Marketing The Club

13 minutes ago, Doakes said:

Encourage links with other clubs who historically play in black and white stripes, I think our history is a major selling point.  I'd offer discounted visitor tickets to season ticket holders of clubs such as Notts County, Newcastle United, Juve, Udinese, Ascoli, Siena, PAOK, Eintracht Frankfurt, Borussia Monchengladbach and Corinthians. Notts County & Juventus have had a few friendlies over the years - we should be getting in on that history, being (possibly) the first club in the world to play in the black and white stripes. This should be promoted on social media.

My home team in Belgium, RSC Charleroi play in black and white stripes. Unfortunately the only connection between the clubs so far is the disasters both suffered under that useless c**t Tommy Craig. I’d love to see a connection between the clubs in a positive light, even something like Charleroi loaning players to Saints or something along those lines.

1 hour ago, Doakes said:

I'd do the following;

Have a St Mirren stall in Paisley town centre selling match tickets and merch

Have a St Mirren stall in Braehead shopping centre selling match tickets and merch

Improve ticketing website to make it as simple as possible for people to buy tickets 

Continue the fine work being done to improve matchday experience for younger fans

Encourage local buskers to play St Mirren songs outside the stadium on matchdays 

German style beer tent outside the west stand on matchdays 

I'd have a board/screen outside the ground detailing the history of the club for visiting fans. Or perhaps a QR code where fans can scan it to find out more about the club

Encourage links with other clubs who historically play in black and white stripes, I think our history is a major selling point.  I'd offer discounted visitor tickets to season ticket holders of clubs such as Notts County, Newcastle United, Juve, Udinese, Ascoli, Siena, PAOK, Eintracht Frankfurt, Borussia Monchengladbach and Corinthians. Notts County & Juventus have had a few friendlies over the years - we should be getting in on that history, being (possibly) the first club in the world to play in the black and white stripes. This should be promoted on social media.

Excellent stuff imo. 

I think there’s a lot of positives to take regarding the growth of the club over the last few seasons. I feel more comfortable about our situation than I did last time we were in the SP. Will see how it works out this season but there seems to be a steady increase in our home crowd numbers year on year for the last few anyway, must be doing something right. The challenge will be keeping that going, if we can establish ourselves in the SP. A few things I’d like to see come in:

• Proper pre season fixtures to build the campaign. I know this might be more of a challenge with the League Cup but always thought the Renfrewshire Cup and one or two decent friendly fixtures set you up nicely for the season
  • Increase the awareness and visibility of SMISA/ BTB. I would have a stall at the games for people to sign-up and more literature available. I’m sure there’s promotional material but I have not once seen anything at the ground to give someone the option and information to join
  • More joined up approach with the W1 section. They have done a good bit for the young supporters and seem to be growing in number. Would be good to capitalise on that and see more engaged club events, especially if it could be targeted at Panda Club or maybe a bit older kids
  • Last twice I’ve been at club events, there has been chat about possibly putting on concerts. I’m not sure of the viability but if it was possible, then it would be great to explore
  • The arrangement with Newcastle which seen a few players loaned up gave a bit of excitement and obviously benefited them with Paul Dummett. Again not sure of viability but would like to see similar with another good sized English club to increase interest & also maybe get couple young gems. Imagine the progress of players like McGinn and McLean might be a good bargaining tool for us.

For me overall, slow and steady wins the race. We have shown progress every season under the current BOD and still recorded profits every year. Long may that continue, don’t drastically change anything.

Lock the Gates, demolish and build something else on the Site for the people of Renfrewshire and beyond. 

Unless there is the removal of Celtic and Sevco, there is no point in the other 40 Diddy Clubs. 

Not while Celtic and Sevco schools dominate Paisley and Scotland as a whole. 

The battle is presently lost. 

Total waste of everybody's energy and time as long those two sectarian Clubs are accommodated. 

Get them to feck or breakaway and start Scottish Football again. 

Yeah. There is an outright blanket ban on any UK broadcaster showing a live game at 3pm on a Saturday in the UK. This extends to club TV channels who are free to broadcast live outside the British Isles, hence the need for a VPN to view. 
Nothing SMFC can do about that. 
Not quite you can subscribe to English League one clubs tv channels in the uk.
I guess it's the top leagues that the ban applies to.

4 minutes ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Golf clubs offer members guest tickets at a discounted rates . Maybe season tickets could have the facility to bring say six guests a season at £15 a pop for decent games and maybe £10 a pop for the not so appealing games .

I had 4 spare Season Tickets for the Sellic game which I couldnt give away.

On 1/1/2020 at 12:35 PM, shull said:

Boot Celtic and Sevco out of Scotland and our Beautiful Game. 

If not, 40 SPFL Clubs would remain irrelevant and would be better off dead. 

I would like to see our Match Programme Cover improved. There must be decent designers in our Support who could help. 

Totally agree shull. This is the only issue that matters.

All fans of all non OF clubs need to boycott all games until they start a new league without the OF

Everything else is a waste of time

Fans who keep going to games get what they deserve. 

Golf clubs offer members guest tickets at a discounted rates . Maybe season tickets could have the facility to bring say six guests a season at £15 a pop for decent games and maybe £10 a pop for the not so appealing games .
Buy where would they sit?

Season tickets are seat specific.

If I want to bring a friend, I need to move and hope to find a couple of unoccupied seats together.

Madness!

4 hours ago, Doakes said:

I'd do the following;

Have a St Mirren stall in Paisley town centre selling match tickets and merch

Have a St Mirren stall in Braehead shopping centre selling match tickets and merch

Improve ticketing website to make it as simple as possible for people to buy tickets 

Continue the fine work being done to improve matchday experience for younger fans

Encourage local buskers to play St Mirren songs outside the stadium on matchdays 

German style beer tent outside the west stand on matchdays 

I'd have a board/screen outside the ground detailing the history of the club for visiting fans. Or perhaps a QR code where fans can scan it to find out more about the club

What have Partizan Belgrade and Wick Academy done to upset you. :D

6 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

What have Partizan Belgrade and Wick Academy done to upset you. :D

Not sure that Wick Academy are a big enough club to merit such a deal! 

As for Partizan, the Scottish football authorities have kittens if someone lets off a smoke bomb, imagine when a few hundred from Belgrade decide to show up :ph34r::lol:

Partisan-Belgrade-fans.jpg 

Black and White Stripes. 

We play half our matches not playing in black and white  stripes. 

When we play at home the black and white top is a fecking monstrosity that no other club in the world would want to relate to. 

Laughable. 

1 hour ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Like that idea! Similarly some golf courses offer their club members reduced rates at other clubs who they have links with. I think this would be a good way to attract groundhoppers, especially from England/Germany etc. Might in turn allow our season ticket holders to get cheaper tickets to a Newcastle or a Juventus game via our season ticket, for example. Would be good to have local/club link/ticket for a friend discounts included on some sort of online membership portal. 

Edited by Doakes

As a professional football club we aspire to be less than mediocre. 

We could finish third. 

We aspire to finish 10th and charge our fans up to TWENTY SEVEN POUNDS to witness continued shite. 

Our  fans celebrate when a team in third place beats a team in the bottom 4 or 5. So rather than us attempting to reach third place we are thrilled to feck to languish around 10th place and revel in our pishness. 

Shut the Gates. 

No point anymore. 

17 minutes ago, shull said:

As a professional football club we aspire to be less than mediocre. 

We could finish third. 

We aspire to finish 10th and charge our fans up to TWENTY SEVEN POUNDS to witness continued shite. 

Our  fans celebrate when a team in third place beats a team in the bottom 4 or 5. So rather than us attempting to reach third place we are thrilled to feck to languish around 10th place and revel in our pishness. 

Shut the Gates. 

No point anymore. 

We get it, you hate everything. It might amaze you but some people don’t share your view that there’s ‘no point anymore’ 

if you’ve given up on the club, why not give up posting about them? 

Edited by bazil85

9 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

We get it you hate everything. It might amaze you but some people don’t share your view that there’s ‘no point anymore’ 

He only lives for responses on this website and money from his prestigious taxi job  . . . its up to you if you want to help him out with the former !

20 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

We get it, you hate everything. It might amaze you but some people don’t share your view that there’s ‘no point anymore’ 

Free speech Bazzzzzy. 

Most don't agree with me and that's absolutely fine. 

No need to silence anybody with a differing opinion. 

The Ba's Burst