed if we don’t take anything against the Dons.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2020 at 1:17 PM, turrabuddie said:

Just ordered my ticket for this match. Looking forward to it already. Interested to see how we line up in the Cup and at Ibrox before this match.
I’d like to see Cooke get a start and stake a claim to the jersey.
Don’t expect any points from Ibrox, but will be disappointed if we don’t take anything against the Dons.

Feel very much like yourself about this one Turra. Would be great to take the points against Aberdeen in front of what, I Hope, will be a decent crowd. 

34 minutes ago, eastlandssaint said:

Games this season have been tight with one win each. I didn't go to Aberdeen but I seem to remember reports that we were unlucky to lose up there. Hope to repeat our early season victory on Sunday. 

Aberdeen are absolutely s***e they have been all season and we should be sitting here having won 2 out of 2 against them.

If we don't beat them on Sunday it will be down to what we don't do as they are strictly a one trick pony long balls to Cosgrove all match long.

Magennis out so hopefully McGrath back in in his place as we go at them like we did earlier in the season.

Agreed that keeping Cosgrove quiet and perhaps McGinn, McGeouch and Considine (at corners) too would do our cause no harm.

Wonder if Durmus will make it?

It would be a nice surprise to have another in for this game !

1 nil to us - Obika, Morais or McGrath to get the goal. . . :magic

6 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Aberdeen are absolutely s***e they have been all season and we should be sitting here having won 2 out of 2 against them.

If we don't beat them on Sunday it will be down to what we don't do as they are strictly a one trick pony long balls to Cosgrove all match long.

Certainly not the Aberdeen of last season but still formidable opponents. You are right though that we won once and by all accounts should have drawn or won at Pitoddrie. Would be nice to get a win. 

It was a stonewall penalty although he has previous for diving this wasn't one of those occasions.

Noticed Cosgrove dived again to win a penalty in their cup tie against Dumbarton last Saturday.
He will be at it again on Sunday.
Should be banned for many months.
CHEATING CNUT

Aberdeen's form is poor, to say the least.

Good result against Rangers (2-2 draw) and only beaten Hamilton & Livingston in their last 7 league games.

Lost to Motherwell (who'd have thunk that)Celtic and thumped 3-0 by Hibs, amassing 8 points from a possible 21.

If there's a good time to play them it's now.

Difficult to predict, hard to tell if we'll try to win or settle for a tight game, hoping to sneak it.

I'll leave my prediction till nearer the time. 

JG, when asked about injured players, stated that Broadfoot should be in the squad and possibly McAllister too, if he has no reaction to training today. Durmus has heavy bruising on one of his feet.

No mention of Jamie McGrath though.:unsure:

As mentioned elsewhere, he is looking to bring in a replacement for Magennis.