Good To Be Gammon And Free To Speak

shull

6 hours ago, oaksoft said:

The opposite of sequential thinking is holistic thinking and the problem with that type of thinker is that they don't do detail and they wholly depend on others to achieve things for them. This is you down to a tea. Think about your own "achievements". How much have you actually done on your own? This is why your posts are vague and of low value. It's not that you are afraid of being hung by your own petard, it's because there's genuinely no substance or depth to your thoughts. You don't know how to be genuinely creative.

Don't be one of those two types They are both essential skills. Embrace both. That is the real big picture. Surprising that a holistic thinking advocate like you could miss something so obvious. When the revolution comes we'll need people who can both plan ahead for survival AND use a saw.

Sums him up perfectly. 

7 hours ago, oaksoft said:

The opposite of sequential thinking is holistic thinking and the problem with that type of thinker is that they don't do detail and they wholly depend on others to achieve things for them. This is you down to a tea. Think about your own "achievements". How much have you actually done on your own? This is why your posts are vague and of low value. It's not that you are afraid of being hung by your own petard, it's because there's genuinely no substance or depth to your thoughts. You don't know how to be genuinely creative.

Don't be one of those two types They are both essential skills. Embrace both. That is the real big picture. Surprising that a holistic thinking advocate like you could miss something so obvious. When the revolution comes we'll need people who can both plan ahead for survival AND use a saw.

Good advice for you to follow. 

You make my point so eloquently. 

On 1/20/2020 at 4:33 PM, oaksoft said:

Why bother. The article is poorly written, unfocussed and all over tha place.

The author should remove the sanctimonious "woke" nonsense and the lecturing.

That article is a genuine example of self absorption and grand standing.

Uh huh, 

On 1/19/2020 at 10:27 PM, Mykey said:
On 1/19/2020 at 8:32 PM, oaksoft said:
We are all self obsessed.
What was it that he specifically said which was a problem?

I quite like some of oaky's contributions and I like that when he's shown up to be wrong he tends to hold his hands up and admit it. On this occasion he has given an opinion so I can't show him up as wrong but in my opinion we are not all self obsessed.

Speak for yourself.

On 1/21/2020 at 12:40 AM, oaksoft said:

The opposite of sequential thinking is holistic thinking

No.  It's not.

and the problem with that type of thinker is that they don't do detail and they wholly depend on others to achieve things for them. 

No, holistic thinkers DO do detail.

And they DON'T depend on others to achieve things for them.

Sheer lack of any thinking produces verbose fantasy, oxter.

Edited by antrin

1 hour ago, antrin said:

Sheer lack of any thinking produces verbose fantasy, oxter.

You've got your hands full enough with your childish nonsense on the Independence thread.

And now you want to open up a second front on a subject you know nothing about

FFS either get a job, join Tinder or find some friends to have a coffee with.

What the hell is wrong with you these last few days?

"What the hell is wrong with you these last few days?" 

Nothing.  I run, I write, I work... I occasionally drop onto the interweb for distraction and I keep stumbling upon lies, stupidity and nastiness that I can't bring myself to ignore. 

I apologise - you almost got away with that "thinking" bollox unscathed.

18 minutes ago, antrin said:

"What the hell is wrong with you these last few days?" 

Nothing.  I run, I write, I work... I occasionally drop onto the interweb for distraction and I keep stumbling upon lies, stupidity and nastiness that I can't bring myself to ignore. 

I apologise - you almost got away with that "thinking" bollox unscathed.

That's just your own posts. :lol:

God.......you don't alf talk some Keech, University keech at that, best thing to do wi that petard is tae shove it doon yer throat so as tae make sure the shit* comes oot the right end. 😎

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry jaybee  and thank you for repeating that braw oxter post, in which I just noticed his comment about posts being of such "low value" etc...

I think his own posts perhaps shouldn't be attacked just for their low value cos there is so much fun to be found in them.

For instance, as you quoted oxter's post , I glimpsed a sighting of perhaps the first ever known example of anyone being "HUNG BY THEIR OWN PETARD!!  Excellent.  Humanity got away for centuries merely being hoist by their own petards.

Let's hope oxter knows how to use a saw (if not a petard) when the revolution comes, because he'll never cut it (pun intended) if he disnae even know how to use English.

Edited by antrin
We needed easy sight of the hung petard...

1 hour ago, jaybee said:

God.......you don't alf talk some Keech, University keech at that, best thing to do wi that petard is tae shove it doon yer throat so as tae make sure the shit* comes oot the right end. 😎

Oaky loves to state the obvious but to cloak this in what he considers to be appropriate language. Translation... Learned by rote.