Wage League table

“The full range of salaries in the Scottish top division is just remarkable. Celtic pay more per man, basic, than Sheffield United of the English Premier League, while the seven lowest Scottish Premiership spenders pay less than quite a few teams in the fifth tier of English football."

This is why people don't attend the games against the OF. Because its a waste of time trying to compete.

Give them the stands, take their cash and just write the game off.

A Grand a week for people who can't pass, trap, shoot, save and head a football correctly. 

And who cheat by diving and feigning injury. 

Glad I am out of this shite corruption and don' t contribute cash anymore to it 

May as well mention the two major Clubs who poison the Game with sectarianism and bigotry.

And get away with it scot free.

OUT  

2 hours ago, shull said:

A Grand a week for people who can't pass, trap, shoot, save and head a football correctly. 

May as well mention the two major Clubs who poison the Game with sectarianism and bigotry.

OUT  

If fecking only.

Have to say, £48k is a surprising amount.

Suppose these players are in that bracket where they're rich and don't spend any money? :lol:

2 hours ago, shull said:

OUT  

Since you don't go.. How can you form an opinion? The average wage is now around £30k. Taxi drivers may well earn more.. Closer to the wages paid to players at the club. And without public scrutiny of their work unless you are on Trip Adviser. One big thing in your favour is your no boundary charge anywhere in the Union. 

4 hours ago, shull said:

OUT  

I know taxi drivers that earn a grand a week for sitting on there fat arses and talking a load of pish to there passengers, do you think they're worth the money they make?

18 minutes ago, Helmettroll said:

I know taxi drivers that earn a grand a week for sitting on there fat arses and talking a load of pish to there passengers, do you think they're worth the money they make?

Good question, Helmet. 

If they are competent at their job, by safely taking their customers where they want to go at a decent fare then they deserve their remunerations. 

If they are poor at their occupation , maybe driving badly, unable to navigate correctly or overcharge their customers, I would say they haven't mastered their trade and don't deserve what they earn per week. 

Thanks again for your contribution, Helmet. 

What are your thoughts now, Helmet ? 

1 hour ago, Hiram Abiff said:

I don’t think this information is available in any club accounts. 

club accounts just show total salaries of all staff

and i very much doubt that the clubs would give out this information

so I would take this survey with a pinch of salt 

I agree

Old Rangers gave out this info in 2011- and that worked well for them :P

6 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Since you don't go.. How can you form an opinion? The average wage is now around £30k. Taxi drivers may well earn more.. Closer to the wages paid to players at the club. And without public scrutiny of their work unless you are on Trip Adviser. One big thing in your favour is your no boundary charge anywhere in the Union. 

No it ain't. Certainly not in Scotland.

Whilst the average wage in Scotland might be £31k, how many hours a week is required to earn that.. 35-40 generally.

How many hours do the players work? Probably about half of that. So if you drill down into earnings per hour, there would be a significant difference.

But it’s also a shorter career, less stability etc. Swings and roundabouts.

12 hours ago, Tam M said:

Whilst the average wage in Scotland might be £31k, how many hours a week is required to earn that.. 35-40 generally.

How many hours do the players work? Probably about half of that. So if you drill down into earnings per hour, there would be a significant difference.

But it’s also a shorter career, less stability etc. Swings and roundabouts.

And the promise of a taxi job if they are totally shite players or have alcohol issues...……….

Totally shite Scottish players seem to get full time contracts from Scottish Clubs very easily. 

That is the problem. 

That is why we charge up to twenty seven Pounds for the fans to watch. 

On 1/6/2020 at 11:01 PM, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

Guessing those numbers are the basic wages of players and not counting bonus money for wins, draws, appearances etc.

Plus they will get fed at training and matchday for nothing I expect.