St Mirren v Aberdeen 12.30 26 1 2020

St.Ricky

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

The Aberdeen forum is an unhappy place, mostly aimed at their manager.

Fed up with his long ball tactics and negative approach.

I thought he played it well today. :lol:

Youre just a better person these days FAS. Now that Saints is your first team rather than Dons :whistle

1 minute ago, whydowebother said:

It’s young women we need keeping out of harm’s way of the forum fool.

A welcome point on the board today, couple of new additions to the squad & hopefully many more points on the board.

Another disastrous day..........................for your predictions. 

What was the attendance? 

Well, we're not Barcelona that's for sure. You can tell Jim works closely with Gus MacPherson - and it'll work, we'll stay in the league just like we did under Gus all those years.

10 years this year since Gus got punted as the club tried to "move to the next level"... if we stay up this year I wonder what the next level up is.

Onto the game, McCarthy is a find... Watching that game if you were told one CB came from LOI and one from Norwich you'd probably guess wrong.

Shame to see Paul McGinn go, he's one of our best performers every week in whatever position he's asked. Like Hladky he's worth more keeping him for 6 months for free than a measly 5 figure sum just now.

Midfield it's hard to comment on, both midfields spent 90 mins challenging 50/50s and watching the ball sail over their head. Durmus provided moments of spark we sadly lack.

Upfront as usual we are toothless and can't make the ball stick. I don't like to see individuals getting stick and not all strikers are there to score goals, some are there to link play, win headers, drag defenders out of position, etc... but when you can't do any of that or finish the 1 chance you get then questions should be getting asked. 

4 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

Well, we're not Barcelona that's for sure. You can tell Jim works closely with Gus MacPherson - and it'll work, we'll stay in the league just like we did under Gus all those years.

10 years this year since Gus got punted as the club tried to "move to the next level"... if we stay up this year I wonder what the next level up is.

Onto the game, McCarthy is a find... Watching that game if you were told one CB came from LOI and one from Norwich you'd probably guess wrong.

Shame to see Paul McGinn go, he's one of our best performers every week in whatever position he's asked. Like Hladky he's worth more keeping him for 6 months for free than a measly 5 figure sum just now.

Midfield it's hard to comment on, both midfields spent 90 mins challenging 50/50s and watching the ball sail over their head. Durmus provided moments of spark we sadly lack.

Upfront as usual we are toothless and can't make the ball stick. I don't like to see individuals getting stick and not all strikers are there to score goals, some are there to link play, win headers, drag defenders out of position, etc... but when you can't do any of that or finish the 1 chance you get then questions should be getting asked. 

Aye, the next level, although our highest league position was better than Gus had achieved.

Throw in a league cup win and not a bad move IMO. 

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, the next level, although our highest league position was better than Gus had achieved.

Throw in a league cup win and not a bad move IMO. 

Certainly, I was a big fan of Lennon as our manager. 

My point was it's interesting we've came full circle in a sense.

5 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

Certainly, I was a big fan of Lennon as our manager. 

My point was it's interesting we've came full circle in a sense.

Aye, but that "next level" stuff was never ending.

Anyhow, as you say, full circle, and now is now. :thumbs2

PS When will we get to the next level...........................start a thread. :lol:

Paul McGinn going where ?

52 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The Aberdeen forum is an unhappy place, mostly aimed at their manager.

Fed up with his long ball tactics and negative approach.

I thought he played it well today. :lol:

Dons fans haven’t learned from the last time they hounded out a good manager when they forced Calderwood out. The end result was Mark f**king McGhee and a swift end to regular top 6 finishes.

McInnes is not having a great season but his Aberdeen record prior to this campaign has been excellent with consistently high finishes and regular European football. A fair few cup finals too although as with the rest of us, the bigots have been a step too far.

26 minutes ago, W6Saint said:

Aye, cause when Jim managed part time Alloa last season they played attacking formations every match against the full time sides...

Have to say, it has been a really dire performance so far. Aberdeen have had all the play. Amazingly we could be ahead, but in terms of playing football we have been totally shite. 
I would bring on Mcginn for Macpherson and push Flynn to mid. And switch Mullen for Andreu. 
Also once again Waters does not fill me with confidence. Needs dropping. 
Dropped for who?

Dreadful management if true. Would be really disappointed if this happens...... we have paid fortunes to release players from contracts, we should be able to retain Paul, or does he or management no longer want him to be there?
If Hibs want him on a PCA then there's very little we can do about it. Financially, they out muscle us significantly.

3 minutes ago, Lager Tops said:

Dreadful management if true. Would be really disappointed if this happens...... we have paid fortunes to release players from contracts, we should be able to retain Paul, or does he or management no longer want him to be there?

If Hibs offer more money, little we could do. He's good but not irreplaceable. However, if he goes now we need to get a replacement in, we can't go the rest of the season with only Flynn, who is really a midfielder, able to play at right back.

McCarthy is some find if he can keep that level of performance up. Strolled that game against one of the most physical and dangerous strikers in the League. Surely there must be some decent strikers in the LOI.

After the game Jim was complaining about our inability to make the ball stick up front. So why wait until 10 mins to go before changing it Jim?

Obika is hopeless - how many 1-1 with a keeper has he had and never scored? Andreu doesn't work hard enough and although Morias has improved recently he was honking out wide. I admit I was wrong when I thought he could play wide but he gave us no width by keep coming inside and coming back for the ball instead of stretching the defence.

McGinn should have started with Flynn wide right and wee Danny up front. But a point is a point even if this Dons are very poor.

Hope Paul stays but cannot blame him if he can more than double his wages.

A decent point.

Very good defensive performance but we offer f**k all in attack.

Obika shouldn't be missing that.

A change required in attack.
He should have scored but it wasn't a simple tap in and can be forgiven.

What I struggled with was how easily he was brushed off the ball in every challenge, and how little he was able to win the ball or hold it up.

He had been improving, but that was a very poor display all round.

Cooke should have replaced him at half time... He has a contract to play for and a point to prove!

McGinn go?
[emoji850][emoji25]