Marketing The Club

9 hours ago, Gordon Urquhart said:

One thing that is never mentioned is our excellent away support.

Fed up hearing 'we weren't told there would be this many away fans" when turning up at Killie, Hamilton, recently at St Johnstone and famously at Dunfermilne a couple of years back.

Not enough space for us in stadiums with loads of capacity, problems getting in, running out of catering, etc.

People at the club need to talk us up more, think we are undersold.

A wee bit of success and we have one of the best away supports in Scotland. COYS.

Aye. :grumpy, peckish emoji:

nae Killie pies left in THE place that should be selling bloody Killie pies!

recently.

7 hours ago, Gordon Urquhart said:

gasp, some people who have parked there for over ten years may not be able to park there anymore.

Can't possibly happen...

Well Gordon. Those of us who park behind the west stand pay for the privilege. Costs me, I think, £65 a year and besides giving an older guy like me a short walk to my seat, provides revenue for the club. But.. I would like to see more facilities for fans at the ground. PS. I use the 1877 usually taking one or maybe two guests. 

Fergie's Furies gave us attacking football and victories.

That is all we wanted.

No need for extra facilities.

Love Street was packed.

We took on average, 14 Busloads to away matches.

Very few had season tickets.

Admission prices were not expensive.

The Game is fecked presently.

3 minutes ago, shull said:

That is all we wanted.

Love Street was packed.

Aye, you've said.

Quite a few of your views are valid but the regurgitation/repetition turns them into blah blah fecking blah.

Get a fecking hobby that takes you away from the internet.

I've got some spare colouring in books? 

12 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, you've said.

Quite a few of your views are valid but the regurgitation/repetition turns them into blah blah fecking blah.

Get a fecking hobby that takes you away from the internet.

I've got some spare colouring in books? 

Shut yir aperture :byebye

Sally likes you  :lol:

So how was "fitba not fecked by the Sectarian duo and Sectarian schools" as you keep telling us then ? Pretty hypocritical. If you no longer support the club and don't want to contribute fair enough, your prerogative but stop giving us the shite OF excuses as if they were a new phenomenon. I wait a number of your dozen or so alter-egos shooting me down. You continue to let the bigots win and keep you away, the rest of us will continue to fight it and not let them bully us into deserting the club we love.

That is all we wanted.
Love Street was packed.

11 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

So how was "fitba not fecked by the Sectarian duo and Sectarian schools" as you keep telling us then ? Pretty hypocritical. If you no longer support the club and don't want to contribute fair enough, your prerogative but stop giving us the shite OF excuses as if they were a new phenomenon. I wait a number of your dozen or so alter-egos shooting me down. You continue to let the bigots win and keep you away, the rest of us will continue to fight it and not let them bully us into deserting the club we love.

The default position adopted by a number of fans is apparently to throw up their hands and surrender to what they see as an envitsbility that things will not change. That's easy to do. Takes no effort. Give up, don't go to the games. In essence they are inadvertently supporting what they claim to dislike instead of getting along in numbers to support their team. It's only by doing the latter that positive change will happen and is already happening as our active  growing fan base shows. Still.. I have sympathy with the view that more could be done to eradicate the socially unacceptable behaviours involved. 

24 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Football has been generally fecked for over 100 years due to sectarian bigotry. Today is worse because the financial difference is gigantic and that is why no Diddy Club will win the Top League. 

In the 1970's and early 1980's the Old Firm averaged 20000 crowds at home matches. So the gap was still there but could be bridged by Clubs with exceptional Managers like Fergie and Jim McLean. 

Not going to happen again. 

The Game is fecked. 

31 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

The only people who let the bigots win are those who attend matches involving them and Clubs who play them and sell their morons tickets for admission to their Stadiums. 

Like you. 

You're complicit in condoning bigotry at St Mirren Park as is St Ricky and many more. 

Shameful behaviour. 

14 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

The default position adopted by a number of fans is apparently to throw up their hands and surrender to what they see as an envitsbility that things will not change. That's easy to do. Takes no effort. Give up, don't go to the games. In essence they are inadvertently supporting what they claim to dislike instead of getting along in numbers to support their team. It's only by doing the latter that positive change will happen and is already happening as our active  growing fan base shows. Still.. I have sympathy with the view that more could be done to eradicate the socially unacceptable behaviours involved. 

Nonsense 

The board started it!
That was and remains their default position.

Fans are only responding accordingly.

15 minutes ago, shull said:

The only people who let the bigots win are those who attend matches involving them and Clubs who play them and sell their morons tickets for admission to their Stadiums. 

Like you. 

You're complicit in condoning bigotry at St Mirren Park as is St Ricky and many more. 

Shameful behaviour. 

Nonsense. I abhor bigotry. Even bigotry against bigots. Excuses for not standing your ground and getting yourself along there. But then I remember.. You don't go to any games. 

2 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

The board started it!
That was and remains their default position.

Fans are only responding accordingly.

BEK. I don't support the allocation of both stands but I understand the logic. Easily stopped and it will be if our crowds continue to grow. 

6 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

BEK. I don't support the allocation of both stands but I understand the logic. Easily stopped and it will be if our crowds continue to grow. 

But they won't and the board continue to choose the £ against the very people who turn up most weeks.

No matter how many times you say it, and it is plenty, we will not sell out the ground so, is that it for the foreseeable future? 

I don't go along with the dramatic "kids crying, thrown out of their seats" carry on but any fool should recognise theirs an issue here. 

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

If everyone boycotted all games then then clubs would start a new league without the OF

By not boycotting games then you allow the OF to not only continue but to flourish

you are responsible for the continuation of sectarianism in Scotland

and it’s all to the detriment of St Mirren

28 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Nonsense. I abhor bigotry. Even bigotry against bigots. Excuses for not standing your ground and getting yourself along there. But then I remember.. You don't go to any games. 

A Celtic bigot throws a firework at our Goalie. 

St Mirren fan slates the Celtic bigot. 

St Ricky calls the St Mirren fan a bigot because the St Mirren fan slated the Celtic bigot. 

St Ricky condones sectarianism and bigotry and is complicit in the morons ruining Scottish Football. 

44 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Could you clarify for any people who don't get to every game, how many games do you need to attend to have an opinion?

Thanks in advance. :whistle

33 minutes ago, Hiram Abiff said:

If everyone boycotted all games then then clubs would start a new league without the OF

By not boycotting games then you allow the OF to not only continue but to flourish

If Saints fans turned up to games in numbers,  they would get 500 seats in corner of the ground. 

I don't get our support some times - turn up in numbers for a Mickey Mouse cup final against Dundee United in Motherwell,  but boycott a home Premiership game ????

1 hour ago, shull said:

A Celtic bigot throws a firework at our Goalie. 

St Mirren fan slates the Celtic bigot. 

St Ricky calls the St Mirren fan a bigot because the St Mirren fan slated the Celtic bigot. 

St Ricky condones sectarianism and bigotry and is complicit in the morons ruining Scottish Football. 

Mr S. 

I don't condone the throwing of flares or anything else by any fan of any club at any game. 

I would do the same if it was a Saint's fan involved. 

No need for bigotry of any sort. 

If Saints fans turned up to games in numbers,  they would get 500 seats in corner of the ground. 
I don't get our support some times - turn up in numbers for a Mickey Mouse cup final against Dundee United in Motherwell,  but boycott a home Premiership game ????
I would go if it was included on my season ticket.

1 hour ago, Hiram Abiff said:

Delusional? 

Meanwhile in the real world. 

Your argument is a little like saying you don't vote because.. Well.. Because. Then complain when the party you don't like wins. 

Buy a ticket. Support the team. If enough of us do that then we can eventually reduce the allocation to the 500 or so that Munoz suggests. 

Only my opinion of course but not going along hands the advantage to the opposition, especially since teams no longer share gate receipts. Home games matter hugely. 

Edited by St.Ricky

13 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Mr S. 

I don't condone the throwing of flares or anything else by any fan of any club at any game. 

I would do the same if it was a Saint's fan involved. 

No need for bigotry of any sort. 

You're unable to comprehend any post. 

What a waste of time you are. 

12 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Delusional? 

Meanwhile in the real world. 

Your argument is a little like saying you don't vote because.. Well.. Because. Then complain when the party you don't like wins. 

Buy a ticket. Support the team. If enough of us do that then we can eventually reduce the allocation to the 500 or so that Munoz suggests. 

Only my opinion of course but not going along hands the advantage to the opposition, especially since teams no longer share gate receipts. Home games matter hugely. 

He is not delusional. 

You, once again can't comprehend any post that anyone makes. 

Nonsense

Like you. 
Shameful behaviour.