Marketing The Club

2 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Buy where would they sit?

Season tickets are seat specific.

If I want to bring a friend, I need to move and hope to find a couple of unoccupied seats together.

Madness!

I find the same issue BEK as we frequently bring a guest or two. Only way around it might not be popular though.. Unassigned sears? Unless someone can come up with a better solution! 

38 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

ST holder gets option to use regular seat, or be seated next to guest/s in available seating elsewhere.
If the ST is going to be empty it can be resold.

Interesting approach to the issue 

Tends to be what we do if there is no space near our seats but as we often buy seats on the day would make reselling the ST sears difficult 

Edited by St.Ricky

1 hour ago, shull said:

Free speech Bazzzzzy. 

Most don't agree with me and that's absolutely fine. 

No need to silence anybody with a differing opinion. 

The Ba's Burst 

I made no attempt to silence you, I asked you a question on why you bother if you've lost interest. 

2 hours ago, shull said:

Free speech Bazzzzzy. 

Most don't agree with me and that's absolutely fine. 

No need to silence anybody with a differing opinion. 

The Ba's Burst 

Discounted taxi fares to and from the ground for season ticket holders? 

50 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I made no attempt to silence you, I asked you a question on why you bother if you've lost interest. 

I have not lost interest in this Forum. The Forum is great despite some zzzzzzz

3 hours ago, Doakes said:

Like that idea! Similarly some golf courses offer their club members reduced rates at other clubs who they have links with. I think this would be a good way to attract groundhoppers, especially from England/Germany etc. Might in turn allow our season ticket holders to get cheaper tickets to a Newcastle or a Juventus game via our season ticket, for example. Would be good to have local/club link/ticket for a friend discounts included on some sort of online membership portal. 

The reduced rates for other courses / grounds would work perfectly well with just about every other team bar the old firm , and would increase season ticket sales.

The reduced rates for other courses / grounds would work perfectly well with just about every other team bar the old firm , and would increase season ticket sales.

Wouldn’t work for me, but I can see the appeal.

My Dad has a ST, and I think he would use it to take friends - people who wouldn’t ordinarily attend any matches, as long as they’d be sitting together.
He may even take my mum !

I would like to see us and the council tap into the overseas bus tours, many holiday makers stop of the Glynhill, Watermill hotel etc before heading up north.  Approach the bus operators and see if they can stay an extra few hours in Paisley, Lots of historical sites, Mill museum, Abbey, poets houses, Gerry Rafferty and to top off stop over at St.Mirren park and get a tour. Open up the lounge offer teas, coffees, sandwiches etc before sending them on their way along the M8 via the St.Mirren Shop.

Can you Imagine if we had ex players doing the tours at the ground, as they talk about their highlights playing on the pitch, the big screen comes to life and you see the action on the big tv monitor thing in the corner.

Game day as mentioned Supporters tent, open mic, fans singing and having a light refreshment before the game and getting fans into the mode. The club working with the fans in W7, getting them into a recording studio, getting some of the songs onto a cd. Wee Campbell or Colin starting to play the songs about   15 mins before the game starts. 

Lots of kids turn up for the kids training camp on Saturday mornings, give then some comp tickets, a lot of the kids support the OF but they prefer coming along to train with us. lets get these kids supporting us

Also hospitality doesn't appear to be getting used during the week, why not? Are we charging too much for the facilities

1 hour ago, chalky1 said:

I would like to see us and the council tap into the overseas bus tours, many holiday makers stop of the Glynhill, Watermill hotel etc before heading up north.  Approach the bus operators and see if they can stay an extra few hours in Paisley, Lots of historical sites, Mill museum, Abbey, poets houses, Gerry Rafferty and to top off stop over at St.Mirren park and get a tour. Open up the lounge offer teas, coffees, sandwiches etc before sending them on their way along the M8 via the St.Mirren Shop.

Can you Imagine if we had ex players doing the tours at the ground, as they talk about their highlights playing on the pitch, the big screen comes to life and you see the action on the big tv monitor thing in the corner.

Game day as mentioned Supporters tent, open mic, fans singing and having a light refreshment before the game and getting fans into the mode. The club working with the fans in W7, getting them into a recording studio, getting some of the songs onto a cd. Wee Campbell or Colin starting to play the songs about   15 mins before the game starts. 

Lots of kids turn up for the kids training camp on Saturday mornings, give then some comp tickets, a lot of the kids support the OF but they prefer coming along to train with us. lets get these kids supporting us

Also hospitality doesn't appear to be getting used during the week, why not? Are we charging too much for the facilities

Good points in there. 

At Falkirk, the hospitality area is run as a cafe. I use it often. Good parking, near the motorway. Sound familiar?  Falkirk also built a fans area called "Behind the Goals  alongside a High Quality Fitness Suite through their associated trust. The BTG area is rented out for meetings etc on Non Match Days and on Match Days provides a Less Pricey Hospitality Alternative for Fans. Worth a look perhaps. 

11 hours ago, chalky1 said:

I appreciate your ideas, chalky, but...

Until about 6 years ago I brought overseas bus tours to Paisley, regularly.

pick up in Edinburgh, straight to Paisley....

it is a lovely town.

first pause in the area, to point out Barshaw Park, where I was born: final pause at the Wallace memorial in Elderslie, before crossing at Erskine and heading NW to Oban, via Kilmartin Glen and the lovely coast road via Craobh Haven.

apart from a drive round town pointing out the fabulous architecture and historical points of interest, I parked at the watermill for a look at the Hamills,  then walked past the Toon Hall, for a look up the High Street to Coats Memorial.

We’d then go into the Abbey for a wander round and tea, cakes and tablet(and the lavvies), before heading to Elderslie via a wave to my brother on his verandah at Canal Street.

i always spoke of St Mirren but kiwis, yanks etc haven’t travelled thousands of miles to go into a new sterile concrete box. their home countries are awash with such edifices.

the only money spent in town was at the historic Abbey - Teas etc and its gift shop.  Few of your suggestions (all good) would really bring money into the town, let alone St Mirren, I fear.  :(

fellow tour guides/drivers spent 30-60 minutes in the Abbey.

I was perhaps too keen.

indeed, I drafted a suggested one week tour of - and based in - Paisley, and offered that to The Management.

they have yet to get back to me....  :unsure:

(we changed the Scottish Tour route to drive anti clockwise to/from Edinburgh, making Mull our final overnight, before finishing via Stirling Castle and the Kelpies.  Paisley lost out.  Scotland offers SO much...)

23 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

More good PR in the Record today. We are getting increasing coverage. If only we make it to the top six. Would get even more but well done Tony and Jim for the relationship you have built up. 

Are they lovers ? 

7 hours ago, antrin said:

I appreciate your ideas, chalky, but...

Until about 6 years ago I brought overseas bus tours to Paisley, regularly.

pick up in Edinburgh, straight to Paisley....

it is a lovely town.

first pause in the area, to point out Barshaw Park, where I was born: final pause at the Wallace memorial in Elderslie, before crossing at Erskine and heading NW to Oban, via Kilmartin Glen and the lovely coast road via Craobh Haven.

apart from a drive round town pointing out the fabulous architecture and historical points of interest, I parked at the watermill for a look at the Hamills,  then walked past the Toon Hall, for a look up the High Street to Coats Memorial.

We’d then go into the Abbey for a wander round and tea, cakes and tablet(and the lavvies), before heading to Elderslie via a wave to my brother on his verandah at Canal Street.

i always spoke of St Mirren but kiwis, yanks etc haven’t travelled thousands of miles to go into a new sterile concrete box. their home countries are awash with such edifices.

the only money spent in town was at the historic Abbey - Teas etc and its gift shop.  Few of your suggestions (all good) would really bring money into the town, let alone St Mirren, I fear.  :(

fellow tour guides/drivers spent 30-60 minutes in the Abbey.

I was perhaps too keen.

indeed, I drafted a suggested one week tour of - and based in - Paisley, and offered that to The Management.

they have yet to get back to me....  :unsure:

(we changed the Scottish Tour route to drive anti clockwise to/from Edinburgh, making Mull our final overnight, before finishing via Stirling Castle and the Kelpies.  Paisley lost out.  Scotland offers SO much...)

Cheers for the feedback, it's just some ideas, I know they're not all viable 

Paisley is the largest town in Scotland. But.. At present Motherwell and Kilmarnock have bigger average attendances. Made possible by having larger stadiums and giving more seats to the big two when they come calling. Would be interesting to look at stats showing the home fans attendances at matches. I think we would look pretty good on that score. 

One thing that is never mentioned is our excellent away support.

Fed up hearing 'we weren't told there would be this many away fans" when turning up at Killie, Hamilton, recently at St Johnstone and famously at Dunfermilne a couple of years back.

Not enough space for us in stadiums with loads of capacity, problems getting in, running out of catering, etc.

People at the club need to talk us up more, think we are undersold.

A wee bit of success and we have one of the best away supports in Scotland. COYS.

If the club was to set up a fanzone in the West Stand car park every home game would it be viable?

I assume there would be no issue with licensing since there were several beer tents at the 2 day food and drink festival in Abbey Close/Cotton St last year.

Would fans who currently drink in pubs in the town centre switch to having a few at the ground on a regular basis?

What would it mean for the 1877 bar?

50 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

If the club was to set up a fanzone in the West Stand car park every home game would it be viable?

I assume there would be no issue with licensing since there were several beer tents at the 2 day food and drink festival in Abbey Close/Cotton St last year.

Would fans who currently drink in pubs in the town centre switch to having a few at the ground on a regular basis?

What would it mean for the 1877 bar?

Would be very good for away fans who are poorly catered for.

As a club lets take more money off them, creating a new 'revenue stream'

7 minutes ago, Gordon Urquhart said:

Would be very good for away fans who are poorly catered for.

As a club lets take more money off them, creating a new 'revenue stream'

Most home fans are also poorly catered for.

300 home fans are catered for in the 1877  pre-match on an initial investment and ongoing subscription basis.

The vast majority of home fans who enjoy a pre-match drink do so well away from the stadium.

Howerer, as I asked earlier, is a beer tent capable of holding 500 or more people every fortnight going to be commercial viable?