St Mirren v Aberdeen 12.30 26 1 2020

St.Ricky

Guest TPAFKATS
Indeed not too shabby.
What you have to think of is now we are in the last set of games we still have to play both Rangers and Celtic.
Two of our current rivals for relegation have already played them, Ross County losing to Celtic and Hearts beating Rangers.
It more than unlikely we will get sweet FA from both these games while these two teams only have one game to play against the top two. 
There's still lots of twists and turns to go, I've already said the points we've taken against Aberdeen could be a massive difference come the end of the season, although they are on a terrible run over the last 8 games or so. 
Oh, your "progression in the cup" point.....................[emoji38]
There's only been one round of games where teams have met for a third time, that was this weekend. So Ross County don't have any games left against celtic. However... Ross County play their game in hand against rangers this midweek. So they still have to play rangers again.

St. Johnstone have 2 games in hand, against both the old firm I think.
They play celtic this midweek, so at the moment they have 4 games against old firm before the split.

Hamilton have to play them both?
Killie played celtic same night we played rangers last week so assume they still have them both to play as well?

2 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

There's only been one round of games where teams have met for a third time, that was this weekend. So Ross County don't have any games left against celtic. However... Ross County play their game in hand against rangers this midweek. So they still have to play rangers again.

St. Johnstone have 2 games in hand, against both the old firm I think.
They play celtic this midweek, so at the moment they have 4 games against old firm before the split.

Hamilton have to play them both?
Killie played celtic same night we played rangers last week so assume they still have them both to play as well?

Aye, ah know, and as we have them both near the end of this last set I'm not sure if that's an advantage or not.

That'll all depend on how things go over the next 7 games. 

Too many possible upsets to really try to gauge where we'll be at this stage.

As Ayrshire pointed out, we have done ok in the last 4 games but we're still in seep doo doo.

Hearts will only go one way I fear.

As for the other 5 teams in the bottom 6, impossible to say as they all have their brief decent spells, except Kilmarnock. :lol:

Guest TPAFKATS
Aye, ah know, and as we have them both near the end of this last set I'm not sure if that's an advantage or not.
That'll all depend on how things go over the next 7 games. 
Too many possible upsets to really try to gauge where we'll be at this stage.
As Ayrshire pointed out, we have done ok in the last 4 games but we're still in seep doo doo.
Hearts will only go one way I fear.
As for the other 5 teams in the bottom 6, impossible to say as they all have their brief decent spells, except Kilmarnock. [emoji38]
Killie seem to be in free fall.
St. Johnstone have improved but are still pretty pish.
Hamilton are leaking goals and will be in a relegation battle just because they are Hamilton.
Ross County created plenty at celtic but scored none.
Hopefully we'll be better than 2 of them

18 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:

Hamilton are leaking goals and will be in a relegation battle just because they are Hamilton.

Latest odds to be bottom are.................

Hamilton 5/4

St Mirren 11/4

Hearts 3/1

Ross County 14/1

St Johnstone 20/1

Kilmarnock 25/1

I don't think St Johnstone are as bad as you make out, losing that guy to Aberdeen won't help right enough. 

Edited by faraway saint

Those prices are mental given current form and the "gap" between us and the 3 above.

Latest odds to be bottom are.................
Hamilton 5/4
St Mirren 11/4
Hearts 3/1
Ross County 14/1
St Johnstone 20/1
Kilmarnock 25/1
I don't think St Johnstone are as bad as you make out, losing that guy to Aberdeen won't help right enough. 

3 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Last 4 games Celtic, Killie, Rangers and Aberdeen, 4 points collected and progression in the cup. On Christmas day most would have accepted that outcome yet here we are moaning and bitching as if we were on a horrific Killie style run. We have been steadily keeping the scoreboard ticking over and gave become much harder to beat yet some now moan about the style of play. Seems management just cant win no matter what they do. We are 2 points off 7th ffs let's try getting behind the players rather than lambasting them game in game out regardless of the result.

Spot on. Glad that management and players have more balls. 

They certainly don't have more balls when it comes to actually trying to win games.

Just spent best part of £60 to watch us try not to lose against Hibs rather than just having a fu****g go.

Spot on. Glad that management and players have more balls. 

3 of them are better than us according to the league table but having watched all of them I thought every one of them has been worse than us when we played them except County up there.

Currently he has 7 goals in 24 games to "Easily beat Thommo" he would have to score another 10 goals in around 16 games.

Not a f*****g chance that will happen.

Its funny that you mention Thommo , as Obika could quite easily beat ST best seasons tally of 16 in all competitions. 

19 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

They certainly don't have more balls when it comes to actually trying to win games.

Just spent best part of £60 to watch us try not to lose against Hibs rather than just having a fu****g go.

How do you know that? 

You have JG's game plan? 

I have eyes & ears have saw it almost every away game this season and quite a few home games too & the manager has told us so in his post match interviews.

Your not slow in telling every one your match routine so presume that doesn't make you too tired to watch the last 2 games to know exactly what I am talking about.

How do you know that? 
You have JG's game plan? 

9 hours ago, Ronnie said:

You mean, have a go like the last time we were there. 

Screenshot_20200128-071139_Chrome.jpg

6 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I have eyes & ears have saw it almost every away game this season and quite a few home games too & the manager has told us so in his post match interviews.

Your not slow in telling every one your match routine so presume that doesn't make you too tired to watch the last 2 games to know exactly what I am talking about.

Like you, I've been to the last two games. The first, away from home against the team 2bd in the league and Saturday against the team 4th in the league. In the first we could have stolen a draw and in the second, the width of the goalpost denied us a win. Small margins. That's the way the league is at both the top and the bottom. I will be at Easter Road hoping we can pick up a point or three. How we do it, I'll leave to the manager but with one away win this season, I am not expecting swash buckling from the Saints. 

You do realise you back up my point with your response.

"We could have stolen a draw"

"I will be at Easter Road hoping for a point"

Seeing as you like to mention league placings 12th placed Hearts defeated 2nd placed Rangers.

Livingston defeated 1st placed Celtic.

League positions are only a number, yesterday all Saints social media platforms were full of the league cup semi final v Celtic if we employed the same tactics 7 years ago as we do now we wouldnt have won that semi final.

Like you, I've been to the last two games. The first, away from home against the team 2bd in the league and Saturday against the team 4th in the league. In the first we could have stolen a draw and in the second, the width of the goalpost denied us a win. Small margins. That's the way the league is at both the top and the bottom. I will be at Easter Road hoping we can pick up a point or three. How we do it, I'll leave to the manager but with one away win this season, I am not expecting swash buckling from the Saints. 

Munoz, I don't need BBC stats to see we didn't play to win that game.

There were 7 of us at that game unsurprisingly we all were of the same opinion that we should have had a go.

You and St Ricky really do have the blinkers on when it comes to Goodwin, Obika & the negative tactics.

You mean, have a go like the last time we were there. 

Screenshot_20200128-071139_Chrome.thumb.jpg.7902ad39f2b1dfc74b4bdc30e41eb721.jpg

7 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

You do realise you back up my point with your response.

"We could have stolen a draw"

"I will be at Easter Road hoping for a point"

Seeing as you like to mention league placings 12th placed Hearts defeated 2nd placed Rangers.

Livingston defeated 1st placed Celtic.

League positions are only a number, yesterday all Saints social media platforms were full of the league cup semi final v Celtic if we employed the same tactics 7 years ago as we do now we wouldnt have won that semi final.

My point is that we need to be pragmatic. You take a different view. Fine. Both of us will still be there on Saturday. If, if, we do it the way you suggest and win.. Then great. It will be one to remember 

3 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Munoz, I don't need BBC stats to see we didn't play to win that game.

There were 7 of us at that game unsurprisingly we all were of the same opinion that we should have had a go.

You and St Ricky really do have the blinkers on when it comes to Goodwin, Obika & the negative tactics.

I was also there, and the general consensus was we were unlucky not to get the 3pts. 

No blinkers on me. 

I reckon you're just a little naive when it comes to understanding the bigger picture.